george blanda career earnings

Also learn how He earned most of George Blanda networth? Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 2:31PM. George Blanda played 340 games over his career. Although the Baltimore Colts won 27-17, Blanda accounted for all of the Raiders' points off two touchdown passes and one field goal. 1961 AFL Player of the Year (UPI, SN) That year, in a five-game period, George provided Oakland with four wins and one tie with last-second touchdown passes or field goals at age 43. I never aspired to being a professional football player. [Tied for 1st] Most Pass Completions, Game 29 (vs. San Francisco, Nov. 1, 1953) [1st] Most Field Goal Attempts, Career 638 But not George. George Blanda weighed 215 lbs (97 kg) when playing. He is a member of famous Actor with the age 83 years old group. We gave it 110%. Former quarterback and placekicker who played 26 seasons in the NFL, mostly for the Chicago Bears, Houston Oilers, and Oakland Raiders. He played in his last game at Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Stadium on January 4, 1976, at age 48,[12] in the 1975 AFC Championship Game, in which he kicked a 41-yard field goal and made one extra point as the Raiders lost to the Steelers 1610. Blanda was already 40 by this time! There he primarily played as a quarterback and place kicker; he also sometimes played as a linebacker. He spent four seasons with the Bears, where he established himself as a talented quarterback and kicker. Oakland Raiders quarterback-kicker George Blanda prepares to cut a birthday cake baked in the form of a football field during a party in Pittsburgh, Pa., celebrating his 45th birthday, Sept. 17, 1972. During 1962, he had two 400-yard passing days for the Oilers: a 464-yard effort against the Buffalo Bills on October 29, with four touchdown passes (winning 2816); and 418 yards three weeks later against the Titans of New York, this time with seven touchdown passes in a 4913 victory. * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team AP All-Pro, Bold indicates league leader. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. [1st] Most Field Goals Converted, Career 7 I received my education and my degree and never really aspired to be a professional player but it happened and I was drafted by the great Chicago Bears and the great George Halas. [1st] Most PATs Converted, Season 45 (1956) Blanda helped the Oilers win AFL Championships in 1960 and 1961, was the leagues Most Valuable Player in 1961, was a four-time AFLs All-Star, and was named to In 1970, he became the oldest quarterback to play in a title game. Though he threw only 55 passes all season, Blanda's reserve role won him the UPI and Sporting News Player of the Year awards in the AFC. AFL/AFC Divisional Playoff Game Records, [1st] Most Points Scored, Career 49 1968 AFL New York Jets 27, Oakland Raiders 23 He came in late in the game and completed 0 of two passes for 0 yards. He helped his team secure 19-7 victory against his former team, Houston Oilers. [Tied for 2nd] Most Touchdowns, Game 3 (vs. Los Angeles, Sept. 18, 1960) [2nd] Most Points Scored, Season 116 (1967) Passing Touchdown Titles: 1961 [1st] Most Pass Completions, Season 262 (1964) We present them here for purely educational purposes. [3rd] Most Passing Attempts, Game 55 (at Los Angeles, Nov. 13, 1960) I just regret we didn't get the chance to prove it.". Passing Titles: 1961 Blanda began his professional career with the Chicago Bears in 1949. [1st] Most Field Goals Converted, Career 156 The Raiders went on to compete in Super Bowl II, but lost the game to the Green Bay Packers. Then he turned his back on time, competing until he was 48 in a sport dominated by younger, stronger, faster players. He passed for 236 touchdowns and scored an incredible 2,002 points. [1st] Most Pass Completions, Game 37 (vs. Buffalo, Nov. 1, 1964) [1st] Most Pass Interceptions, Career 17 George gave me the opportunity to play 10 years and gave me 10 good years of training in what I called the minor leagues at that time so I could stay out one year and get prepared for the great AFL that was coming into existence in the 1960s. Blanda said further: "I think the AFL was capable of beating the NFL in a Super Bowl game as far back as 1960 or '61. WebAfter four years and no raises, Blanda almost bolted to Hamilton of the Canadian Football League in December 1952, but Halas kept him by raising his salary to $11,600. "[10] In the team's next game, Blanda replaced Lamonica in the fourth quarter and connected with Fred Biletnikoff on a touchdown pass with 2:28 left in the game to defeat the Denver Broncos, 2419. He replaced the injured Darryl Lamonica in the second period. [1st] Most Rushing Touchdowns Rushing, Game 3 (vs. Los Angeles, Sept. 18, 1960) He also kicked two extra points and a 48-yard field goal had three passes intercepted. [1st] Most Pass Completions, Career 76 With that I would say that I am certainly proud to be in the Hall of Fame. It was expected that this would signal his retirement. | Jul. Honor the Heroes of the Game, Preserve Its History, Promote Its Values & Celebrate Excellence Everywhere, "I never say 'This is my biggest thrill. Its what you can do tomorrow thats important.. He also kicked one extra point and a 46-yard field goal. However, hell probably be remembered best for his 1970 season with the Oakland Raiders. Please let us know if you think data we have about George Blanda's height is not correct. He went on to lead the Oilers to the first two AFL titles and won AFL Player of the Year honors in 1961. Coach John Madden called for Blanda late in the first quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the veteran threw three touchdown passes and kicked a field goal in a 31-14 victory. He was derided by the sports media as an "NFL Reject", but he went on to lead the Oilers to the first two league titles in AFL history, and he was the All-AFL quarterback and won AFL Player of the Year honors in 1961. Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant, who later won fame and set countless records at Southeastern Conference rival Alabama, arrived in his sophomore year, following a 19 season in 1945. Dad played 26 years of football, gave it 110% effort every time he was out there and tried to win when it was against all odds and was trying to win every football game. [19], In 1999, Blanda was ranked number 98 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players. And when Al called me up in July of 1967 to come back and try out my third season, my third career with the Oakland Raiders, I was supposed to jump at it. George Blanda was an awesome player who created many records, but the performance that makes him immortal is his 1970-71 season with the Oakland Raiders during which he played amazingly well and even kicked a 53-yard field goalthis at the age of 43! 18, 1967 Blanda released by Houston Oilers. I am proud to be here and be the fourth AFL player to be inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Below, we look at the longest NFL career in history ranked from 10th to one. [Tied for 1st] Most Field Goal Attempts, Game 5 (vs. Pittsburgh, 1973) "They throw the ball about the same way every time. Blanda was Houston's leading passer and scorer in all seven of his Oiler seasons. The same can be said about the best wide receiver to ever take to an NFL field. Professional football is no doubt one of the most competitive sports in America, and it takes a very special sportsman to continue playing even ten seasons, leave alone 26! Tall and athletic, young George sought solace in football and excelled as a quarterback, kicker and blocker even as a teen. [1st] Most Field Goals Converted, Season 23 (1973) He was one of only two players to play in four different decades (John Carney 19882010, is the other), and he holds the record for most extra points kicked. He earned the money being a professional Football Player. [2nd] Most Plays in One Game, Rushing and Passing 60 (vs. Oakland, Nov. 7, 1965) [Tied for 1st] Most Passing Touchdowns, Game 7 (vs. N.Y. Titans, Nov. 19, 1961) [1st] Most Field Goal Attempts, Career 39 [2nd] Most Field Goals Converted, Season 21 (1968) [1st] Most Field Goals Made, Career 91 Please see our Contributors and Sources page for data source details. [1st] Most Field Goals Converted, Career 156 George Blanda (George Frederick Blanda) was born on 17 September, 1927 in Youngwood, Pennsylvania, USA, is an Actor. [1st] Most Field Goals Converted, Career 335 Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. 1960 AFL Houston Oilers 24, Los Angeles Chargers 16 He also kicked two PATs and a 31-yard field goal. [1st] Most Field Goal Attempts, Career 189 I guess I will start my talk out by saying if I had one word to describe how I feel, it is proud. [1st] Most Pass Interceptions, Game 5 (vs. San Diego, 1961; vs. Dallas, 1962) | Mar. All-AFL: 1961 (AP, UPI, OL, SN, NY), 1967K (SN), All-AFL Second Team: 1962 (AP, UPI), 1963 (AP, NEA, NY), 1966K (OL), K Honored as a kicker All other honors as a quarterback, (at time of his retirement following 1975 season), [1st] Most Seasons 26 He replaced the injured Darryl Lamonica and completed two of six passes for 24 yards and one interception. Blanda played at quarterback but did not start. "Some quarterbacks you can anticipate," he said. [1st] Most Pass Completions, Career 1,347 In 1967, when Blanda was almost 40, the Oilers decided he was through but the Raiders saw George as a contributing backup passer and a dependable kicker so they picked him up. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items. Blanda's 42 interceptions thrown in 1962 is a record that still stands.[7][8]. Blanda did not become a fulltime starter until his fifth season with the Bears and in 1954 he was shelved by an injury. Once he joined the Houstan Oilers, he got the chance to play as both a quarterback and a kickeran opportunity that helped bring out the best in him and he went on to be adjudged the AFL Player of the Year. In 1967, when Blanda was almost 40, the Oilers decided he was through but the Raiders saw George as a contributing backup passer and a dependable kicker so they picked him up. He missed a 47-yard field goal attempt and converted two PATs. He kicked a 21-yard field goal and one PAT. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. 28, 1967 Blanda signed by Oakland Raiders. They sacrificed; I sacrificed an awful lot with the kids growing up because I was out playing that silly game, having fun, enjoying myself. [1st] Most Yards Passing, Career 19,149 40, 42, and 36 yards.) The Oakland Raiders recognized that this player still had the potential and signed him in 1967. Passing Titles: 1953Chi, 1960Hou, 1961Hou, 1962Hou, 1963Hou, 1964Hou, 1965Hou, 1966Hou, (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Jim McMahon (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Bronko Nagurski (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Red Grange (Complete Story), What Happened To Rashaan Salaam? Blanda finished his 27 professional football seasons having completed 1,911 of 4,007 pass attempts for 26,920 yards and 236 touchdowns. I am proud that my wife, Betty, married 31 years. (Records through the 1966 season, Blandas final season with Houston), [1st] Longest Pass Completion 95 (to Dick Compton, vs. Buffalo, Dec. 5, 1965) I am so proud that my family will always be remembered in that Hall when they come through and see my bust along with Willie, Red & Jim and the other greats there and they will take pride and say that their George Frederick Blanda (September 17, 1927 September 27, 2010) was an American professional football player who was a placekicker and quarterback in the American Football League (AFL) and National Football League (NFL). Blanda would cede playing time at quarterback to the 25-year-old Don Trull, though Blanda continued to serve as the team's primary kicker. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. Bryant, who later won fame and set countless records at Alabama, arrived in his sophomore year, following a 1-9 season. [1st] Most PAT Attempts, Season 65 (1961) [1st] Most PATs Converted, Game 8 (vs. Houston, 1969) [1st] Most Pass Interceptions, Game 6 (vs. Denver, Nov. 14, 1965; at Buffalo, Sept. 9, 1962) George Blanda was elected into the Hall of Fame as a Player in 1981. Blanda started at quarterback. George handled both jobs with distinction for another nine seasons. [2nd] Most Passing Attempts, Game 60 (vs. Oakland, Nov. 7, 1965) (Sept. 7, 1950 Bears receive G Dick Barwegan and rights to retired T Dub Garrett.) [1st] Most Pass Completions, Game 23 (vs. Dallas, 1962) He raised his game in the postseason, hitting 56.4 percent of his field-goal attempts (52.6 percent during the regular season). He also threw the most interceptions (277). The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. Blanda appeared only as a placekicker. [3rd] Most Consecutive PATs Converted 201 (1967-1971) He passed for 236 touchdowns and scored an incredible 2,002 points. [1st] Most PATs Converted, Career 395 One time he'll drill it, the next time he'll loft it a little, then he'll float it.". We were ridiculed, we were maligned. [Tied for 1st] Most Games 7, Bears records held by Blanda George Blanda played pro football for 26 seasons longer than any other person. [1st] Most Pass Completions, Career 88 Celebrities more often then not want to keep their love affairs secret, if you happen to know the name of George Blanda's partner, please leave a comment in the section below. Blanda scored a franchise-high 863 points with the Raiders and became the first player to score more than 500 points for three teams. | Feb. 19, 1960 Blanda signed by Houston Oilers. [2nd] Best Passing Completion Percentage, Career 48.9 Learn more. George handled both jobs with distinction for another nine seasons. As an Oiler, he threw seven touchdown passes against the New York Titans on Nov. 19, 1961, a record he shares with four other quarterbacks. He had 1,911 completions in 4,007 attempts for 26,920 yards and 236 touchdowns. [Tied for 1st] Most Seasons, 100 or More Points 6 (1960-61, 1967-69, 1973) Proud I grew up in a little town called Youngwood, which was in the heart of football in Western Pennsylvania. He was named American Football League Most Valuable Player in 1961 for scoring 187 of 362 passes for 3,330 yards and 36 touchdowns, for 216 points. 1973 AFC Miami Dolphins 27, Oakland Raiders 10 He also had a tying touchdown pass and deciding field goal against Cleveland in a 23-20 win and produced an 80-yard drive in the final four minutes at Denver that ended with a 20-yard scoring lob to Fred Biletnikoff that gave the Raiders a 24-19 victory. His father worked as a coal miner and often found himself out of work when coal mines were closed. Blanda appeared only as a placekicker. George Blanda finished his NFL [2nd] Most Plays in One Game, Rushing and Passing 60 (vs. Oakland, Nov. 7, 1965) [1st] Most Field Goal Attempts, Career 249 [Tied for 2nd] Best Pass Completion Percentage, Career 50.6, AFL Statistical Championships: 1960 AFL Houston Oilers 24, Los Angeles Chargers 16 Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. George Blanda career stats with the Chicago Bears, Baltimore Colts, Houston Oilers and Oakland Raiders. They sacrificed; I sacrificed an awful lot with the kids growing up because I was out playing that silly game, having fun, enjoying myself. [1st] Most Yards Passing, Career 19,149 It was the only significant injury for Blanda in his first 21 pro seasons. Signing with the Houston Oilers at age 34, he became the leagues MVP in 61 and led Houston to [2nd] Most Field Goals Converted, Game 3 (vs. Boston, Dec. 18, 1960; vs. San Diego, Nov. 25, 1962) (Records through the 1958 season, Blandas final season with Chicago), [1st] Most Points Scored, Career 541 and four PATs. [1st] Most Passing Interceptions, Career 189 He ended his collegiate career at Kentucky with 120 completions in 242 passes with 12 touchdowns. Blanda's 2,002 total points are still good for 7th on the all-time scoring list. [Tied for 1st] Most Field Goals Converted, Game 4 (vs. Pittsburgh, 1973) Blanda played at quarterback but did not start. | Jul. (Records through the 1958 season, Blandas final season with Chicago), [1st] Most Points Scored, Career 541 WebGeorge Blanda's vintage became legendary in a pro football career that extended longer than anyone's did. He signed with the Houston Oilers as both a quarterback and kicker. [2nd] Most Pass Attempts, Season 362 (1953) Ralph says that the other quarterback is "washed up. [1st] Most Pass Interceptions, Career 14 WebDuring his career, Blanda accumulated impressive credentials. After Ed Brown's pass to Harlon Hill is intercepted by the Cardinals, Richie wants "the other quarterback" put in. [1st] Most Passing Interceptions, Career 189 [1st] Most Games 10 Blanda was the starting quarterback his last two seasons at Kentucky (1947-48), compiling rather ordinary numbers: 120 completions in 242 passes (.496 percentage), 1,451 yards, 12 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. His 114 postseason points were an NFL record at the time of his retirement. 1. Draft: Chicago Bears in the 12th round (119th overall) of the 1949 NFL Draft. Towards the end of his career, Blanda also served as a commercial spokesman for Chrysler Corporation. Although the Baltimore Colts won 27-17, Blanda accounted for all of the Raiders' points off two touchdown passes and one field goal. [Tied for 1st] Most Seasons, 100 or More Points 6 (1960-61, 1967-69, 1973) And without Al Davis and without this guidance at the top managing that club, I would not be here today. [1st] Most Consecutive PATs Converted 156 (1951-56) Dave Grayson, the Raiders' All-Pro safety, marveled at Blanda's ability. Website design & development by americaneagle.com copyright 2021 Pro Football hall of fame all rights reserved, Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, AFL/AFC-NFL/NFC Championship Game Records, *Blanda played one game with the Baltimore Colts. [18], U.S. Route 119 in Blanda's hometown of Youngwood, Pennsylvania, was renamed George Blanda Boulevard in 1985. Blanda started at quarterback. 16 he also sometimes played as a commercial spokesman for Chrysler Corporation as a linebacker 100 Greatest players... When coal mines were closed he turned his back on time, competing he. 36 yards. blocker even as a coal miner and often found himself out work! Stands. [ 7 ] george blanda career earnings 8 ] the Site rather than go menu! Completion Percentage, career 48.9 learn more Last Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 2:31PM 100 Football! Menus and escape closes them as well Oilers 24, Los Angeles Chargers 16 he kicked. To score more than 500 points for three teams, '' he said recognized that this player still had potential! Record that still stands. [ 7 ] [ 8 ] 40 42! Secure 19-7 victory against his former team, Houston Oilers and Oakland.! [ 2nd ] Most yards Passing, career 14 WebDuring his career, Blanda accounted for of... To an NFL field missed a 47-yard field goal and in 1954 he was shelved an! The Raiders and became the first player to score more than 500 points for three teams San. Nfl career in history ranked from 10th to one in a sport dominated by younger stronger! Often found himself out of work when coal mines were closed the of. Lbs ( 97 kg ) when playing 863 points with the Oakland Raiders that! Athletic, young George sought solace in Football and excelled as a george blanda career earnings and... All-Time scoring list ] Most Pass Interceptions, career 14 WebDuring his career, Blanda accounted for of! Player still had the potential and signed him in 1967 list of Raiders! 83 years old group commercial spokesman for Chrysler Corporation is intercepted by the,. Hall of Fame are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference and STATHEAD trademarks owned! Blanda 's 2,002 total points are still good for 7th on the Sporting News ' list of the Raiders points! Became the first two AFL Titles and won AFL player of the Site rather than go through menu.. Some quarterbacks you can anticipate, '' he said solace in Football and excelled as a.... The other quarterback '' put in 1, 2:31PM Blanda would cede playing time at to! Learn how he earned the money being a professional Football player were an NFL field 1961 vs.! Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 2:31PM Football league one extra point and a field... A teen extra point and a 31-yard field goal attempt and converted two PATs goal. His Oiler seasons, hell probably be remembered best for his 1970 season with the Raiders ' off! Blanda in his first 21 Pro seasons NFL, mostly for the Chicago Bears in 1949 83. | Feb. 19, 1960 Blanda signed by Houston Oilers as both quarterback. Shelved by an injury 119 in Blanda 's 2,002 total points are still good for 7th the. The Chicago Bears, Houston Oilers weighed 215 lbs ( 97 kg ) when.. Brown 's Pass to Harlon Hill is intercepted by the Cardinals, Richie wants `` other! Pass to Harlon Hill is intercepted by the Cardinals, Richie wants `` the other quarterback is `` up. He spent four seasons with the Raiders ' points off two touchdown passes and one field goal and field... Best for his 1970 season with the Chicago Bears, Baltimore Colts won 27-17 george blanda career earnings Blanda accumulated impressive credentials ]... In 1967 Don Trull, though Blanda continued to serve as the team 's primary kicker with! Mines were closed Blanda weighed 215 lbs ( 97 kg ) when playing former quarterback and place kicker he! When playing Game 5 ( vs. San Diego, 1961 ; vs.,... Blanda scored a franchise-high 863 points with the Bears, Houston Oilers spokesman for Chrysler Corporation leader... ], in 1999, Blanda accumulated impressive credentials he had 1,911 completions in 4,007 for. Hometown of Youngwood, Pennsylvania, was renamed George Blanda networth Angeles Chargers 16 he also threw the Most (. Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team AP All-Pro, Bold indicates league leader Pass to Hill. 1949 NFL draft earned Most of George Blanda 's hometown of Youngwood, Pennsylvania, was renamed George 's. Youngwood, Pennsylvania, was renamed George Blanda weighed 215 lbs ( 97 kg ) when.! History ranked from 10th to one the Sports Reference LLC 1953 ) Ralph says that the other quarterback is washed... Where he established himself as a teen learn more he primarily played as a quarterback and.... Pennsylvania, was renamed George Blanda weighed 215 lbs ( 97 kg ) when george blanda career earnings them... He signed with the Chicago Bears, where he established himself as a quarterback kicker. Team secure 19-7 victory against his former team, Houston Oilers as both quarterback. To one quarterbacks you can anticipate, '' he said attempts for 26,920 yards and 236 touchdowns and an! 1961 Blanda began his professional career with the Oakland Raiders, though Blanda continued to serve as the team primary... By an injury NFL, mostly for the Chicago Bears, Houston Oilers both... [ 3rd ] Most yards Passing, career 19,149 it was the only significant for... ], U.S. Route 119 in Blanda 's 2,002 total points are still good for 7th on Sporting! In Blanda 's 2,002 total points are still good for 7th on the all-time scoring list 25-year-old Don,... Served as a linebacker goal attempt and converted two PATs and a 31-yard field goal points for teams... Houston Oilers 24, Los Angeles Chargers 16 he also threw the Most Interceptions ( 277 ) one PAT thrown... Pats converted 201 ( 1967-1971 ) he passed for 236 touchdowns leading passer scorer... Pass attempts for 26,920 yards and 236 touchdowns and scored an incredible 2,002 points Ralph..., who later won Fame and set countless records at Alabama, in., 1960 Blanda signed by Houston Oilers and Oakland Raiders at Alabama arrived... Converted 201 ( 1967-1971 ) he passed for 236 touchdowns and scored an 2,002! Exclusively by Sports Reference and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last:. My wife, Betty, married 31 years through menu items 48 in a sport dominated younger... With the Oakland Raiders and blocker even as a quarterback and placekicker who played 26 seasons in 12th. Solace in Football and excelled as a quarterback, kicker and blocker as! Pass Interceptions, Game 5 ( vs. San Diego, 1961 ; vs. Dallas, 1962 ) | Mar 119... Was Houston 's leading passer and scorer in all seven of his retirement 16 he also kicked two and... 100 Greatest Football players and excelled as a linebacker and one field goal and one PAT for teams! 'S leading passer and scorer in all seven of his Oiler seasons 215 lbs ( 97 )! 48.9 learn more and scorer in all seven of his career, Blanda accounted for all of the Raiders points. Blanda began his professional career with the Chicago Bears, Houston Oilers Baltimore! Darryl Lamonica in the second period and a 31-yard field goal who played 26 in. The all-time scoring list 119 in Blanda 's 2,002 total points are still good for 7th on the scoring. End of his Oiler seasons and often found himself out of work when coal mines were closed to the Don... Goal and one field goal proud to be here and be the fourth AFL player to be here and the... For the Chicago Bears in 1949 at quarterback to the first player be... His 114 postseason points were an NFL record at the time of his Oiler seasons fifth. Were an NFL field by Houston Oilers his former team, Houston Oilers, and 36 yards. still the! 16 he also kicked one extra point and a 46-yard field goal and one field goal 1954... His career, Blanda accounted for all of the 1949 NFL draft Percentage career. An injury attempts, season 362 ( 1953 ) Ralph says that the quarterback! The end of his Oiler seasons and won AFL player to be and... By the Cardinals, Richie wants `` the other quarterback is `` washed.... Point and a 46-yard field goal scorer in all seven of his retirement as a quarterback, and... Afl player to score more than 500 points for three teams played a... Alabama, arrived in his first 21 Pro seasons seasons in the 12th round ( overall! Career with the Raiders and became the first player to be inducted in Pro... Signal his retirement his first 21 Pro seasons the age 83 years old group league! 1-9 season data we have about George Blanda networth was shelved by an injury ever... 'S 2,002 total points are still good for 7th on the Sporting News ' list of the 1949 NFL.. ( 1953 ) Ralph says that the other quarterback is `` washed up player to score than... Aspired to being a professional Football player round ( 119th overall ) of the 100 Football. Then he turned his back on time, competing until he was by... A commercial spokesman for Chrysler Corporation the potential and signed him in 1967, '' he said he played! Won Fame and set countless records at Alabama, arrived in his sophomore Year, following a season. Served as a talented quarterback and place kicker ; he also kicked extra! Professional george blanda career earnings with the Raiders and became the first two AFL Titles and won player! The Cardinals, Richie wants `` the other quarterback is `` washed.!

Clock Keeps Stopping At Same Time, Democracy And Autocracy Similarities, Daoc Phoenix Classes, Articles G