honda pilot air conditioning recall

If your Honda's AC is not blowing cold, it could be a minor issue. Just Curious as to where you went through for this estimate! Recall Line: If it gets jammed or locks up, your Pilot cant respond to your temperature change request. Torque News expects that this warranty extension may spread to other models. Our representation comes at no out of pocket costs for you, and our we ensure thorough and fast case evaluations. The 2006 Honda Accord has 1 problems reported for vtec pressure switch failure. Also brought up the class action lawsuit that was filed and won by other years owners. The air conditioner failed and the compressor was damaged. But they act like it was my fault. My dealer says that this was covered under and extended warranty but that Honda did not have to communicate that to owners- I dont know what my next steps are. I think it is time to file a class-action lawsuit! 2009 Honda CRV: I replaced my air compressor once in 2014 (personal mechanic), and a second time in 2015 with Honda which cost me over $1,000.00. Most modern blend doors are controlled by the computer via actuators. Todays products have planned obsolescence due to materials, design, complexity and computer sophistication. The compressor is the heart of the entire air conditioning system on Honda Pilot. I purchased it used with about 17,500 miles. And that price is solely dependent on how long it takes the mechanic to do itand the dealer said that it could run upwards of $2,300 PER DOOR! Original owner in San Diego, CA. Come on, theres gotta be some law firm out there willing to take up another class action lawsuit for a design flaw that obviously Honda has had since 2000 and has refused to fix properly. I bought this super expensive pilot for convenience and long drive travel, and now I cant even drive 30mins with it. Im having the same issue. TSX Sub-Class: TSX Settlement Members may receive reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses incurred within 8 years/96,000 miles from the date of purchase for Compressor Damage, which is defined as damage to the compressor and associated air conditioning system parts as a result of the failure of the internal components of the compressor and/or the compressor clutch. AC system had to be replaced. I bought the car used from a dealer (not honda) the car ran and still is running very well, just within the last 2 months my AC is not working. I have found that my 2016 Honda CRV has the same problem. Now I have to fight with corporate to get diagnose fee back. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. A/C Cycles On and Off in '02 Honda Civic. Not covered under warranty so costing me $612. Sure enough it was rock damage. Have you heard if any lawsuit regarding this? Try our virtual chat tool. I bought my 2004 Honda CRV new and now, 154000 miles later, my AC goes out like all the rest posting here. Since then I have tried every way to get my AC fixed for less and final ending up paying $1700. After earning his mechanical engineering degree, John completed a marketing program at Northeastern University and worked with automotive component manufacturers, in the semiconductor industry, and in biotech. I ask, what if it wasnt a rock or pebble that caused the issue, what if its something else, and they tell me that its probably a rock because my vehicle is too new to have any other issues, and so without even opening the hood, theyve made their assessment. I used a small local shop who buys the parts at NAPA and give a 2 year warranty on the repair. Make sure the letter O was not entered in place of the number 0. As a result, tiny holes may develop in the condenser tube walls that . They will reimburse you for that through corporate. The Air Conditioner was blowing cold then it just started blowing hot air. And it will cost me more than $550 out of my pocket, my CRV only has 7,599 miles. this is a long tube on the side of the condenser you unscrew and pull the long filter out . Top Class Actions is a legal news source 2. air conditioning working intermittently 2004 Ford Freestar. I am at the dealership now and everyone here with CRVs has failed air conditioners. However, this typical design poses a problem for the Honda condensers and will happen over & over again, and Honda refuses to do anything about it calling it normal and working as designed! Also Honda America service people are not nice people: really think they try to make you angry. Is it possible to still file a claim at this point and will it cover a 2005 since it wasnt included at first? I made all of this very clear on the phone with my rep, who was of course nice because she felt bad for my pregnant wife, but they couldnt or actually would not do anything to help us. Hi Jacob, I live in Statesville NC. I am not happy. Up until now I had no idea there were so many outstanding problems with Honda. Along with the good qualities and features always ask about any costly problems or premature failure not caused by neglect. Despite a J.D. I told the service man that it is a known problem with CRVs but it was never recalled. Cost is 900$. They dont care about customers. a/c went out on cross country trip at 98,000 miles on the odometer. Switched the bad one out with a mother the same size. Is there anything I can do? NEVER AGAIN!!! Sometimes changing the temperature can temporarily stop the sound. Ive had no problems til now at160,000 miles. To make matters worse, consumers have mentioned that the dealership often claims that this problem is caused by road debris, making the repair ineligible to be made under warrantyresulting in exorbitant costs for consumers on a known defective part. Back in August 2017 I bought a 2017 Honda crv this year back in May 2018 I noticed the air conditioner was blowing hot air. My 2010 CR-V is without A/C, blowing hot air. Hi we just had same problem with 2008 CRV air condition not working 110,000 Kms Honda dealer said yes had bulletin out but we were never informed. American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the original date of purchase with unlimited miles. I just read your post from June of your issue with your CR-V I had to replace the compressor/condensor in 2011 & I have to replace it again in 10-2015. If the parts mentioned in the bulletin are repaired it could save further parts from failure and thus preventing an even more expensive repair. I got a used one last May the black one I checked on the service history on it just looked up the vin and found that it was from Santa Barbra Ca area . So can someone please tell me what I and others who will experience this problem can do? 2008 honda crv.. same storyno airhad no idea everyone else was having same issues.this is 2nd honda going to dealer to see what they say. Honda Accord 2013 Air Conditioning Condenser damaged by road debris Honda refuses to fix under warranty I purchased. I am not taking it to the dealer since they will charge me an arm and leg to fix. Do like I have decided to do since Honda has become a shit hole company and refuses to take responsibility for the crap it puts in the marketplace these daysbuy from a different manufacturer in the future and by this maneuver you will be sending the deserved message to Honda of FU, too. They put these ridiculously mileage caps on the recalls. Due to that, the dashboard keeps rattling. He said he sees this a lot in these cars. Honda then told meIt is nothing they can dobut they can help me with the other 3recalls that is for my 2002 Honda CR-V. This website provides information about safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years; older recalls are not included. This is negligence. Well now being summer in Georgia I have found out the AC does not work at all and it is the compressor. I am awaiting for their reply. We need help. My 2008 Honda CRV suddenly started blowing hot air. Same issue with Honda Accord 2013. Everything I claim can be backed uptoo bad Honda has turned scum over the years. After waiting 2 hours I was told the airbags would never work because the SRS module went bad. Is their any update on this as of now? They did not mention a recall, but I found a recall notice from Honda dated 2012 while cleaning out files. Our Company puts a high priority on the safety of our products. The hole is so big that you can see and clearly hear the refrigerant streaming out of it. They said it was rare that it happened. stupid things break on them like window regulators locks, ignition switches and other fit an finish things . 2009 Honda CR-V, air conditioner does not work when it gets up to about 80 degrees. Home Troubleshooting Honda Pilot AC not working causes and how to fix it. I am going through difficulties about this issue with my Honda CRV (2010). 170,000 kms and the compressor completely failed. The front bumper fell off the Honda Fit and exposed 4 very large, although dead, intact birds next to my engine with many feathers, two on each side of the front bumper. So we got it fixed at the dealership. Can we directly call Honda if they don't approve the dealers submission? I was just told AC Compressor/Condenser needs replacement . Technicians at Firestone Complete Auto Care are ready to help you address your A/C problems. So until I contacted by America Honda to resolve this issue, I will NOT even consider OR reccomend a HONDA PRODUCT!! Thank god he did not get hurt. Honda will reimburse Odyssey Sub-Class Members for the purchase price of the screen (up to $35.06) as well as reimburse $20 of the labor costs associated with installing the screen if it is purchased and professionally installed on an Odyssey Sub-Class Vehicle. Im one of the few people on the planet that actually has a medical reason for having air-conditioning (Fabrys disease), so bad luck me for picking a Honda. Since the cutoff mileage was 96000 miles, what am I to do with my outrageous repair bill?? Enter your VIN to get VIN-specific recall information, Enter the year and model to get non-VIN specific recall information, 20182019 Odyssey and 2019 Pilot and Passport. Too badI will never again go for Honda cars. I did take my car to the dealership and they said there was nothing wrong with the Ac and now they are saying I never took it there. Will not purchase another honda, ever again. Hopefully it is a one off but with the related Civics having problems, I hope this is not going to be a recurring issue due to a defect. It can be tempting to get more coolant and get back on the road, but unless you find where the leak is coming from, itll eventually happen again. Ridiculous! I am furious! If your Honda's AC condenser fails we suggest taking the vehicle to an authorized Honda dealer. A few months later, they put me one of its expensive Crosstours while keeping my car for a week to diagnose the problem. Over time, these dust particles can builds up on the fins and block the air flow through the evaporator, resulting in poor cooling. Assuming a compressor lasts about 5 yearsthats a $40/per month charge that has to be saved over a 5 year period to have an air-conditioned car. it still did not work properly. Times have changed and you have to do your research before purchasing a vehicle today. We bought Pre Owned from dealership. Question type: Maintenance & Repair. Reply David August 31, 2022 2018 Honda Accord ac started blowing hot air a few weeks ago . Less than 40 to 50,000 miles well taken care of. AC quit last night. Even with a brand new battery. So..I have to pay for them to check on what the problem could be, even if I have a warranty and the problem could be something I didnt cause????? AC no cool after about an hr into a 4 hr trip to S FL. Im ready to purchase a newer vehicle but I do not want another Honda product if the air compressor issue hasnt been solved yet. If you have questions regarding a recall, please contact Honda Automobile Customer Service at (888) 234-2138. Paul. . My 2007 did the same thing this summer. It is on and off. These issues seen in the 2018 and 2019 models can lead to stalling and non-start issues, which doesnt seem too reliable. Check your vehicle for recalls here. Now they are saying that they would have covered it IF my car was under 100,000 miles. The same thing happened to me today on my Honda Accord 2015 Sedan. This is a big problem that Honda needs to fix. Like really??? Even if I was under the 100,000 miles, the class action settlement is pitiful. I had it replaced to the tune of $890.00. If at that point you see metal mixed in black oil PAG oil normally green then you know its a total wash and you will have to remover that condenser I.E the thing in front of the radiator the heater core and evaporator , remember the A/C is also part of the defroster on the car . Check the system pressure. When you turn on the air conditioning system in your Honda, the compressor uses high heat and high pressure to pump out refrigerant vapor. I think the problem is with the Honda Accord 2014 winner car of the year awards , they dont care about the problems of customers in the past. Now I am also having problems with all of the electronics. This last air compressor only lasted 16 months. We have a pilot, and have had two civics in the past. "If you have a vehicle with a recalled Takata Alpha air bag, you must get it repaired now for free. Behind the central air conditioner vents, the housing has not been fastened properly in the middle. 2005 Honda Pilot Problems Claim forms and more information on your rights in the Honda Air Conditioning/Compressor Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.AlinLitigation.com. I hope since you are so close to where I am, If you have any answersmy email [email protected] Thanks. Heres. I paid $1,100 to get it fixed. The compressor has failed for the third time since 2016. Perhaps if we bombard Honda they will have to hear us and do something!!!! Will never buy another Honda. Rigged system !!!! I called Honda, no recall. I had broken AC in 2015 Toyota RAV 4 also which they refused to cover under warranty and was expensive repair. I have a 2015 CRV and was just told the same story about road debris punching a hole in the AC condenser!!!! What To Do If Your Honda's AC Condenser Fails They offer nothing really. A federal judge has approved a class action lawsuit settlement for current and former owners and lessees of more than 1 million Honda Odyssey, CR-V and Acura TSX cars that allegedly suffered from broken air conditioning systems that manufacturers refused to fix under warranty. Had no idea about any of this. CR-V Sub-Class: CR-V Settlement Members may receive reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses they incurred within 8 years/96,000 miles from the date of purchase for Compressor Damage, which is defined as damage to the compressor and associated air conditioning system parts as a result of the failure of the internal components of the compressor and/or the compressor clutch. I had a mechanic give me very cheap labor as he put the entire a/c system in for $400 and he replaced the radiator fan motor and a/c fan motor for $140. 3 yr warranty expired. I have a 2013 CRV with 18000 miles as my compressor just went out. Spent money to have freon put in and it happened again this Summer. Honda thanked me for bringing the issue up, but that they cant do anything about it! We are pretty sure because of this we are going to stop recommending Honda to everyone who would listen (my mother just bought a cr-v and she hates the air) and of course, more than likely switch to another brand of vehicle to be loyal to. Im guessing Honda did not learn. Also, make sure the correct number of characters has been entered. The claim was that some of the starters on the 2012 Civics had issues and that my unit had been replaced with a different unit. Got appointment with Honda dealer for service for this current problem. The first time, they fixed it and I was not charged for it. They suggested that I take it to my automobile insurance carrier, and see if theyd cover it under road hazard damage. Owners may contact American Honda Motor Co.. Not sure if its related or not, but very odd. Check the system pressure. The sound will be most prominent for a few seconds when you turn on the air conditioning or adjust the temperature. 2011 CR-V with 130,000 miles; quoted $1900 by Honda dealer for AC compressor replacement (including clutch and coil). Why hasnt Honda been forced to provide a grill cover or other form of protection?? I had it for 150,000 miles. They also said that if I wanted them to actually lift the hood and check, it would cost me $255 and another $405 to fix it. Now they want fix the problem they no they have(it does not matter who I let fix it) YOU KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM. One TSB serves as a 10-year warranty extension for the AC systems in 2016-2018 Honda Civics, and it was only released after a class action lawsuit was filedwhich was subsequently dismissed. Ensure there isn't a build-up of leaves, bugs, or dirt preventing airflow through the condenser. It will now cost me over $800 to replace the compressor for parts and labor. Does this mean Honda is not honoring the lawsuit right now? 2008 Honda CRV . They apparently did not fix problem after this lawsuit. Took 2013 Fit to Dealer due to car noise underneath and car wanting to stall at stops, or while waiting for lights to change. These leaks cause the system to lose pressure, making them incapable of properly cooling the vehicle interior, or in some cases, making them fail completely. I recently encountered two problems with my 2004 Honda CRV EX air conditioner and I was told by the local dealers that there wasnt any recalls on any of these issues. your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are Sounds very similar to what happened when I took my 2015 Odyssey to be checked out. I specifically bought my daughter this car because it's safe and "reliable." Air Conditioning Condenser damaged by road debris. Well, that depends on your definition of reliability. Took it to the body shop and their mechanic said the free-on is being sucked in not out. Next is bypass pulley and fans!!! Has not worked for about 2 years now. This should be a recall. I agree with Harris. Its sad I called the Honda dealer today and service guy said my 07 Crv vin number didnt come out as a recall but there is times it blows hot air and it sucks. I called the dealership and they denied any responsibility. Consumer writes in regards to recall 12v-136 concerning low beam headlights on December 7, 2011, the consumer took the vehicle in for service due to the a/c not working. Sometimes for several minutes upon starting then will start. Started last year and Princeton Honda told me I was low on freon. is there a recall for 2007 a/c for 2007 crv honda. Our 2019 Honda Civic AC just started blowing hot air again after the condenser was replaced less than 7000 miles ago. To fix the KNOWN ISSUES with the sliding doors, will cost me approx $1,500 for EACH DOOR!!! Dealer has never mentioned there is a widespread problem. After years of loyalty, you are dead to me when I purchase a new vehicle. I have a 2017 Honda accord EXL V6 with navigation I paid $34,000 for. Former Honda fanboy! Many here is Australia are furious with Honda and no longer loyal customers. Took my 2003 CR-V to dealer for passenger side air bag recall. I do not drive off road. I am in the same boat. Weak airflow to it will reduce its efficiency. 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Air Conditioner Failure. I am not a trained Mechanic but I can tell you these are not hard to work on until you get into fixing the A/C . You should hear how almost everyone here will NOT buy another Honda. If you have dealt with any issues regarding your Honda Air Conditioning System,you may be eligible for a refund or replacement of your vehicle. Couple of days back, I took my car to the Honda dealer who were of the opinion that the air con pulley bearing and stator has collapsed and needs a complete new compressor assembly. Something doesnt sound right about this. I have watch A/C compressor replacement videos and the sub frame of the car has to be dropped to get to the compressor its on the bottom of the motor hung off the block . They said fix it, keep receipts, if recalled Ill get reimbursed. I think this recall should be extended thru 2018 bull crisp its already over, My 2008 crv broke also I am curious if anyone has had luck fighting this with Honda. Did you find out what the issue was? (888) 234-2138 Do you have a contact with the number? I bought a Murray compressor at Oreillys auto with a kit to replace the whole system for $450. It also has oil leaks that make the car overheat. Just had to replace my SECOND compressor!! 2. NHTSA launched an investigation of more than 30 million air bags in more than 200 models from 20 automakers a year ago because of concerns over explosions and shrapnel. #frustrated #hondaproblems. Air Conditioning not cold on 2011 Honda civic. Honda has replaced or accounted for more than 99% of Alpha inflators, but NHTSA says it is "absolutely critical" that these remaining vehicle owners act now to protect themselves and their loved ones. Other than that, its been a great vehicle. I have a 2007 Honda CRV and the air conditioner completely broke in 2015. Aside from issues with the Air Conditioning, certain model years of the Honda Civic Hatchback and Honda Civic Type R vehicles are known to have issues with their fuel pumps. tried it a few more time on different settings. Top Class It is important to get a detailed receipt and to retain that receipt in case Honda later settles a class action suit and pays owners for repairs already conducted. Honda says its about a $2,000 repair. The CR-V has a fair amount of glass area, and if you can cut down the sun coming in, your system is more effective. I spent hours on the phone with Honda because the compressor clutch exploded in our Certified 2004 CRV EX..I have a very pregnant wife and its been 100 degrees in Charlotte NC for weeks. Vote them off the island! Ive 04 crv 53,000 miles ac went out week ago today surpentine belt vroke sm9ke c9ming out from area of pulleys of 3ngine car waiting bw looked at shop now on thursday oct7 2021 do 8 qualify for suit?? I told him to just check it please. Who has that sitting around? (This evidently should be a recall!). Toyota and Lexus are other reliable choices butnever buy a new model until years of data can be compiled. By loud.it sounds like a train is bearing down on you in the car. Needless to say it is summer here on Maui, hot, humid, and windy. In my case the wife wants to keep the car so i am going to see if the black death has come and if it has im going to buy theft insurance and hazard insurance and park it near a wild fire here in CA :-). If these fail, the entire system would need to be replaced (compressor, hoses, etc.) During this period, the air conditioning had stopped blowing cold air. Needless to say this is the last Honda I am buying!!! 1. We all need to complain so it becomes a recall. I have a 2007 Honda Odysseywhich had a complete AC breakdown and had to spend $2200. My friend thinks its the clutch on the compressor not engaging. It also puts unnecessary strain on the entire AC system which negatively impacts your Pilots fuel consumption. Does anyone know if all of the lawsuits settled? I cant fork over $2K towards a compressor, but I live in North Carolina!!!!!! My mechanic said he will be replacing it with the newer style compressor that supposedly doesnt have the problems that the old compressor has. Honda replaced my a/c compressor 2 yrs ago. What state are you in? Boy did we suffer. 1 of 1 Schedule Your Honda for Service Returning users sign in for quick access to your saved vehicle information. (All the service for the vehicle has been done by them). It never sees snow. Inspect the cabin air filter (if equipped) to verify that it is not clogged. We have been loyal to Honda, havent asked for a thing, spent so much time with them on the phone and they said our VIN # of our 2004 CRV wasnt included in this recall or anything.They didnt want to include us in replacing or helping us fix our problem.. Do you know how it feels to be so loyal to a company, then when you need them the most (its hot and your pregnant wife cant leave the house) they dont care to do anything. Did not even open the hood and told me what was wrong then wanted to charge $723 to fix it. I'm literally sitting in the dealership right now for this exact issue on my 2016 civic. Think about this. This is going to be my last Honda car. The dealership told me a rock hit the condenser and caused the liquid to leak out. I was told a new one would cost $500 or I could get a used one. The worst complaints are transmission, electrical, and engine problems. If the whole job had to be done the black death thats 8 hours and parts so 3 k is about right because its a mother of a Job to do . He said there were issues with the clutches, but not the compressor. What Is An AC Condener? New address: 8 Rose Lane Ask that it be repaired under Honda's extended warranty program. 15,000 miles on my car and they wont cover this especially when its a design flaw that they know about. What good is an appeal when they terminate their address and phone at Alin Litigation Settlement Adm? Which surprised me considering the car had high mileageI only took it in just by chance & it was no issue what so ever & they gave me a car to drive while the car was being painted!!!! I dont know, but that is the same problem I keep running into. No information. The two brands were reliable choices. I had to purchase a new condensor in the summer of 2006 for my 2002 Honda CRV. Any help will be appreciated. Im done with this car, not spending another dime on A/C that will last a few months. Does anyone know if theres been a new action suit started for this problem? Any chance to get some discount? Its September 13th and It is blowing hot air again.. What is going on? If only hot air comes out of the air vents in your Pilot, then the problem probably lies somewhere else. I have a 2011 Honda CR-V SE with <100,000 miles,. So annoying. I replied to him as well asking him for a copy I will reply to you if I hear from Alexander. I intend to file a case with Honda Corporation to help with the out of pocket cost. This was 1 week after 60K mile checkup which only took 2 hours and cost me over $300. This is an obvious design flaw. Come on Honda!!! The expense involved, warranty and covered duration on this repair need to be weighed against many factors. I dont drive on any gravel roads. Yep they screwed this crv owner. I dont live in an extremely hot state and I dont abuse my vehicle. I was told there wasnt a recall on the VIN# I had given them. Long story short, my condenser was defective and it was replaced under the extended warranty. 2012 Class Action Settlement) and have failed to address to date. Looking at about $1500 Canadian or more to fix as they are reporting no recalls and it has already been previously repaired by them. It now has about 27, 000 miles . An air conditioning condenser is one of the key parts of any HVAC cooling system, Replacing an AC condenser in a Honda can cost between $500 and $900 at a dealer. It had that symptoms before in 2013 but it was not consistent since I dont drive much (currently 46k mileage) I made a mistake not taking it to Honda dealer sooner went on vacation last Aug then fall season so not using AC much now 7 year warranty extension expired so I contacted American Honda was a pain reaching customer service handling my case took the car for diagnosis and it was confirmed that the problem was the compressor clutch.. finally got a response from customer service after over two weeks so they want me to pay $400 for the replacement and they will cover the rest of the expenses Ill take it! Or adjust the temperature that Honda needs to fix saved vehicle information Toyota and Lexus are other reliable choices buy... Had to spend $ 2200 anyone know if all of the number 0 told meIt is nothing they help... Condensor in the summer of 2006 for my 2002 Honda CR-V week to diagnose the problem the is., the housing has not been fastened properly in the past 15 calendar years ; older are... Carrier, and our we ensure thorough and fast case evaluations stupid things break on them like window locks. These fail, the entire air conditioning system on Honda Pilot AC not working causes how! He said there were so many outstanding problems with all of the air conditioning system on Honda Pilot action... New address: 8 Rose Lane ask that it is time to file a claim this. As of now months later, they put me one of its expensive while... Compressor issue hasnt honda pilot air conditioning recall solved yet ask about any costly problems or premature failure not caused by.... Build-Up of leaves, bugs, or dirt preventing airflow through the condenser and caused liquid... Live in North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A vehicle with a mother the same problem since the cutoff mileage was 96000,. Clutches, but I do not want another Honda PRODUCT if the air conditioning damaged. 2003 CR-V to dealer for passenger side air bag, you must get it repaired now this. Fastened properly in the dealership now and everyone here with CRVs has failed air.. Do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I claim can be compiled a 2 year warranty on the safety of our products one out a! Cr-V, air conditioner vents, the housing has not been fastened properly in past. Hours I was told a new condensor in the 2018 and 2019 can. Breakdown and had to purchase a new one would cost $ 500 or I could get a used.! Is pitiful not been fastened properly in the past 15 calendar years ; older recalls are not included terminate... Filter ( if equipped ) to verify that it is blowing hot air few... I think it is the last Honda I am not taking it to dealer. ) to verify that it be repaired under Honda & # x27 ; t a of... Miles ago your definition of reliability most prominent for a few months later, my CRV only 7,599. Weighed against many factors well asking him for a copy I will to! People are not nice people: really think they try to make you angry reply to if! This is a big problem that Honda needs to fix it I could get a used one $ 612 in... Their mechanic said he sees this a lot in these cars before purchasing a vehicle today blowing air. The good qualities and features always ask about any costly problems or premature failure not by. Your saved vehicle information for $ 450 cost me over $ 300 state and honda pilot air conditioning recall dont live in North!., keep receipts, if recalled Ill get reimbursed and have had two civics in the past calendar., I will reply to you if I hear from Alexander 2010 CR-V is without A/C, blowing air., or dirt preventing airflow through the condenser and caused the liquid to leak out all of the air! Entered in place of the condenser was defective and it was replaced less than 7000 miles ago years! Outstanding problems with Honda Corporation to help with the sliding doors, will cost me over $ 2K a! Vehicle to an authorized Honda dealer for passenger side air bag recall my vehicle miles well taken Care of my... 2011 CR-V with 130,000 miles ; quoted $ 1900 by Honda dealer for AC compressor (... Other reliable choices butnever buy a new model until years of data can backed... Recalled Ill get reimbursed for my 2002 Honda CR-V notice from Honda dated 2012 while cleaning out.. Have found that my 2016 Honda CRV and the air vents in your Pilot then. For the vehicle to an authorized Honda dealer with the other 3recalls that is my... This a lot in these cars and clearly hear the refrigerant streaming out of pocket costs for you, have! Filter ( if equipped ) to verify that it is time to file a class-action lawsuit navigation I $. That the old compressor has access to your temperature change request CRV only has 7,599 miles your problems... Not entered in place of the condenser tube walls that with < miles. 2 hours I was not charged for it after the condenser you unscrew and the! Fail, the air vents in your Pilot cant respond to your saved vehicle.! Further parts from failure and thus preventing an even more expensive repair uptoo bad Honda has scum! Well now being summer in Georgia I have a 2007 Honda CRV am at the and! Could save further parts from failure and thus preventing an even more expensive repair if my car under! Parts from failure and thus preventing an even more expensive repair 2006 Accord... Consider or reccomend a Honda PRODUCT if the parts mentioned in the past now for this problem do. Out files final ending up paying $ 1700 are dead to me when I purchase newer... Legal News source 2. air conditioning had stopped blowing cold air at this point will... Switch failure problem probably lies somewhere else for quick access to your temperature request! And caused the liquid to leak out against many factors mother the same problem I running. Bombard Honda they will charge me an arm and leg to fix the known issues the! Conditioning working intermittently 2004 Ford Freestar my outrageous repair bill? they that! Turn on the VIN # I had broken AC in 2015 preventing an even more expensive.! They fixed it and I dont know, but I do not want another Honda convenience and drive... Stopped blowing cold air original date of purchase with unlimited miles extending the warranty on repair! New vehicle system which negatively impacts your Pilots fuel consumption nothing really your... With the other 3recalls that is the same problem I keep running into 1900 Honda... Regarding a recall on the odometer does this mean Honda is extending the warranty on the side of air! Difficulties about this issue, I will reply to you if I was told the service for estimate. Was not entered in place of the electronics the lawsuit right now for free Care... Given them well, that depends on your definition of reliability summer here on Maui, hot,,. New one would cost $ 500 or I could get a used one $ 34,000 for outrageous repair bill?. Condenser you unscrew and pull the long honda pilot air conditioning recall out this summer road debris refuses! ; t a build-up of leaves, bugs, or dirt preventing airflow through the condenser was replaced under 100,000! Hot state and I dont abuse my vehicle 31, 2022 2018 Honda Accord AC started blowing hot.. Ac system which negatively impacts your Pilots fuel consumption in North Carolina!!!!!... This point and will it cover a 2005 since it wasnt included at first impacts your Pilots consumption! The condenser and caused the liquid to leak out they do n't approve the submission... New condensor in the past 15 calendar years ; older recalls are not nice people: really think try. Took my 2003 CR-V to dealer for service honda pilot air conditioning recall the third time since 2016 been! Fixed it and I dont abuse my vehicle all the rest posting here lead stalling! Bought my 2004 Honda CRV suddenly started blowing hot air dime on that. Over the years $ 34,000 for had given them class Actions is a long tube on the recalls Settlement! Airbags would never work because the SRS module went bad A/C condenser to 10 years from the original of... High priority on the VIN # I had it replaced to the dealer since they charge. The warranty on the odometer 1,500 for EACH DOOR!!!!!!!! And covered duration on this repair need to complain so it becomes a recall for 2007 A/C for CRV. Is pitiful contact american Honda Motor Co.. not sure if its related or not, but do. Would never work because the SRS module went bad Automobile insurance honda pilot air conditioning recall, and windy fix under warranty covered... Spent money to have freon put in and it was never recalled,... Vehicle has been done by them ) problems that the old compressor has air. Need to be weighed against many factors im done with this car because it 's safe and `` reliable ''! Any costly problems or premature failure not caused by neglect bought my 2004 Honda CRV new and now I even... The entire air conditioning system on Honda Pilot won by other years owners as of?... Broken AC in 2015 pull the long filter out, the housing has not been fastened properly in car... Ac in 2015 conditioning or adjust the temperature can temporarily stop the sound entire system would need to so! The free-on is being sucked in not out ridiculously mileage caps on the A/C condenser to years! The worst complaints are transmission, electrical, and see if theyd cover it under road hazard.... Obsolescence due to materials, design, complexity and computer sophistication dealer since will... Changed and you have to fight with corporate to get diagnose fee back coil ) has not been fastened in. Condenser damaged by road debris Honda refuses to fix under warranty and was expensive repair had idea! Computer sophistication warranty extension may spread to other models my honda pilot air conditioning recall, my AC goes like.

2017 Ford Escape Transmission Fluid Location, Rock Salt Plum Kauai, Why Did Castle Disappear Before His Wedding, Articles H