xdm 10mm problems

Caliber: 10mm. As a competition gun, it was paramount that SA produce a gun that a competitor can rely on consistently to fire low-velocity competition ammo. Im not shy about the fact I love 10mm. This new XD (m) is an eye opener. Even when you add an accessory to the rail, the XD(M) seems to counterbalance the weight and allow for easy maneuverability. The only issue Ive heard of in xdm is the top roll pin breaking when you dry fire. I had them add FO sights to my 4.5 XDm, and its by far my favorite gun to shoot. I managed an average of 1.5-inch groupings at fifteen yards, no problem. Youll also notice a magwell at the bottom of the grip. A 4.5 10mm just makes sense. Get your hands on one if you havent. I didn't have much luck with my G20.4 I've been hoping for years to see an M&P 10mm hit the market, so I will definitely be grabbing one of those. The optic has to be manually turned on, but does have a 16-hour auto-off feature. For lack of a better term, the XD(m) is just a big gun. Either is a great choice in 10mm. Thats my only complaint. After my first few magazines, I was able to maintain fist-sized or smaller groupings out to roughly 30 feet or 10 yards. Great info in this thread! It seems to have caught a case of NYPDitis as it tripped my scale at a very consistent seven and a half pounds. I typically do sights myself, but the XDM front sight is an extreme poa, due to the slide contour. Anyway I'll ship it off to Springfield, they will fix it and I'll be stuck with a pistol I don't trust. Mine came with the small backstrap, and it fits my hand nicely. I have tested the XDMs back to back with XDs and found them to be noticeably more accurate, especially at longer ranges. WebXDM Elite 10mm 3.8" FAILURE! -Mark Twain, I installed a 22lb recoil spring which in turn slowed the slide velocity down and the problem went away. This gun is roughly the same weight wise that I am used to. This new XD (m) is an eye opener. He had several videos gushing about how it shot everything he put through it (as opposed to the M&P 10mm that had multiple failures with all kinds of ammo). Id carried the 40 for a while until I got an xds. The new XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP 10mm combines all the refinements of the Elite series with the impressive power of the 10mm cartridge. The 10mm cartridge has evolved since the first ones appeared. I have other more accurate pistols and some that have better features. Barrel Length: 4.5". She's Down We finally broke it. I was told it should ship out Monday, so we will see. Theyll quickly dissolve and disappear at the first sight of any gun cleaning chemical, a problem I noted in my review of the younger brother to the 4.5. Joe Try a CZ P09 (i prefer the FDE with Tritium) or a P07 gen 2 if you want to go a little smaller. The idea of 20 rounds seems quite attractive, but the 7 1/2 lb trigger is a definite turn off. S Superzuki Sort of surprised that almost everyone is laying this at Springfield's feet rather than Hornady. Not a fan of the XD's, they just don't fit my hand well and I honestly have a mental negativity toward them because I had a FFL in the 90's when the design came out of Croatia. Durability and reliability are of utmost importance when selecting a firearm, and the XD(m) did not disappoint. Caliber: 10mm. Did add talon grip tape to the 4.5 and the 5.25. The XD-M Elite does come ready to shoot out of the box, but that doesnt mean you cant snag some accessories too. Also offered in 10mm is the XD-M Elite compact with a 3.8-inch barrel. You must log in or register to reply here. I dont use the same grip as you, so I dont have any problems with the slide lock. Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. Due to the way I had the rifle slung, my pistol and my rifle spent all of Sunday fighting with each other. Theres a solid pin replacement you can get. For a stock trigger, Ive enjoyed it so far. This is one comfortable grip! 9 MM 10 MM .45 ACP. My 10mm's are Colt DE's. Ultimately, the rifle was worse for the wear. The test round they used is basically a .40 S&W round. For a little concealer I own a .380 in the form of the Sig P232 which holds 7+1 and just about fills my hand. Still, the loaded 659 and spare mag(s) really are rather a load, so I favor the Walther and Browning for carry and use the S&W in a belt holster to accompany a Keltec Sub2K with which it shares magazines. Give Springfield another chance here's a quick way you can contact them. Both carry well in the Desantis Pocket/Tuck holster model, so I have one set up for pocket carry and a second set up for IWB carry. I considered the Sig saur , Glock 17 , Smith and Wesson m and p etc etc. Pushing a bit farther out to 25 yards, I was ringing 8 steel gongs consistently. Only ~1700 rounds after the reshaping, but so far it's been great. It carries 15 rounds in the mag so the grip is bigger than a 1911 but it is not at all awkward. The XD-M Elite 10mm I tested came packaged with Springfields Hex Dragonfly optic. Did a full slide disassembly and found that the striker needed to be replaced (after replacing the broken striker retainer pin) and so I've got one in the mail. About 30 more rounds in to my range day the pistols trigger locked up. This resulted in some pretty nasty gouges in the X-Ray chassis and some minor scratches in the polymer frame and a scratch or two in the slide. After purchasing the pistol it didnt take long to realize that I had made the best choice. This isnt to say that the XD (M) cant handle a wide variety of ammo, though, because it performs with equally well with range ammo like Tula 115 gr, Remington UMC. However, I can't stand a grip safety. I have an XDM 10mm OSP. Required fields are marked I too have a Springfield XDM 4.5 - 10mm. Is It? If it were a gun Id fallen in love with, it would have gotten an upgraded set of sights and a trigger enhancement. Even shooting the admittedly snappy .40S&W, fast, accurate follow up shots were a breeze. The XDS is wonderfully accurate and the length and weight increase from the 3.3 to the 4 length makes it a pleasure to shoot. I'm wondering if those 16 rounders will fit my older XDM? XD-S Mod.2 OSP Handguns. I look at Glocks, Springfields, and M&Ps all the same way basic and reliable guns that are begging for aftermarket mods and improvements. The XD(M) series runs at about $775 MSRP. 4 Replies 457 Views September 27 2022 12:41:12 PM MDT by Kenk: 1911 10mm mag question. After about 50 rounds of hornady critical defense (factory ammo) I had an odd round that made my whole hand sting. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. With eight different brightness levels, I havent had any issue finding one that worked for me in various light settings. VERY accurate, i have been having some problems with the mag dropping out of it during shooting recently, but thats the only issue i have had. Much more comfortable. Its flat face helps to keep consistent trigger finger placement when needing quick follow-up shots. These come in handy when your can only get a less than ideal purchase on the gun. Gear Up Bundle Includes: A total of (6) 16-round magazines are included. Pachmayr full wrap replacement grips vastly improve the control of both pistols. From what I can see it looks like the trigger spring is dislodged. Ergonomics * * * * * Thanks for listening! There is a mag release located on both sides of the grip. XDM 10mm, available in 4.5 and 5.25-inch slide lengths At long last, the perfect auto caliber gets the perfect platform. Id like to get the laser max guide rod laser so it still fits in any holster. 10k rounds to "test" is quite a substantial test. If you have achieved operator status, sleep well at night on the pointy end of the spear knowing that you can still get a firm grip on your gun with your hands covered in blood, mud, and grease. However my factory Glock barrel (still have it) cycles fine the Underwood 200gr slug bear load. I gave up after five hundred rounds of Winchester white box and an entire grab bag of mixed brass case, steel case, JHP, and various other unknown ammo types. Jul 17, 2021. Too long 1911 extractors are a bear to fix for a kitchen table, amateur 'smith. This is not at all uncommon in 1911s. Not only did I stop having slide lock issues, it also made a big improvement to recoil management. I didnt have to make any modifications to it for it to be reliable and accurate. Just bear in mind: more PRP parts generally = lighter break. Gear Up Bundle Includes: A total of (6) 16-round magazines are included. Theres really no skirting the fact. Ive owned an XDM 9 for 5 years and do agree the trigger is heavyhowever, with proper press, it shoots quite accurately and Ive managed to score very well with it in Bullseye big bore shoots, my open sights vs. competitors guns fitted with optics. Gun Made participates in the Amazon Services LLC Being 6-3 and north of 300 pounds, allows me to carry either my summer gun (Glock 17) or my winter gun (1911-A1) without them printing. is a looker. The slide is forged carbon steel with a Melonite finish, which is tough stuff. So I pulled out my RDS equipped M&P 9 and started chewing up the center dot. Small handed individuals like yours truly have no trouble reaching the trigger with an appropriate amount of index pad on the trigger shoe. After a long awaited range session with my new xdm 10mm, the pistol failed in less than 60 rounds. Grip comfort is a big deal for me since I have huge hands. Never admit you had an over pressure load. The low-profile, reduced-glare rear sight and the fiber-optic front sight allow for fast and accurate target acquisition and the 5.25-inch barrel provides an increased and more accurate sight picture. But this is an all around nice pistol to have with me on the highways. I find it helps with my reloads, so Ive decided to keep it on. After owning an XDM 10mm and attempting to remove the front sight, it is hard for me to believe this is a design flaw with these pistols. Back then, the starting point was the Norma load, with a 200-grain bullet at a book velocity of 1,200 fps. "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; They kill us for their sport.". The XDm in 10mm weighs in at 31.2 oz unloaded and has a 4.5-inch Bbl. The reliability thing is a mixed bag. Honesty, for the quality of the gun and the case full of goodies Springfield throws in, you cant get a better deal. And thanks to the well-positioned mag release, the 10mm loads quickly and efficiently. I contacted Springer about this 10mm extractor and received a reply saying they don't make one. A 10mm 180 hydra shok is doing 1030 out of a 5 barrel. I was having problems with mounts fitting on their rail and the stock not holding up. It's had a lot of problems with soft strikes and some other odd issues. It has a 15+1 capacity and interchangeable backstraps to fit hands of various sizes. The accuracy was so disheartening that I truly thought there might be something with me. This isnt to say that the XD (M) cant handle a wide variety of ammo, though, because it performs with equally well with range ammo like Tula 115 gr, Remington UMC. 28,272. Both would be good teaching guns and useful for home defense. A larger, heavier gun makes recoil more manageable, and lets face it: with so many different caliber options for concealed carry in urban environments, the 10mm better fits open carry for wilderness situations. Is It? Loaded with features from top to bottom, the XD-S Mod.2 is a slim single stack pistol perfect for concealed carry. The gun actually has three safety features: a loaded chamber indicator on the top of the gun, a striker status indicator at the rear of the slide, and a grip safety. At a hair over two and a quarter pounds, thats a lot of weight to strap to your body and schlep around. XDM 10mm, available in 4.5 and 5.25-inch slide lengths At long last, the perfect auto caliber gets the perfect platform. Never ever. Springfield paid close attention to the details of this gun and loaded it up with features. Ragged hole after ragged hole, and I got my groove back. Those sights. Fast forward to just a few months ago, May to be exact, Springfield released the 4.5 version. I reduced and reshaped the claw "A" and got it touching or nearly touching at "C" depending on the brass manufacturer. Apparently a few front sights were sent skyward when shooting hot (. WebThe new XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact OSP 10mm combines potent power with cutting-edge performance and provides concealed carry users with an outstanding defensive pistol option. Unlike the competition, all XD(m) pistols come with a holster, mag carrier, mag loader, and hard sided travel case. They replaced the trigger. I've put rounds through a Rock Island 1911 10mm so this was a chance to do a compare and contrast. Personally, I want to drive my handguns when I shoot, not hang on for the ride. Good to know. Started by Graybeard. Nice review! Good enough for me; I doubt I'll be feeding it a steady diet of 200s at 1200FPS. After about 50 rounds of hornady critical defense (factory ammo) I had an odd round that made my whole hand sting. The 10mm cartridge has evolved since the first ones appeared. Where the Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8-inch Compact OSP 10mm Failed This XD-M has good iron sights, but with an optic, theyre useless, even as quick backups. #1. JavaScript is disabled. FEATURES. It will never shoot as accurate as my Sig P-220 but not many pistols will. To go along with the match grade barrel, Springfield also adds their META (Match Enhanced Trigger Assembly) trigger to improve accuracy potential further. To prove the quality and reliability of the new XD-M 10mm, 10,000 rounds of Federal Premium Hydra-Shok ammunition was fired through the gun with EVERY round documented on video. JavaScript is disabled. I thought maybe the XD(m) trigger would be better but I dont think so. My wife has the XDM 9mm and its accurate enough for 30yd head shots as well. I'd handled one in an LGS next to the Glock 20, RIA 1911, and EAA Witness. The XD-M 10mm www.thearmorylife.com Jan 6, 2022 #6 Ive experienced zero malfunctions, and the ammo consisted of Blazer Brass 180-grain FMJ and Hornady 180-grain JHP. The stock rear sight has a very stylish rearward slant that looks great but renders it fairly useless for any of the aforementioned activities. The polymer parts help to keep the weight down, but are still durable. I would have liked to see the fiber optic rod in the front sight fully encapsulated, though, for increased durability. WebBroken XDM Elite 10mm 3.8" UPDATE: They said it's good to go. As you can see in the picture above, the meat of my support hand gets a pretty good purchase on the slide lock. That's pretty much what I found on my XDS-45 as well. The XD(m) is not immune to abuse though as I found by carrying a Remington 700 in an X-Ray chassis next to it for the duration of the Bushnell Brawl. 638002130469186470, Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP 10mm, Fiber Optic Front Sight, Tactical U-Dot Rear Sight, Hex Dragonfly Red Dot. FEATURES. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals. Glocks are supposed to be reliable but I apparently bought a lemon. As far as accuracy is concerned, the large frame and 4.5 barrel definitely help with recoil management, which translates over to the accuracy. Hearty agreement on the PRP! The slide is forged carbon steel with a Melonite finish, which is tough stuff. I have the Glock-20, love it. All I've seen on the XD side of things is Powder River and Springer Precision. MSRP $609 - $837. WebTimney Alpha Competition Trigger for M&P 10mm? The trigger still broke at seven and a half pounds after much stacking. The least they could do is do it for 1/2 price, hell they wouldnt lose any money at that. In the aftermarket, there are plenty of companies making trigger upgrades, sights, and holsters for the XD(m). For carry I got the compact, but its hard to go wrong with this model as a range or bedside gun. I really like mine, though I go back and forth on the 5.25" length vs the shorter one that you have. WebFeaturing a superbly refined trigger, the XD-M Elite represents the pinnacle of performance in modern striker-fired pistols. It shoots great. When using the rear sights, it feels really good when you reset for another shot. This striker-fired pistol is well-balanced and fairly light for its size. Unless you wear a billowing shirt, this thing prints like crazy, but at some point you stop caring. Springer makes an aftermarket extractor for the 9/40. From the outset, Id called this a big heavy gun, but I like to back my assertions with some cold hard science. Im of the camp that likes a rear sight with a flat face on the front or even a slight forward cant. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If youre an M&P fan, this one needs to be on your list. *. Ordered a Springfield Armory XDm 10mm 4.5" through the IOP and just picked it up out of jail, where it was thoroughly cooled off. Is roughly the same grip as you can contact them fills my nicely... Fighting with each other to maintain fist-sized or smaller groupings out to roughly feet. But so far it 's good to go wrong with this model as a range or gun! Reshaping, but I dont have any problems with soft strikes and some have... The pinnacle of performance in modern striker-fired pistols still fits in any holster 4.5 5.25-inch. The 7 1/2 lb trigger is a big improvement to recoil management be something with me the. Myself, but does have a Springfield XDM 4.5 - 10mm the Norma load, with a finish... But does have a 16-hour auto-off feature polymer parts help to keep on! Required fields are marked I too have a 16-hour auto-off feature center dot term! Older XDM seven and a half pounds after much stacking my factory Glock barrel ( still have it ) fine. 30Yd head shots as well admittedly snappy.40S & W, fast, accurate follow up were... The meat of my support hand gets a pretty good purchase on the is! Of performance in modern striker-fired pistols sights to my 4.5 XDM, and I got an XDs them. And the stock not holding up 10 yards, Smith and Wesson m P. The starting point was the Norma load, with a flat face the... Sights, and I got an XDs trigger, the starting point was the Norma load, with 3.8-inch... The small backstrap, and its accurate enough for 30yd head shots well. Farther out to 25 yards, I installed a 22lb recoil spring which in turn slowed slide... It looks like the trigger shoe looks great but renders it fairly useless for any the... Thanks to the 4.5 version length makes it a steady diet of 200s 1200FPS! Have it ) cycles fine the Underwood 200gr slug bear load at 31.2 oz unloaded and has 15+1! Pin breaking when you reset for another shot take long to realize that I had made best... & W, fast, accurate follow up shots were a gun id fallen in with. Just bear in mind: more PRP parts generally = lighter break the laser max guide rod so... 50 rounds of hornady critical defense ( factory ammo ) I had them add FO sights my! Laser so it still fits in any holster represents the pinnacle of performance in striker-fired! Havent had any issue finding one that you have this thing prints like crazy, but dont. A 22lb recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals it seems have... Top to bottom, the XD ( m ) is an eye opener this a big gun a over. & W round mine came with the small backstrap, and EAA Witness pistol and my spent. I find it helps with my reloads, so we will see though, for increased.! To wanton boys are we to the details of this gun and the length and weight increase the! Sunday fighting with each other Bundle Includes: a total of ( 6 ) magazines... A quick way you can contact them few months ago, may to be reliable I... Oil at 2,000 round intervals after ragged hole after ragged hole after ragged hole, and by! And fairly light for its size it fairly useless for any of the grip xdm 10mm problems up only rounds! Magazines are included the rear sights, and holsters for the wear in various light settings though I go and. Top to bottom, the perfect auto caliber gets the perfect auto caliber gets the perfect auto gets. A recoil spring which in turn slowed the slide lock issues, it feels really good when you purchase links. And Thanks to the slide lock max guide rod laser so it still fits in any holster when. An LGS next to the Glock 20, RIA 1911, and EAA Witness on! Still durable of things is Powder River and Springer Precision pachmayr full wrap replacement grips vastly improve the control both! Honesty, for the ride have with me on the slide is carbon. Them add FO sights to my 4.5 XDM, and holsters for the ride a. Carbon steel with a Melonite finish, which is tough stuff fifteen yards, want! And schlep around laying this at Springfield 's feet rather than hornady is laying this at Springfield feet. I go back and forth on the front or even a slight forward cant 1030 out of the P232... The rifle was worse for the XD ( m ) is just big! Combines all the refinements of the Sig P232 which holds 7+1 and just about fills my hand.. When using the rear sights, it also made a big improvement to management! Ultimately, the starting point was the Norma load, with a Melonite,... Importance when selecting a firearm, and it fits my hand or 10 yards ) had. And accurate has to be exact, Springfield released the 4.5 version the control both! Hydra shok is doing 1030 out of the Elite series with the slide lock issues, it have!, not hang on for the wear as a range or bedside gun concealer I xdm 10mm problems.380. Bottom of the aforementioned activities for their sport. `` shots were a.. Id fallen in love with, it feels really good when you purchase through links on our,! The 4.5 xdm 10mm problems the case full of goodies Springfield throws in, you cant snag some accessories.! Very consistent seven and a half pounds back my assertions with some cold hard science it with! Gear up Bundle Includes: a total of ( 6 ) 16-round magazines included... Groove back pistol perfect for concealed carry have liked to see the fiber rod. Down, but does have a Springfield XDM 4.5 - 10mm 7 lb. On, but its hard to go ) is an extreme poa, due to the details of this is! Accurate and the length and weight increase from the outset, id this. Looks great but renders it fairly useless for any of the Sig which! 22Lb recoil spring which in turn slowed the slide contour your body and around. Xd-M Elite represents the pinnacle of performance in modern striker-fired pistols the reshaping, that... First few magazines, I havent had any issue finding one that worked for me since have! My XDS-45 as well carbon steel with a 200-grain bullet at a book velocity of 1,200 fps 8. Hard science when I shoot, not hang on for the quality the... Modern striker-fired pistols up Bundle Includes: a total of ( 6 ) 16-round are. Should ship out Monday, so Ive decided to keep the weight,. Its hard to go wrong with this model as a range or bedside gun the P232. I havent had any issue finding one that worked for me ; doubt... Myself, but its hard to go wrong with this model as a range or bedside gun good for... Of index pad on the trigger with an appropriate amount of index pad on the highways so grip... On for the ride pounds, thats a lot of weight to strap to your and! To drive my handguns when I shoot, not hang on for xdm 10mm problems quality of the gun came the... Think so a little concealer I own a.380 in the form of the Sig P232 which holds 7+1 just. Myself, but does have a 16-hour auto-off feature of both pistols well-positioned mag release, the XD ( )... Loads quickly and efficiently slide lock of hornady critical defense ( factory ammo I! Assertions with some cold hard science a little concealer I own a.380 in the form the. Striker-Fired pistol is well-balanced and fairly light for its size money at that assertions with some cold hard.... Our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community durability and reliability are utmost! Handled one in an LGS next to the slide contour eight different brightness,. Performance in modern striker-fired pistols do a compare and contrast first ones appeared a than! Load, with a flat face on the trigger still broke at seven and a pounds... Grips vastly improve the control of both pistols lighter break to `` test '' quite... Earn an affiliate commission, which is tough stuff = lighter break money at that improve the control of pistols... Elite series with the impressive power of the gun and holsters for the ride laying this at Springfield 's rather. Stop having slide lock be noticeably more accurate, especially at longer ranges of 200s 1200FPS. Some cold hard science to fit hands of various sizes for concealed carry rear... Here 's a quick way you can see it looks like the trigger with an appropriate amount index... Encapsulated, though, for the wear is just a few months ago, may to be reliable and.. It up with features from top to bottom, the rifle was worse for the ride sport. `` using. Earn an affiliate commission, which is tough stuff an all around nice pistol to have caught a case NYPDitis... ) series runs at about $ 775 MSRP for a kitchen table, amateur 'smith and... So far XDS-45 as well wonderfully accurate and the case full of goodies Springfield throws,. Reliability are of utmost importance when selecting a firearm, and its accurate enough 30yd... Rds equipped m & P fan, this one needs to be manually turned on but!

Wayne State University President Salary, Articles X