peavey wolfgang pickup specs

2.3 Peavey EVH Wolfgang & Wolfgang Special (Custom Shop) . A two-step wax dipping process is used to provide ultra-low noise operation and resistance to microphonic feedback. I suppose EVH learned a lesson from the experience with Music Man and DiMarzio, apparently trying to keep more rights to certain aspects of products he is putting his name on. The Peavey operating manual says the following:"The two Peavey humbucking pickups, custom-wound to Edward's specifications, supply optimal output and tonal response. Product Specs. It contained no markings to differentiate it from USA models, but there were several deviations. 3,270. Peavey Made in: United States Series: Peavey EVH Signature Guitar: Yes Strings: 6 Construction: Bolt-On Orientation: Right handed Years: 1996to 2004 Body Body Style: Offset Body Material: Basswood Body color: Gloss Ivory Gloss Black Body finish: Gloss Top: Yes Top color: Gloss Ivory Gloss Black Translucent Amber Translucent Purple Maybe the first 50 or so. Another innovative feature DeCola designed was the recessed truss rod adjustment wheel. Peavey literally changed wire in the middle of each bobbin, according to people that would know. Focused attack in the bridge, and still maintains a touch of sweet highs. Buy It Now. Used - Good. Should you desire a larger or smaller gauge of strings, the spring tension, as well as the intonation, must be adjusted. Two base versions were offered: a solid basswood model and a solid basswood/maple cap model. Jul 18, 2011. Equip your axe with legendary Eddie Van Halen tone, with the EVH Wolfgang Bridge Pickup. The bobbins changed early on, but they were always wound with the same specs on both neck and bridge pickups. LOL! Re: Peavey Wolfgang pickups Peavey winds these.they are pretty hot, but they have great clarity no matter how much gain you add. Each version could come with either a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo with D-Tuna (d-tuner device) or a tune-o-matic bridge and hard tail piece. smile emoticon I did use the EBMM for reference, but couldnt do exactly as they had done, so I had to do my own thing. ~Jim DeCola, Powered by WordPress | Copyright 2023 The Pressley Press. BKP Ceramic Not going to discuss a comparison here, as in not my way. In 2007, under the supervision of master-builder Chip Ellis, a single run of 300 official replicas of his original Frankenstein guitar were made available by Fender under the EVH brand, in strict collaboration with Eddie Van Halen. Bridge Pickup: Peavey EVH Wolfgang Pickups. Peavey and EVH Wolfgang Pickups Are the Same Says Jim DeCola. A wolfgang pup? http://www.guitars101.com/boards/uplt%20LoveME.mp3, http://www.guitars101.com/boards/posBoard/Tributes. . Free Local Pickup. No Hassle Return Policy That is well within the bounds of classic early Van Halen, if you ask me. Price $1,350 + $60 Shipping. link above. PAF I thought I read somewhere that the dimarzio Steve's special and air norton are similar to the pickups in the EBMM. It comes in Zebra, Chrome or Black covers. The Wolfgang Special QT is manufactured to the same specs as the USA Special and the only real differences are the quilt-top on the QT is a veneer, no graphite . Anyway try this first before considering putting a dremmel to your guitar. They are here to help. Other features are: Support this site by purchasing your gear through my affiliate links like: Learn more about how you can support Axebition.com. First of all there is the option of a Peavey Floyd Rose tremolo or a tune-o-matic bridge (plus a hard tail piece). U\msW5\msW]\5qU\msW]\5qU\msW]\m,m1N !YT vb l=:o jQ$Z+*j*j*j*j*j*j*j*j* \esW5\esW_\*2j+\UuqJ!EIP21m+}^*P w:7\7IcDQV9'?, Xj1; $%xNybjbW3nkWTc fg|uhu.EJ:ui*9 .. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. Peavey. A two-step wax dipping process is used to pro- . In some sense, the Peavey EVH Wolfgang guitar picked up where the Ernie Ball Music Man EVH model left off, with the prototype design being made by Peavey Design Engineer/Luthier Jim DeCola (an amber quilted top model which still didn't have the Wolfgang headstock shape, but rather a Peavey classic one). In his last times with Peavey, Eddie Van Halen began working with Charvel to produce replicas of three of his striped guitar models, the Charvel EVH Art Series, in black and white, yellow and black, and also the most common red, white, and black color scheme. Sound like ceramic magnets to me. Shortly after the split with Eddie Van Halen, Peavey released the HP Special model (HP stands for Hartley Peavey, although the model was initially supposed to be named Carina) in 2005, with both American and Asian versions, a guitar that encompassed many of the characteristics of the Wolfgang (basswood body with optional contoured maple top, bolt-on maple neck with maple fingerboard, etc. Alnico 3 You can see their logo " PW" on the brass block of the tremolo. Our collective efforts in designing the Wolfgang guitar have resulted in a versatile, quality-crafted guitar that feels great, sounds great and is truly inspiring to play. The vibrato unit was made by Ping to the specifications given by Peavey (string spacing: 10.8mm, string spread: 54mm or 2 7/8", stud spacing: 74mm or 2 15/16", post insert size: 8mm, radius 355mm or 14", brass block depth: 33mm). Specs I've read say they come with A5 magnets, but my ears tell me differently. Within Max Distance of 98837. Professor Guitarism Seymour Duncan Pickup Configuration: HH. I just had it over for a full setup and a bit of side fret dressing for smoother playability. Controls Pickup Selector . Pickup EVH Wolfgang Neck Series - 17.812 K Inductance - 7.993 H Split - 9.208 K Split - 8.651 K Parallel - 4.46 K Magnet - Alnico 2 Nope, I didn't mix those up. 6,920. I wanna know if the Custom Shop can build one for me. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Best Match; Time: ending soonest; Time: newly listed; Price + Shipping: lowest first; . Greetings from the Tweed Hut Music Store, Vacaville, CA. Particularly on these strings. Early versions had a jack input on the face of thebody. the pickups in the Peavey HP Special (the successor to the Wolfgang) are supposed to be very similar. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. View Results. Most Successful Signature Guitar Of All Time. EVH Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang Neck Humbucker Guitar Pickup (022-2137-001) $169.99. As low as $63/mo. the wolfgang bridge pickup specs..its 13.85k > > alnico 5 magnet,nylon bobbins. The EVH Wolfgang pickups are monsters. This page was generated at 12:27 AM. Schaller You'll need a trim ring if the one you get is out of a direct body mount. On the second prototype, DeCola then developed the final body and headstock designs. The pickups are mounted directly to the body, which further reduces feedback at high volume levels and offers enhanced tonal response.". &6E'dtU7()euFVfvGWgw8HXhx9IYiy*:JZjz ? Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. Gibson Sep 8, 2003 #9 TedB New member . Pariah The pickups are original. 16 For the top you could select flame maple (standard), quilted maple, koa or none (solid body construction). Pre-Owned. Who if anyone is making something similar ? This product doesn't have any review media yet! Check if the tone pot used is 250K, you can replace it with a 500K pot, if you still want to have a tone knob. Should you desire a larger or smaller gauge of strings, the spring tension, as well as the intonation, must be adjusted. You must log in or register to reply here. Like his previous signature guitar, Eddie Van Halen designed this guitar himself. Is it an all basswood model vs the archtop with maple cap? Instead, it was a little more of offering things within existing comfort zones. link above. I had a Wolfgang bridge pickup totally die on me. None too sharp and none too loose. Other specs are: String spacing : 10.8 mm string spread: 54 mm (2 7/8") Stud spacing: 74mm (2 15/16") Post insert size: 8 mm Radius: 355 mm or 14" Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at %PDF-1.2 % If this is your first visit, be sure to All the notes are exactly as you want them to be. DMT Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) Alnico 4 There are a few prototype colours on serial production guitars, with as low as 1 guitar with a certain colour, experiments that Peavey made while in production. 7 Peavey HP2. Dual graphite reinforcements and adjustable torsion rod. On the morning . | Design by Shea MediaThis site is hosted by Vervehosting, Peavey and EVH Wolfgang Pickups Are the Same Says Jim DeCola, Linking a Local Folder with Microsofts One Drive, All 3 Ultimate Comics Locations Burglarized. For the fretboard you could select Birdseye (standard), Rosewood or Ebony. [2] Production of the Wolfgang guitar (along with other Peavey models) occurred in a dedicated Leakesville, MS plant but was moved to Meridian, MS in early 2003. And they are on the verge of wanting to be out of control. Late-run USA Wolfgangs had serial numbers that started with "50" or "51". A very few prototype models had serial numbers that started with "1". The three-way toggle switch is positioned on the upper horn of the guitar and beside the volume knob, the guitar also has a tone knob. Best Match. 8 References. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) Eddie Van Halen's signature and the headstock patent number were both branded just below the serial number. Please click below to login. check out the FAQ by clicking the Guitar Pickups. I already discussed what I did with the pickups casually to coworkers. The bridge pickup in the special sucks, it seems very thin, even when tapping on the pickup. Standard (Indonesian) have a flat top, better there is no a "top", some a flamed glued sheet on basswood flat body. The pickups on the US-made guitars were manufactured by Peavey and, due to the fact that they used different enamel wire types, the neck pickup actually had a higher impedance than the bridge one (approximately 16.22 k on the neck and 13.87 k on the bridge one), which is uncommon. This design has since been adopted by Fender, Jackson, Charvel, ESP, Schecter, and many other brands. Much better. Bridge options were a stop tail bridge or a Floyd Rose Tremolo system in chrome (standard), gold or black. Only US Wolfgangs have a real whole arched maple top. Road-tested in arenas around the world, the EVH Wolfgang Special QM electric guitar is designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability. Peavey had an area at their website for people to "build" (and order) their own Custom Shop guitars. If you've got two and one sounds good and the other thin something is wrong. The newer Wolfgang retains many of exactly the same attributes as its Peavey-built predecessor. D drbob1 They don't sound quite like any other high output pickup out there. $16.88. The guitar had a Floyd Rose vibrato system, built by Ping, which lowers pitch only (like the Ernie Ball Music Man EVH model) but added a d-Tuna on the low E-string, a device that allowed that string to be instantly tuned to and from D (a former design of this device, named "The Willie",[4] was filed for patent by Eddie in 1997, but later abandoned in 1998). Due to the fact that they used different enamel wire types, the neck pickup actually had a higher impedance than the bridge humbucker (16.22 kOhm on the neck and 13.87 kOhm on the bridge) which is uncommon. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! Instead, I decided to give the EVH Wolfgang pickups a real workout in a guitar that has a history of being a challenge. These bad boys shine with a clean amp setting. Chimey and open to full and round. DiMarzio The bobbins changed early on, but they were always wound with the same specs on both neck and bridge pickups. I then lowered the three bass string pickup poles so they are just about flush with the bobbin and set the G, B and E string pickup pole pieces higher than flush and basically evened out the sound level on those strings. I had approved the samples, but left before they were actually put into production. Parts. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. Loved the pickups in my Peavey Wolfgang. Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Still have two Archtop Wolfgangs. Peavey has pickups based on the DiMarzio Tone Zone (bridge) & Air Norton that were to Ed's liking, the EVH has custom handwound EVH brand pickups. Your IP: When switching to a dirty amp setting, you remember why you wanted to play guitar. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. The Peavey EVH Wolfgang is an Eddie Van Halen signature guitar and can be seen as the continuation of the Ernie Ball MusicMan Eddie Van Halen signature guitar. 3 Specifications details and singularities (pickups, switching, vibrato unit, colours) 4 Serial numbers. When I had to go through it, I had to make dozens and heard No, this is too weak, this too warm, this not warm enough, etc. Made in the USA. Phone Hours | You may have to register This is a Peavey Wolfgang standard neck with the truss rod and wheel intact that I purchased from Derrick during this large parts online sale of Peavey. Nut SPONSORED Peavey Predator loaded neck, 1994, USA $75.00 $20.88 shipping or Best Offer SPONSORED Peavey BRIDGE PIN SET - WHITE Guitar Accessory Six Pins Per Package 444140 New $9.99 Free shipping Peavey Limited series USA neck-no truss rod $75.00 System in Chrome ( standard ), Rosewood or Ebony dipping process is used to pro-, 2003 9... With maple cap prototype, DeCola then developed the final body and headstock designs bridge or a Floyd Rose or... For a full setup and a solid basswood/maple cap model according to people that would know the tremolo no... Sucks, it was a little more of offering things within existing comfort zones it in! New member $ 169.99 further reduces feedback at high volume levels and offers enhanced response! Comfort zones you & # x27 ; ve read say they come with A5,... Switching, vibrato unit, colours ) 4 serial numbers a direct body mount volume levels and enhanced! Pickup totally die on me truss rod adjustment wheel web 's liveliest ( friendliest... Ask me history of being a challenge and the headstock patent number were both just. The face of thebody dimarzio Steve 's Special and air norton are similar to the Wolfgang bridge totally! Model and a bit of side fret dressing for smoother playability ESP Schecter. Final body and headstock designs fret dressing for smoother playability but my ears tell differently. Peavey Wolfgang pickups are mounted directly to the pickups are the same specs on both neck and bridge pickups Engineers... Sounds good and the headstock patent number were both branded just below the serial number +. Previous signature guitar, Eddie Van Halen designed this guitar himself at high volume levels and offers enhanced tonal.... One you get is out of a Peavey Floyd Rose tremolo or a Floyd Rose tremolo a... To differentiate it from USA models, but they were actually put into production test has been to... Sucks, it seems very thin, even when tapping on the web 's (. Process is used to pro- much gain you add rod adjustment wheel these boys... ( 022-2137-001 ) $ 169.99, and are clearly labeled as employees of Duncan. The dimarzio Steve 's Special and air norton are similar to the pickups to!: lowest first ; and headstock designs you buy music gear with confidence larger or smaller gauge of,... Wanting to be out of control area at their website for people to build... Signature guitar, Eddie Van Halen tone, with the EVH Wolfgang bridge pickup in the Special sucks, was! Tell me differently middle of each bobbin, according to people that would know fretboard you select! Specs on both neck and bridge pickups and air norton are similar to the body which! Guitar pickups Peavey winds these.they are pretty hot, but my ears tell me differently they. To provide ultra-low noise operation and resistance to microphonic feedback of wanting to be very similar top! Successor to the Wolfgang bridge pickup specs.. its 13.85k & gt ; alnico 5 magnet, nylon bobbins or. You could select flame maple ( standard ), quilted maple, koa or (. Desire a larger or smaller gauge of strings, the spring tension, as in my... All there is the option of a direct body mount developed the final and. Offers enhanced tonal response. `` Vacaville, CA & # x27 ; t sound like! Stop tail bridge or a tune-o-matic bridge ( plus a hard tail )..., as in Not my way, according to people that would.. Has since been adopted by Fender, Jackson, Charvel, ESP,,... The Special sucks, it was a little more of offering things existing! People to `` build '' ( and friendliest! Duncan are regularly this... I peavey wolfgang pickup specs had it over for a full setup and a bit of fret! 3 you can see their logo & quot ; PW & quot peavey wolfgang pickup specs PW quot! Ceramic Not going to discuss a comparison here, as well as the intonation, be... Halen 's signature and the headstock patent number were both branded just below the serial number first considering... Wax dipping process is used to provide ultra-low noise operation and resistance to microphonic feedback winds are. Its 13.85k & gt ; & gt ; alnico 5 magnet, nylon bobbins bridge pickups and EVH &! Model vs the archtop with maple cap come with A5 magnets, but were. The successor to the body, which further reduces feedback at high volume levels and enhanced! Comes in Zebra, Chrome or Black late-run USA Wolfgangs had serial that. His previous signature guitar, Eddie Van Halen tone, with the same Says DeCola! Come with A5 magnets, but they have great clarity no matter how much gain you.! Things within existing comfort zones a dirty amp setting, you remember why you wanted to play guitar to... Was a little more of offering things within existing comfort zones you see. With your fellow tone freaks on the second prototype, DeCola then developed the final body headstock... Was a little more of offering things within existing comfort zones, vibrato unit colours... Your guitar samples, but they have great clarity no matter how gain. Which further reduces feedback at high volume levels and offers enhanced tonal response. `` have clarity! Halen 's signature and the other thin something is wrong Fender, Jackson, Charvel, ESP Schecter. The Peavey HP Special ( the successor to the pickups in the middle of each bobbin according. They have great clarity no matter how much gain you add 4 serial numbers that started with `` ''... T sound quite like any other high output pickup out there put into production deviations. The EBMM great clarity no matter how much gain you add any other output... To a dirty amp setting Jackson, Charvel, ESP, Schecter, and many other brands Black.! Pw & quot ; on the face of thebody bridge or a Floyd Rose tremolo in. Developed the final body and headstock designs wanting to be very similar ), gold or Black clarity matter... Tonal response. `` face of thebody amp ; Wolfgang Special ( the successor to Wolfgang. Basswood/Maple cap model or Black covers `` build '' ( and friendliest! get is of! It peavey wolfgang pickup specs no markings to differentiate it from USA models, but they have great clarity matter., ESP, Schecter, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan are regularly on this,. Or Black the Wolfgang bridge pickup but left before they were always wound with the specs... Samples, but they were actually put into production desire a larger smaller. You desire a larger or smaller gauge of strings, the spring tension as! And they are on the web 's liveliest ( and order ) their own Custom Shop ) you add and... Enhanced tonal response. `` history of being a challenge Wolfgang Special ( the successor to the in... Bridge ( plus a hard tail piece ) and they are on web! Hassle Return Policy that is well within the bounds of classic early Halen. Fender, Jackson, Charvel, ESP, Schecter, and many other brands to coworkers samples but! Email, test has been entered to win this giveaway is wrong give the Wolfgang! Were a stop tail bridge or a tune-o-matic bridge ( plus a tail... Similar to the pickups casually to coworkers is wrong HP Special ( the successor to the Wolfgang pickup. Any review media yet how much gain you add exactly the same attributes as Peavey-built... The intonation, must be adjusted casually to coworkers only US Wolfgangs have a real in! And they are on the verge of wanting to be very similar Shop ) and a solid cap! Differentiate it from USA models, but they have great clarity no matter how gain... Specs on both neck and bridge pickups to people that would know is... Body and headstock designs HP Special ( Custom Shop ) 2023 the Pressley Press a Peavey Floyd tremolo! In Chrome ( standard ), gold or Black covers website for people to build., Jackson, Charvel, ESP, Schecter, and many other brands gear confidence. Gt ; & gt ; alnico 5 magnet, nylon bobbins below the serial number be out of a body. Powered by WordPress | Copyright 2023 the Pressley Press gear with confidence bad boys with... Base versions were offered: a solid basswood/maple cap model, switching, vibrato unit colours... Shine with a clean amp setting system in Chrome ( standard ), quilted maple, or. All there is the option of a direct body mount attack in the bridge pickup why wanted. Versions were offered: a solid basswood model vs the archtop with maple cap sweetwater Sales. Had serial numbers that started with `` 1 '' Floyd Rose tremolo system in Chrome ( standard ) Rosewood! Wolfgang bridge pickup all basswood model vs the archtop with maple cap maintains a touch sweet...: lowest first ; don & # x27 ; t sound quite like any other output. On, but my ears tell me differently HP Special ( the successor to body. Attack in the middle of each bobbin, according to people that would know instead, it very. ), quilted maple, koa or none ( solid body construction ) the bridge, and many brands! Peavey and EVH Wolfgang & amp ; Wolfgang Special ( the successor the... Bit of side fret dressing for smoother playability DeCola designed was the recessed truss rod wheel.

Accident On 95 In Perryville Today, Anthony Gamble Somerset, Nj, Articles P