greek villa walls with pure white trim

It has just the right amount of "off-whiteness" if you do not want too much creaminess on the exterior of your house. Sherwin-Williams also offers complimentary color consultations, which can be done virtually. North, East, South, West Which Paint Colour is the Best? We ultimately decided that High Reflective White might look a bit stark, and White Duck was a little darker than we were looking for (it was sort of a warm greige). Seems we have way too many choices these days. Bistro white falls right in between. Though the greige undertones make it very versatile, it is not as stark as many of Sherwin Williams cooler whites. Bistro White by Valspar (7006-4) is one of the best white paint colors to consider when decorating a home. We used Cityscape for two accent walls in our bedroomone in a little nook where I have my vanity table, and one for the wall directly across from our bed. If you want to pair Sea Salt with a Sherwin Williams white, you could use Greek Villa SW 7551 or Westhighland White 7566. We are also surrounded by woods and will have lots of natural light, but like yours it will be affected by the woods. It has been said that Snowbound can appear slightly dirty or muddy looking on trim because of the gray undertone, but only paired with the wrong paint color. You can see in the natural light it is pulling some warm undertones. You can use Alabaster on your cabinets, for a perfect white kitchen. It will look white in both interior and exterior lighting and is white enough to pop against other colors without being glaring. It lacks blue undertones which can make a room feel cooler. Please Read my Disclosure Policy. In a bedroom, you can use Greek Villa as the primary color on the walls and Rock Candy as an accent . To see it at its best you should choose a hot summer's night, when the full moon mocks the street-lamps' efforts. Not too gray, yellow or blue." Eric Mandil of Mandil Inc. WHITE OC-151 BY BENJAMIN MOORE "We have used this color in a few of our recent projects. So much fun!! Did you use the same color for the trim, but instead using satin finish? And because Greek Villa is a warm white, it has a yellow undertone, just like most of the other popular shades. If you want to see how it looks to have Alabaster walls with Alabaster trim, join my Facebook group and search Alabaster. You can use Alabaster on your trim as a warm white contrast to colored walls. It is very creamy and warm and I love it. It was kind of a breakthrough moment for me. Immediately after youve finished your second coat, remove any tape from your trim, baseboards, wall outlets, etc. In general, most people will simply notice that Greek Villa is a lighter version of Shoji White. Its glorious! For example, we realized we were using a roller that did not have the right thickness for our textured walls. I think that means it does work BUT WAIT! I saw Lori Sawayas response to another poster on similar colors. $1,217 $1,587. We also have good artificial lighting with recessed lighting, sconces and ceiling light and WD still looks a little muddled to me. @Flo Mangan Your comment " Extra white however it might be too bright when you get actual lighting in. Hahah! Like you recommended I bought large samples and put them up before deciding which one to choose. By caulking it, youll have a smooth line where the wall and ceiling meet, and your tape will lie flat, giving you a perfect, straight line where your two different paint colors meet. Then, peel the sheet right off your wall and reapply it somewhere else if you like! Me, when I paint, I have paint in my hair, my face all over me and my clothes and usually smeared on the floor as well. Whether its for siding, stucco, brick or trim, Greek Villa is a great option for an exterior. Ultimately, it will end up looking like a beautiful soft white on your home's exterior. Greek Villa vs Alabaster White paint is my go-to backdrop wall color for almost any space. White Trims, Cabinets & Walls Do They Need to MATCH? Hi Lore I would have painted all the oak white, too! I love this color because it gives depth without making the space feel too small. SW Greek Villa is a white or off-white paint color but it is in the yellow hue family, so it has a warmer tone than some other white paint colors. I just read your post on SW Alabaster which is what I would like to paint the walls in my home. On the other hand, with south-facing light or western afternoon light already being warm, Greek Villa will look even warmer. Ed has had a few consulting jobs, but all were only on a temp basis. SW Alabaster is an extremely popular neutral white paint color. Edgecomb Gray would look pretty with Alabaster, and would give some contrast but not too much. @C DeV and @Jodi What did you end up selecting? Alabaster has a bit more of a beige quality to it, where as White Dove is more yellow its undertones. Taking a lunch break? What is the other color you used? Thank you! Sherwin Williams Greek Villa neutral paint color and has been listed among the top 50 paint colors! And just as nice in the evening. Im so glad we did that beause we definitely learned some things along the way that helped us for our other rooms! We landed on Greek Villa as a soft white that wasn't too warm or too cool. It is not as stark as a true white, but still white enough that it will always look white, in any light and on any surface. I matched it to: Benjamin Moore Palace White #OC-100, My favourite white is the one you can usually see in those perfect minimalist Scandinavian homes, combined with wooden details and unique prints on the walls. 2. Thank you so much to Sherwin-Williams for gifting our paint and materials! While it might sound tempting at first to just cover your furniture, it ends up being a bigger pain than just moving it, plus it gets in the way. When my mom saw it she was like, OMG it looks SO much better! Try to stay as positive as you can. I first used Bistro White in the hall bathin my previous home. It is not a simple choice. Lauren, Could you send me an email as well? Great post! A warm trim against white walls made a room feel traditional, a light wood trim gave off Scandi vibes, and a dark room with intentionally dark trim created drama. When you look at Alabaster, it is easy to see why it is so popular, yet not at all trendy. When partnering up shades of white, one white can expose the underbelly of another, meaning its EASY to get clashing undertones. I dont recommend using this though. Its really fascinating watching paint dry. Freshly painted Bistro White in a satin finish on the walls in a foyer. SW Pearly White Review Review: I might've saved the best for last. It is an elegant and timeless shade that works almost anywhere. The cabinetry needs to match the trim- or at least be very close. The cabinets and trim are a higher sheen of Alabaster, while the walls are a lower sheen. High Reflective White could be a good option. Good luck. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa isn't a true white or a creamy white, but it's one of the best off-white paint colors you can use that doesn't have a strong undertone. Ive never painted a room whitecrazy, I know. There are SO many wonderful whites! Many warm whites can look too beige. In the basement it looks taupe. SW Toque White walls in a grand entryway. You guys helped us pick this color in a Stories poll! Yellow toned (warm) light bulbs can really throw a yellow look on your Alabaster walls. First, you can paint your walls and your trim the same white, and differentiate them by sheen. If this is your first time painting, I highly recommend you start with the room you care the least about and is the least used/visible. Hi Judy Your guest room sounds dreamy minimal and serene. That is a combo Id love to see gone forever. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Greek Villa is 254 - c1, and Pearly White is 254-c2. Check out my Online Paint Colour Consulting Id love to help! I know its not what you want to hear, but you really do need to get a number of samples and try them in your space, maybe not 20 though.. This process is daunting and all the information is excellent, however it's making head spin. The Ultra White is a true white with no yellow or blue undertones. Despite this, they arent exactly the same paint colors. Framed around the walls images of vanished horses stood in homage, their meek heads poised in air: . 3. But keep in mind that every color that is used on the exterior lightens up. Will be repainting cabinets SW Greek Villa. SW Greek Villa is a great paint to be used in Scandinavian homes on the walls and apparently every other interior design style as neutrals and bases. I wanted all the walls white so I could use anything I wanted in decorating the room with colors on the furniture, rugs, and accessories. Alabaster white is a perfect choice in many different settings. If I dont I get too depressed with the situation. Samplize sheets are truly the easiest (and fastest!) Planning a trip? Nobody believes me when I tell them it came from the same 5 gallon bucket of paint. If you want gray, but don't want to fall into the gray trend, Toque White is a great option. Want to learn more about the FUN side of decorating and paint colours? Available for $4.95 each. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hey!! Swiss Coffee is light an airy, without any shading to it. Hire me for a Interior Color Consultation here. Different paints have specific roller brands they pair the best with, and the folks at Sherwin-Williams will know which ones to recommend. Click here for more information about Extra White. I agree, Bistro White is a wonderful white though. Simply White, Sherwin Williams Greek Villa or Sherwin Williams Snowbound, to name a . And what am I going to paint white? It does have a very creamy warm tone, like vanilla ice cream. Just like Alabaster, Greek Villa SW 7551 has greige undertones to it. The gray just lends a bit of softness, while the yellow makes Pure White a little warm. It reads as a bright, warm white that's clean and crisp but soft at the same time. White Duck? I wanted a white with some warmth that wouldnt make my great room look cold (and I used your website to figure all that out). . Hi Christy It is the truth about there being so many whites. The other might look dingy to my eye.". There are some really easy tricks that make the decision a lot easier and less agonizing. And isnt the truth about no spills when it doesnt matter? Based on Alabasters appearance in all of the major collections that Pottery Barn put out in 2019, it is safe to say that SW Alabaster has not declined in popularity in the last several years. The ceiling will be brighter than the walls, but it wont make too much of a splash, because ceilings are shady areas of a room anyways. While I wish we could just get rid of that wall, its load-baring. I have a small condo and used Greek Villa all over. Chalk Paint Furniture Before & After Makeovers, The Best DIY Chalk Paint Recipe For Painting Furniture, How to Paint a Ceiling Fan Without Taking it Down, Entryway Decorating Ideas That Say, Hello Spring, Adding Spring Flowers Around The House Even When You Dont Have Any, Spring Mantel Decor Using Repurposed Items. Alabaster goes with many other paint colors. And, it has less color in it than Alabaster does. This way it can almost change with your decorations. I just prefer bright, light tones. Dover White might be a good choice who wants a creamy look to the room, but has a lot of cool, northern lighting. Its grayed out in the dark hallway and north facing room but still lovely with lamps, etc. Coordinating Colors Oh, and you will receive them tomorrow with $5 overnight shipping! Thanks, Diane! I have my north facing two story great room/whole downstairs painted in Greek Villa. We are in the process of painting SW Greek Villa throughout our home. That wall looked a little odd and stuck out before, but now it looks like its meant to be there and its really pretty.. Want to see all your paint options in one convenient place? This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. It is an acrylic latex, interior paint designed for ultimate hiding.. The shutters are actually just the leftover color that the previous owners had done, so I don't know what it is! This is our main color for the house. If I could go back and reselect the cabinet color, trim and ceiling color for the home, I would pick Greek Villa 1000 times over White Dove, especially given the natural light in this home. Greek Villa is an excellent backdrop for brighter pops of color. For the whites, we sampled Greek Villa, High Reflective White, and White Duck. Thank you for visiting! For Alabaster, we will compare it to Extra White, Greek Villa, Swiss Coffee, White Dove, Snowbound, and Dover White. Ivory Lace - SW 7013 @love_jomy Details: R: 236 G: 229 B: 216 Hex Value: #ece5d8 LRV: 79 I would love to see the final photos if you are so inclined. Ill explain more about Samplize squares later in this post. I love your post, great idea to also paint the ceiling Greek Villa. :-). SW Greek Villa (walls) SW Eider White (walls) So, while many are trying to brighten up their homes, it's not always the best choice depending on your architecture or natural light flow to go with a stark, extra bright white. Greek Villa - Greek Villa is a soft off-white color with a subtle beige undertone. But, a pure white can be cold and stark. I like EW better in general and in your pictures. It won't appear as creamy as it does on interior walls. I know Dover White and agree it does have a more yellow undertone to it. Good luck with your makeover! Garage. Semi-gloss on trim. While I like WD, I wish it was a bit brighter at times. Just something to note and be thinking about when youre swatching colors! Alabaster is light but still cozy. Next to Alabaster, Pure White will look very white. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Come on in to learn a little more about me! The rest of the room, bedding, rug, lighting, decor accents ared yet to be decided. *Sherwin Williams paints are available at Lowes and individual locations. I'm Elise, writer and founder behind What The Fab, a travel, and lifestyle blog based in California, founded in 2012. For white trim, you can use crisp whites such as SW Extra White, cleaner whites such as SW Pure White, or off-whites such as SW Alabaster or SW Greek Villa . For the last month, Ive been running in circles trying to find the best shade of white paint for my guest room. Without a visual comparison to a real true white though, Alabaster will look completely white. Trendy colors come in and out of fashion depending on current styles. It is 100% worth it to take the time to remove all your outlet covers and light fixtures, AND cover anything that remains (like the actual outlet) with frog tape. We are so in love with how it looks! Your email address will not be published. The other thing I didnt realize or think about when swatching is that the paint will reflect itselfso for example when we swatched Greek Villa downstairs in our living room, it was reflecting the current paint that was a also white but a little more brown/grey, and it was making our Greek Villa swatch look a little darker too. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Thanks so much! Not sure what the differences were between the two but price won out and Im very pleased with the results. Southern exposureI am a bit afraid after reading your review. It's part of several Sherwin Williams Collections including Living Well, Top 50 Colors, and Timeless White. Pearly White by Sherwin Williams -. . And I agree, its just that bit brighter and cleaner than White Dove. Note that the color will look even lighter and more white. I'm not even sure why Navajo White is even on the TABLE as an OPTION for trim or cabinets as it isn't white - yet I deal with it ALL the time in my E-Design. In our home the undertones, if anything, look slightly light-grey. But, if you enter your email, youll get $5 off your first order which basically means that you will get free, overnight shipping! While both may work in your home, you may find that you like one better than the other. It was especially satisfying to paint the upstairs with beautiful Sherwin-Williams Greek Villa because the previous owners had left it with this outdated cream color. If they do not cooperate, phone any friend you may have in the White House-(202) 456 1414-to have a word on your behalf with the guys at NASA. Im not entirely a gray fan, but very much a fan of griege. AC Cover / Trash Can . Cabinets are SW Poised Taupe and trim is SW Pure White, both in semi-gloss, but the Pure White looks much more glossy than the Poised Taupe even though theyre the same finish. I will check out Ultra White. I love white walls and a lot of people think as a decorator Id be against them. I might try just SW base paint. Swiss Coffee is a creamy paint color by Benjamin Moore. No tint added and see what you think. Required fields are marked *. 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. I always think of White Dove as Benjamin Moores Alabaster (and vice versa). Update: We recently completed a remodel, and decided to use . Ive painted 3x5 squares of both colors in the room, viewed them at morning, noon and night and still cannot decide. Greek Villa FULL DETAILS This sunny white comes to life in natural light. It has been a best seller for many years, and was actually named by Sherwin Williams as their Color of the Year in 2016. We did alabaster on all of our interior walls with pure white trim and cabinets! It could save your paint lovin life read all about it HERE. Almost creamy, this is good for both walls or trim. I was originally thinking of doing all GV, but I think I do want just a subtle difference between wall/trim. If you only want one trim color, then what needs to be considered are the kitchen and bathrooms. Greek Villa is soft and airy and easy to decorate with. When I choose interior paint colors, I use an elimination process and I do the exact same thing with exterior colors. It is on the board and batten, doors and trim in the perfect sheen semi-gloss. I know you understand! Pure White has gray and yellow undertones, but they are pretty understated. On the other hand Im also a fan of a kind of modern minimalism which is sometimes considered as cold and impersonal (something like these interiors) so white (or grey) is perfect for that as well. Again I like WD but GV is cleaner, slightly brighter and just as welcoming if not more than WD. We brought them all home so we could look at them inside our housethe lighting in your house is going to be different than inside the store. It is truly white and has a nice light reflectance value. I try to answer all comments within 2 weeks, but for a much faster response, join Love Remodeleds Facebook page here! Alabasters yellow undertones bring a creamy look to the paint, while Snowbounds pink/purple undertones bring a cozy softness to the shade. Hi Yvonne You are so right one white can look different even in the same house if the light is coming from the west or east and the time of day. Is it because the white is reflecting more light affecting the sheen? Thank you for always inspiring me to make my house homier! . Snowbound is a good paint color if you prefer taupe colored shades. Are you an avid reader? My top recommendations are going to be similar to my trim color guidance. Chestnut Sherwin Williams. But after painting the entire room and ceiling with Greek Villa, it looked so much brighter and whiter. I was happy with this until I got home and started rolling the paint on the walls and realized it was not Bistro White it had too much beige in it. It's off-white with very subtle undertones of greige (both gray and beige). I just found your page and love all the color advice. People frequently want to know what color they should paint their ceiling if their walls are Alabaster white. Green Greek Rectangular Wood Wall Mirror. Alabaster, compared to Greek villa, has more grey undertones. Thank you! If you've been around here a while, you know I . With all three friends, weve narrowed it down to combinations of the following Sherwin Williams colors: Whats amazing is that while they all seem to have a good amount of saturation to them as they appear here, once applied, these colors are just slightly off from what you might call plain old white (if there is such a thing!). It is perfect for creamy white walls or for painting kitchen cabinets and exteriors. Omied suggested this because on that wall we have a white dresser with a TV on top of it, and he said the white on white wouldnt look great, plus the light grey wall would help the black TV blend in better, rather than being a stark black screen against a white backdrop. As with ANY white, my best recommendation is to partner Greek Villa with ITSELF. The mirror is available in rectangular and square versions. By doing the painting ourselves, were saving thousands of dollars (we had gotten quotes for $7 $9k!). I love all things creative, colorful, and DIY. Read on for details about SW 7008 and to see pictures of it in real spaces! Grey, brown, blue, and white are the shades that go well with Greek Villa cabinets. It is the perfect option to give your home that neutral cozy welcoming feeling! For example, you can paint your walls Alabaster in a satin finish, and paint the trim Alabaster in a semi-gloss finish. For example, Pure White, High Reflective White and Chantilly Lace are all white paint colors that will go with Alabaster walls. The trim will look brighter than the walls, but all the undertones will match perfectly. I am sampling Greek Villa in my home with honey oak trim and floors and sapphire blue granite countertops. Im trying to get away from too much brown in my house and Im wanting to paint my kitchen cabinets a country white and my island a country blue that will also flow with the tyler taupe. I have the open concept, high ceilings, lots of windows, southern exposure, lakeside, with slightly orange tinged wood trim, wood floors, and medium dark wood kitchen cabinets. This will still make the trim stand out because of how the light bounces off it a semi-gloss sheen more than a satin sheen. Sherwin Williams Pure White in semi-gloss on Trim. Thank ya, maam! Alabaster is a perfectly fine color to use on your wall and your ceiling. It is a pristine white. Choosing a Different White Paint Color Pros to choosing a different white are: Maximum contrast Highlight wall color Sherwin Williams Ethereal White (walls) - Photo Credit: @projectphoenixflips Cons: Emphasizes off-white tones. I agree about the paint challenge best to always sample and test before using on a big project. Sherwin Williams Pure White contains less dye. Let's see where and how to incorporate this beautiful white paint color into your home. Its over here! My home is small and I wanted something that felt white but not cool or blueish. Sheeh, did that white paint add a ton of elegance to your room.. it is already gorgeous and what a perfect painting job you put forth. In the photos, SW PURE WHITE is on left, SW EXTRA WHITE is on the right. Alabaster vs. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa. Aesthetic? Read why HERE. Use on Exteriors Greek Villa is a beautiful color for exteriors. Better a pork kidney at Dlugacz's. While the kettle . Benjamin Moore White Dove is a very soft white with a hint of warm gray. For example, you can paint the walls Greek Villa, the trim Rock Candy, and the ceiling white to create a balanced and harmonious look. Would love to see more examples of how the color looks on a daily basis! Coordinating colors with Greek Villa really just depends on what vibe you want in your space. Sherwin Williams Alabaster color is the perfect, timeless white. GREEK VILLA SW 7551 BY SHERWIN-WILLIAMS "This is a warm white that can go contemporary or traditional. Two of the most popular colors in this category are Sherwin Williams Greek Villa and Alabaster! These E-books cover a wide range of topics and are sure to have you refreshing your space and rethinking how you live in your home! Also, with our build we are hoping to stick with Sherwin Williams. It is a creamy soft white with some warm undertones in it. The more textured your wall is, the thicker youll want the nap. Everyone thinks Im nuts and I am starting to think that they are right. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa (SW 7551) and Sherwin Williams Alabaster (SW 7008) are both popular white paint colors with subtle undertones.. Sherwin Williams Greek Villa has a subtle yellow undertone, which gives it a warm and cozy feel.In contrast, Sherwin Williams Alabaster has a subtle grey undertone, which gives it a more neutral and modern feel. I try to humor myself by imagining what our great great grandparents would say about our quest for the "perfect" white paint color! Greek Villa just looks so fresh and gorgeous! HOWEVER be cautious when partnering it with other white paint colours - Greek Villa really only wants ITSELF as a white partner Greek Villa can be fussy with some of the popular warm off-white paint colours, particularly shades of beige and taupe It's so clean! Cant wait to see what youre going to do with the bedroom. Often anything above 82 is considered white, so while this is on the "dark"/creamy side, it is definitely an off white color. I thought it would make that wall stand out even more than it already did. Of course, when youre painting white its a very reflective wall color, and the way that it looks changes based on your natural light, furniture, any statement/accent wall colors, and even whats outside your window (lots of green bushes/trees can give it a green hue). The color transformed a dark dining room into a bright and pretty one where I used pops of fresh and vibrant color accents. Townhall Tan is a medium depth paint color that grounds the color scheme. It is a great option for someone who wants a warm paint color that doesnt have any yellow in it. We LOVE how the flat Greek Villa looks on our walls and ceilings, and we did satin for the baseboards, door trim, and doors. So excited to see what you do with this roomand very happy that green is gone ;-). I have a North Facing kitchen as well. 5 Tips for Choosing an Exterior Paint Colour. The previous color was lime green so a primer was needed for coverage so no green undertone would show through. Timeless colors that are popular are more classic in their appeal. If undertones make your head hurt, you're not alone! Thank you! Tip 1, if you're thinking about painting your wall Greek Villa, I don't recommend it unless you have large windows on both sides of your walls and it's a South facing room . It took me FOREVER to decide on the whites, as there are truly a ridiculous amount of choices. I can't add 2+2 to save my life, but I can help you decorate your home in a style that you will loveYOURS! You can use Alabaster on the walls as a crisp, clean backdrop to your decor. Snowcap White looks a bit whiter than Bistro White, which is a softer white. You can chat with a Sherwin-Williams color expert, get their recommendations for colors based on your project and what youre looking for, and have color chip samples shipped to you. This means that it has both a beige and gray base, though it mostly just comes off as white. We used Sherwin Williams Snowbound for all the trim and most of the cabinetry in our new custom built home. High Reflective White HGSW7757 Pure White HGSW7005 Explore Additional Color Collections Scandinavian Minimalism A cozy assortment of neutrals that finds beauty in the basics. White walls are super popular. A beautiful example is Bree of ZDesign at Home's kitchen (her cabinets and trim are Decorators White) - you can see more of this fabulous space {here}. Alabaster (SW 7008) is a soft, creamy white. XO I have not yet used Bistro White in gloss, but I bet it looks terrific. In our previous home, we used GV, on all of our trim, ceilings (in flat), and on our sons bedroom wall when painting alternating navy stripes. Overall: 36'' H . When I cant get to Lowes to buy Valspar paint, my other go-to white paint is Pure White by Sherwin Williams. Love these pictures of your home it looks so cheerful and inviting. If you have any questions, please see my disclaimer page. My husband isn't thrilled about aqua. He is so driven and is constantly out networking and making connections. So the walls are Greek Villa in Flat but what color and sheen ar the shutters, please? This is a learn-to-decorate blog, not a look-what-Kylie-can-do blog. It turned out to be more yellow than I thought, so it is fine for the playroom, but I used Greek Villa in my main living room, foyer, and hall upstairs. With its beautiful warmth, it can help balance a north or east-facing home. Does is look pretty will always be the final deciding factor. But Alabaster looks a little more muted than Greek Villa. Thanks so much for the article on how to make no sew curtains and blinds and i this article about paint colour not my first but its beautiful anyway. When you compare Alabaster with Greek Villa, you will see how Alabaster leans more gray, while Greek Villa leans more yellow.

Water Boiling Point Fahrenheit, Articles G