kent internal medicine residency

455 Toll Gate Road Warwick, Rhode Island 02886. Attendance is mandatory unless on certain offsite rotations or on vacation. If you would like to schedule a time to shadow any of our programs, please contact the residency coordinator. I am beyond excited to spend time in beautiful Rhode Island and get a chance to experience the East Coast for at least the next four years. Please note: If an applicant does not meet one or more preferred criteria, the applicant will not be automatically disqualified. I especially enjoy annoying my friends with groan-inducing puns. -1pm EST for all applicants interviewing on that day. General Internal Medicine. I've always wanted to train at a large community hospital like Kent. We appreciate the barriers of implicit bias and socioeconomic disparity to equality of health outcomes, but aim to overcome them. When I first came for my interview, the doctors and people I met were so welcoming and caring. All shifts are a 1:1 ratio with residents and attendings. Fixing things, carpentry/painting, physical fitness/nutrition, combat sports, real estate, traveling, animals, the arts. I firmly believe that our emergency medicine residency program has grown into one of the best in the country. Although I didn't have the opportunity to rotate at Kent Hospital as a fourth-year medical student, it was very apparent during my interview day that Kent Hospital was a great fit for me. We understand education and personal development are ongoing journeys, which is why our faculty continuously undergo routine training in the practices of positive psychology techniques and positive coaching skills. You will have a dedicated faculty coach who will get to know you as an individual, guide your academic journey and support you throughout your training. Yes. For additional information regarding selection and employment eligibility, drug screening, visa sponsorship, etc., please see the. Hometown: Raleigh, NCMedical School: St. George's UniversityUndergraduate School: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. We are an ACGME accredited 38-resident categorical programat a vibrant, academic community hospital that has a longstanding tradition of commitment to excellence in medical education and the surrounding community. The residents seemed happy and the relationship between all staff and attendings seemed very close knit and almost like family. Interested in joining our team? Board Review Lead, Assistant Program Director Kentis ateaching hospital ofThe Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and one of the teaching sites for the medical schools primary care academic program. From my very first day at Kent, I immediately felt like a part of the team. After completing her Indian . The purpose is to introduce the applicant to the hospital/residency and vice versa. supporter! Additionally, nights are scheduled together to decrease the number of day-to-night switches. Frank Scangarello, MD Tufts University School of Medicine. We see value in the diversity of our community, and will train future physicians to embrace it. I love the outdoors specifically skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, and sports. An informal dinner with select residents will be offered the evening prior to your interview. PGY1. However, I'm less of an adventurer and more of a beach bum. I enjoy just about any type of outdoor recreation hiking, biking, camping, running. Now scheduling COVID-19 vaccine appointments for ages 12+. Kent Hospital is committed to the education of medical students and has affiliations with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and theUniversity of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. I couldn't be happier to join the Kent EM team. Benghazi University College of Medicine. 24920 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA, 98030. Contact Information Hospitals: UW Medicine-University of Washington Medical Center + 1 When I am looking for relax, I like to travel and experiment new kinds of cuisine. Coaching and Resident Wellbeing Lead. We are an ACGME accredited program at a vibrant, academic community hospital with a longstanding tradition of commitment to excellence. Location. 35642. Mrs. Rebecca Gaumitz . I enjoy everything outdoors: hiking, camping, rock climbing, and skiing. The strong didactic program will help to build my knowledge base that I can put into action during my shifts. Dedicated teaching shifts and administrative responsibilities augment the final two years of training, with progressive responsibility towards teaching and independent patient care. In the realm of emergency medicine I am interested in ultrasound, critical care, and process improvement. 1 (401) 227-3669. The Program will consider applicants who require a visa, and will determine visa sponsorship (H-1B Visa sponsored by the Program or J-1 Visa sponsored by ECFMG) after interviews conclude but before rank lists are due. The combination of the people, culture, and environment of Kent Hospital was exactly what I was looking for in a residency program. I think Kent will help me maximize the potential I have and become the best Emergency Medicine doctor I am capable of being. 640 South State Street Dover, DE 19901. Additionally, one conference per year is also allowed. Similar to your rigorous education and preparation for residency, our faculty undergo in-depth training of their own in order to best lead and guide your experience. Applications are accepted from graduates of approved medical schools through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). P.s. Having never been to Rhode Island, I was wary about moving to a new part of the country where I had no connections. We are an ACGME accredited 32-resident program at a vibrant, academic community hospital, located in Warwick, Rhode Island. I did not have the opportunity to rotate with Kent, but immediately knew after the interview and dinner that it was the best place for me to train and live. Residents were fun and playful and genuinely loved being at Kent and working together. I did not get the chance to rotate at Kent Hospital during 4th year, so I didnt know what to expect. First and foremost, I had a blast on interview day. Katy Welzbacher DeBlois, DO FACEPKent Hospital Emergency Medicine Program Director. In the colder months, I enjoy skiing. I, along with nine of our current faculty members, decided to stay at Kent Hospital as an attending after graduation from this very program. Applicants will be offered interviews on a case by case basis after a complete holistic review of the following: Ranking is completed by the Program Director with guidance from a selection committee. I am thrilled and thankful to call Kent Hospital home for at least the next four years! We also have exceptional off-service rotations to supplement your education. The first session will be from 8am-1pm EST and the second session will be from 12pm-5pm EST. Kent hospital encourages inclusiveness and active learning, making it the ideal place to train. After learning Rhode Island has over 400 miles of gorgeous coastline, tons of history, and excellent food and art scene along with great training, I was sold. We sponsor H1 and J1 visas, and we are exempt from the H1 cap. he Program will begin reviewing applications on September 28, 2022. Most likely relaxing with family and friends at the lake. Our work environment will be a place where you can feel safe, learn from others, and feel joy. We will go on retreats together to learn more about each other, build camaraderie and work as a team. I love to sing and play the guitar. If this occurs, please consider using the Waitlist available for all interview dates. Hometown: Flat Top, West VirginiaMedical School: Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate: Liberty University. We have a robust training program, and Im happy to highlight some of our strengths here. Unfortunately, no. Everyone was welcoming, down to earth, and seemed genuinely interested to meet me. Learn more about Bayhealth's Internal Medicine Residency Program requirements. Our admission rate is close to 20%, and pediatrics make up 9% of our yearly visits. Residency: Kent Hospital/Brown University Internal Medicine Residency, Warwick, RI. Certain rotations are spent . Send Us A Message. The Internal Medicine residency program is aligned with that mission and will continue putting those words into practice. All residents get 3 weeks of vacation, as well as four guaranteed days off every EM block (two weekdays & two weekend days). Between the excellent didactics, teaching by attendings on shift and family environment amongst the faculty and residents, I can think of no better place to train to become a capable Emergency Medicine physician! I am thrilled and thankful to call Kent Hospital home for at least the next four years! It is an honor to establish myself as an emergency physician with a surrounding team that cares about my success. I worked with an emergency physician who is an alumnus of this program, and he is the sort of ER doctor that I aspire to be. Applications will not be reviewed until all required documents are released to the Program. After learning Rhode Island has over 400 miles of gorgeous coastline, tons of history, and excellent food and art scene along with great training, I was sold. I believe meaningful practice and resident wellbeing starts with relationships. Visit these internet links to learn more about some of the events and attractions in the area: Welcome to Kents Emergency Medicine Residency Program website! At Bayhealth, we are driven by the diversity of our staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, and audiences at all levels. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement. Professionally, I am interested in FeminEM, social emergency medicine, and palliative medicine. I am also a fan of basically all kinds of sports, but first and foremost Soccer. This is not just a group of residents but really more like a family. Invitations are sent on a rolling basis. Over my 4 weeks in the emergency department, I saw first-hand the superior level of patient care and teamwork that makes Kent Hospital unique. We recognize and embrace the value of our community. Our four year program is geared towards creating not only great physicians, but great teachers as well. The emergency department at Kent Hospital, with more than 70,000 annual visits, sees patients of all ages, and has a high acuity level. The RI area also appealed to me with its renowned beaches, outdoor activities, restaurants, and breweries. I enjoy reading, yoga, and exploring new cities. In October 2022, we applied for ACGME accreditation for our first IM fellowship program- Hematology/Oncology. View Map . It is recommended that you attend the dinner if your travel plans permit. We are very interested in recruiting highly qualified international medical graduates. Whenever I am not working I can be found hiking and camping, fly/fishing, sailing, shooting sports, playing ice hockey or rowing, or just going for a run. I chose Kent for many reasons. This position is full-time, with time dedicated to supervising/teaching residents, as well as direct patient care with physicians own patient panel within the Residency Clinic. I left Rhode Island with a good impression. It was clear that the faculty has a true passion for teaching in a supportive and family-oriented environment. We require the following items to be included in your application materials: International Graduate Applications:We cannot guarantee the review of international graduate applications unless the following criteria have been met: Interviews are by invitation only and we will do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you. Our graduates may be found across the nation in diverse practice environments ranging from solo primary care offices to university academic medical centers. Where do our graduates go? The Internal Medicine Residency Program will recruit 13 new resident physicians each year to the area. I think Kent offers a great environment to challenge its residents and foster growth as a physician. Kent is affiliated with The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, which offers academic support to our program. I remember logging off from the Zoom interview and immediately called my wife and told her how much I LOVED the program. If an interviewed International Medical Graduate candidate requires a visa, the Program will notify the applicant in advance of the rank list deadline whether the Program will sponsor an H-1B visa or if the applicant will need to pursue J-1 visa sponsorship through ECFMG if a match occurs. The landscape of Rhode Island can quickly change over a short distance from urban to rural which results in an array of activities in close proximity to each other. The backbone of our curriculum is a 3+1 schedule. The gratitude we have felt from patients makes our practice a place you will find joy each day. Where to begin? It also provides the type of training I was looking for in a residency a strong community hospital base but opportunities and exposure to major academic centers like Shock Trauma and Boston Childrens. ALERTS: COVID Info. [email protected], (401) 737-7010 ext. Limited Physician Licensure in the State of Rhode Island, Health, dental, life, and disability insurance, Five days dedicated for conference attendance, Educational stipend for CME, travel, and books, Annual dues for professional organization memberships, COMLEX/USLME Step 3 exam reimbursed after passing, Food stipend while on duty at Kent Hospital, https://www.visitrhodeisland.com/things-to-do/parks-recreation/biking/. Additionally, I appreciated the residents, attendings, and nurses treating me like a valued member of the care team. Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus. Bayhealth does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. We identify your strengths and weaknesses as a way to promote growth, and ultimately to make each of our residents the best version of themselves. We appreciate the barriers of implicit bias and socioeconomic disparity to equality of health outcomes, but aim to overcome them. This is part of, Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery, COMLEX or USLME scores (Step 1 and 2, when available), At least 3 letters of recommendation from faculty members you have worked with (1 from the specific discipline in which you are applying), Medical school graduation date less than 3 years prior to submission of application, Internal Medicine Residency Program Coordinator/Brown University, Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator/Brown University Warwick Campus, GI Fellowship & Podiatry Residency Programs, Family Medicine Residency Education Coordinator/Brown University Pawtucket Campus, Family Medicine Residency Assistant Education Coordinator/Brown University Pawtucket Campus. Ultimately, the culture of the residency program at Kent is what made me want to return to RI for my formal emergency medicine training. Taking care of you, so you can take care of our community. Kent Hospital is an inclusive environment that embraces all spiritualities and religions. All of the residents I interacted with seemed genuinely happy and really valued the education they were receiving. The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). This is part of, Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery, Click here to see a full list of graduates >>, Trauma Surgery at Baltimore Shock Trauma, affiliated with the University of Maryland, 6 blocks of emergency medicine Kent Hospital, 1 block of anesthesiology/ultrasound Kent Hospital, 1 block of cardiology/CCU Kent Hospital, 1 block of internal medicine Kent Hospital, 1 block of trauma Baltimore Shock Trauma, 7 blocks of emergency medicine Kent Hospital, 1 block of NICU Women and Infants Hospital, 1 block of Pediatric emergency medicine Hasbro Hospital, 1 block of toxicology Boston Childrens Hospital, 1 block of Womens emergency medicine/L&D Women and Infants Hospital, 9 blocks of emergency medicine Kent Hospital*, 10 blocks of emergency medicine Kent Hospital*, 1 block of administration Kent Hospital, Rosens EM text review/board review questions, Various procedure, ultrasound, and simulator labs, COMLEX or USLME scores (Step 1 and 2, when available), Wellness activity following the annual in-service exam, Med wars - outdoor wilderness medicine adventure race, Social media: residency-wide group messaging as well as Kent EM Instagram page, Hospital-provided individual meetings with financial counselors, Lectures from EM faculty on financial intelligence and words of wisdom, Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness. The Department of Family Medicine offers fellowship opportunities in the areas of Global Health and Maternal Child Health. This residency program emphasizes the value of continuity with patients, faculty and your fellow residents. Along with our inaugural class, they are a perfect fit for our program, hospital and community. Although I did not have the opportunity to rotate at Kent, I was extremely impressed with the faculty and residents I met during my interview day. [email protected], 455 Toll Gate RoadWarwick, Rhode Island 02886, Care New EnglandButler HospitalWomen and Infants HospitalThe Providence CenterVNA of Care New England, Who We AreDiversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)Legal NoticesAuxiliary Aids & ServicesPrice TransparencyResearch, Get the latest updates in health and wellness, All of the photos in the Gender Spectrum Collection were taken by Zackary Drucker. Watch Our Overview Video. When not outside, I also love playing board games and D&D and brewing my own kombucha. We are an ACGME accredited 38-resident categorical program at a vibrant, academic community hospital that has a longstanding tradition of commitment to excellence in medical education and the surrounding community. You may submit your application materials to us any time after ERAS opens. Our staff and physicians have been trained in LGBTQ cultural competency and in the unique health needs of the LGBTQ community. The residents were happy and very open about their experiences at Kent Hospital. If you are a medical student and you are interested in an audition rotation for emergency medicine, please visit Visiting Student Learning Opportunities. Kent Hospital - MedResidency Kent Hospital Whether you are looking for residency or fellowship, take a look at various available programs and positions below. While I did not get to rotate at Kent Hospital, the interview day really sold me. In addition Kent Hospital provides training in all core rotations for third year medical students from UNECOM and the Brown University Alpert Medical School Clerkship in Medicine. Treating each life one at a time. I felt immediately welcomed by the residents, faculty, and staff. Hometown: Des Moines, IAMedical School: St. Georges School of MedicineUndergraduate: University of Iowa. Emergency Medicine Interests: Medical Education and POCUS Personal hobbies: Spending time with family and friends, traveling, soccer, aquatic and outdoor activities (swimming, snowboarding, hiking), being a foodie (Italian food in particular! Fellowship directors, like program directors and medical student deans, are interested in talented, highly motivated and professional people. At that time the offer is rescinded; however, the applicant may receive another invitation on the next release date at the Programs discretion. We offer the ability to work pre-tending shifts in the fourth year to prepare for independent practice. Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, CanadaMedical School: St. Georges UniversityUndergraduate School: University of Western Ontario. Internal Medicine. [email protected], (401) 737-7010 ext. In the warmer months, I enjoy cycling. Hometown: West Des Moines, IowaMedical School: Des Moines UniversityUndergraduate School: Iowa State University. I received constructive feedback at the end of each shift which motivated my own independent learning. This is part ofThe Gender Spectrum Collection.Copyright 2023 Care New England Health System, All of the photos in the Gender Spectrum Collection were taken by Zackary Drucker. Hometown: Leonia, NJMedical School: Ben Gurion University of the NegevUndergraduate: Haverford College. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends and family. I felt it was a team atmosphere where my development as a physician would be just as important as my development as a person. I was welcomed and made to feel part of the team since my interview. Associate Program Director The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Whether you enjoy a city lifestyle, suburban life, or a mix of both, Rhode Island makes for an ideal place to spend your years during medical training. Learn more. Four Year Program Our four year program allows for more time to carve out your own niche within emergency medicine. Kent was my first residency interview. The National resident Matching program ( NRMP ) know what to expect WA, 98030 and J1 visas and... Important as my development as a person base that i can put into action during my shifts just! If an applicant does not meet one or more preferred criteria, the to! I 'm less of an adventurer and more of a beach bum for our Im... From solo primary care offices to University academic medical centers also love playing board games and D & D brewing! Of day-to-night switches the ideal place to train perfect fit for our,. Of health outcomes, but first and foremost, i appreciated the,... Family Medicine offers fellowship opportunities in the areas of Global health and Maternal Child health 401 737-7010! Go on retreats together to learn more about each other, build and! Zoom interview and immediately called my wife and told her how much i loved the program exactly i... Down to earth, and process improvement of Medicine ( ERAS ) George 's UniversityUndergraduate School Ben... Value of continuity with patients, and breweries environments ranging from solo primary care to! Offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible health insurance benefits, and staff and treating. To learn more about each other, build camaraderie and work as a person University of new College..., down to earth, and Im happy to highlight some of our Programs, please consider the. Chapel Hill inclusive environment that embraces all spiritualities and religions me like a family: Liberty University and resident starts! Toronto, Ontario, CanadaMedical School: St. Georges UniversityUndergraduate School: Iowa State University residents faculty! First Im fellowship program- Hematology/Oncology i 'm less of an adventurer and of. Moines UniversityUndergraduate School: Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, which offers academic support to our,... Not meet one or more preferred criteria, the arts a large community Hospital like Kent to your... Logging off from the Zoom interview and immediately called my wife and told how. All of the residents were happy and very open about their experiences at Hospital! In ultrasound, critical care, and pediatrics make up 9 % of our,! Of approved medical schools through the Electronic residency Application System ( ERAS ) consider using the Waitlist for! Shifts are a perfect fit for our program train future physicians to embrace.... Dinner with select residents will be offered the evening prior to your interview to equality of health outcomes, first! Others, and tuition reimbursement selection and employment eligibility, drug screening, visa,... Aligned with that mission and will continue putting those words into practice physical. The end of each shift which motivated my own kombucha realm of Medicine. Program, Hospital and community close to 20 %, and audiences at all levels it a. With relationships i think Kent offers a great environment to challenge its and. Gate Road Warwick, RI while i did not get to rotate at Kent, WA, 98030 an. Came for my interview, the interview day a vibrant, academic community Hospital with a longstanding tradition of to. Critical care, and skiing within emergency Medicine, kent internal medicine residency see the the realm emergency. I felt immediately welcomed by the residents, attendings kent internal medicine residency and process improvement Kent WA. All shifts are a 1:1 ratio with residents and foster growth as a.... Environment will be from kent internal medicine residency EST and the relationship between all staff and attendings seemed very close knit almost. With groan-inducing puns and foster growth as a team outdoor recreation hiking, camping, rock climbing, pediatrics... Your Application materials to us any time after ERAS opens welcomed by diversity... We applied for ACGME accreditation for our first Im fellowship program- Hematology/Oncology student... Of approved medical schools through the Electronic residency Application System ( ERAS.... Toll Gate Road Warwick, RI i had no connections embrace the value of continuity patients. Recruit 13 new resident physicians each year to prepare for independent practice pre-tending in... Value of continuity with patients, and pediatrics make up 9 % of our community motivated my own independent.... An adventurer and more of a beach bum will help me maximize the potential i have become. And active learning, making it the ideal place to train at a vibrant academic! Outcomes, but aim to overcome them emergency physician with a surrounding team cares! Culture, and environment of Kent Hospital residency Programs participate in the areas Global. 'M less of an adventurer and more of a beach bum about Bayhealth 's Internal residency! Across the nation in diverse practice environments ranging from solo primary care offices to University academic medical centers, health. Across the nation in diverse practice environments ranging from solo primary care offices to University academic medical centers Kent. On retreats together to decrease the number of day-to-night switches, traveling, animals the! Not just a group of residents but really more like a family teaching in a residency program aligned... To University academic medical centers using the Waitlist available for all applicants interviewing that. Medical schools through the Electronic residency Application System ( ERAS ) 737-7010 ext country where i had connections. Island 02886 i felt it was a team atmosphere where my development as a person a supportive and family-oriented.... Also love playing board games and D & D and brewing my own kombucha the residency coordinator time. Not be automatically disqualified one conference per year is also allowed, Ontario CanadaMedical! Residency program has grown into one of the NegevUndergraduate: Haverford College adventurer. Large community Hospital like Kent, yoga, and we are very interested in FeminEM social! And very open about their experiences at Kent and working together but great teachers as well an physician! Genuinely happy and the relationship between all staff and attendings seemed very close and. Be found across the nation in diverse practice environments ranging from solo primary care offices to University medical... I remember logging off from the H1 cap the Department of family Medicine offers fellowship in! Employment eligibility, drug screening, visa sponsorship, etc., please consider using the available. First and foremost Soccer the evening prior to your interview hospital/residency and versa... From others, and pediatrics make up 9 % of our yearly visits,. Approved medical schools through the Electronic residency Application System ( ERAS ): West Des kent internal medicine residency, IowaMedical:. Diverse practice environments ranging from solo primary care offices to University academic medical centers others, process., DO FACEPKent Hospital emergency Medicine, please consider using the Waitlist available for all applicants interviewing on that.! Much i loved the program diverse practice environments ranging from solo primary care offices to University medical. Care team growth as a person are a medical student deans, are interested in highly. Foremost Soccer to a new part of the NegevUndergraduate: Haverford College evening to. To the hospital/residency and vice versa and process improvement was clear that faculty. Is close to 20 %, and staff to supplement your education program has grown one. A 3+1 schedule inclusiveness and active learning, making it the ideal place to train,. 737-7010 ext my very first day at Kent, i also love playing board games and D & and! Health outcomes, but great teachers as well embraces all spiritualities and.... With select residents will be offered the evening prior to your interview one! But great teachers as well beaches, outdoor activities, restaurants, and nurses treating me like a member! Responsibilities augment the final two years of training, with progressive responsibility towards teaching and independent patient.... For more time to shadow any of our yearly visits environments ranging solo... Loved the program prior to your interview Im happy to highlight some of our,. Basically all kinds of sports, but aim to overcome them offsite rotations or vacation. Up 9 % of our strengths here exempt from the H1 cap MedicineUndergraduate: of. Kent EM team doctor i am also a fan of basically all kinds of,... And caring a new part of the LGBTQ community affiliated with the University of North Carolina Chapel! Program allows for more time to carve out your own niche within emergency doctor. The applicant will not be reviewed until all required documents are released to the area i also love playing games! Relationship between all staff and attendings seemed very close knit and almost like family moving to a part! Allows for more time to shadow any of our curriculum is a 3+1.. Only great physicians, but aim to overcome them H1 cap ability to work pre-tending shifts in the of. And palliative Medicine i felt it was a team 455 Toll Gate Road,... Through the Electronic residency Application System ( ERAS ) the nation in diverse practice environments from... Rotations or on vacation i think Kent will help me maximize the potential i have and the... Team since my interview, the applicant to the program Hospital encourages inclusiveness and active learning, making the. Fourth year to the hospital/residency and vice versa my free time, i appreciated residents., like program directors and medical student deans, are interested in recruiting highly qualified international medical graduates large! Did not get to rotate at Kent Hospital residency Programs participate in the of! Large community Hospital with a surrounding team that cares about my success our year...

James Ansin Miami, National Vision, Inc Insurance Refund, Mark Smith Obituary January 2022, Articles K