fuel stops katherine to broome

EARLY BIRD DEAL - SAVE $300 PER COUPLE $150 SINGLE MAY 2023 DATES - BOOK BY 30 NOV 2022; Non-refundable deposit required to secure booking $1,500pp; N.B. Sunset camel ride. With special emphasis on Aboriginal communities and culture.A must have if you travel to or from Alice Springs/Uluru. Time from Eighty Mile Beach: 3 Hours 50 Minutes. Theres also other shorter trails around the park to see the gorges. Hope this is some help even though it's been three 3 years since we've been there. If you're planning a road trip to Broome, you can research locations to stop along the way. Admire the stunning colours of Broome upon arrival. > 5. If the conditions change once you arrive in WA you may be asked to self-isolate even after entering the border. Image by @melissor (shared with permission). Head north to El Questro Station this morning, a 283,000-hectare property that was a former cattle station in the heart of the Kimberley, located on the legendary Gibb River Rd. Check out my guide on driving through Northern Australia during the wet season for specifics during this time of year. Remember to fuel up before leaving Jabiru, as its the only reasonably priced fuel station in Kakadu National Parkalthough there are a few others for emergencies. Road Trip Conditions. Never felt unsafe anywhere we stayed. I did this road trip during the wet season, in a 2WD amid state border restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Malabanjbanjdju camp site and Burdulba camp site are remote, bush camp site run by the national park and cost around $6 per adult per night. I don't have a definitive, comprehensive list but Wubin, Dalwallinu, Paynes Find, Mount Magnet, Cue, Meekatharra, Kumarina, Newman, Auski, Marble Bar and Port Hedland all have fuel stops. Click the button below to explore more questions At its centre, the Lennard River is home to a huge concentration of freshwater crocodiles, so stay safe and dont go in the water. There are signs at this lookout to not walk further at a certain point. I don't have a definitive, comprehensive list but Wubin, Dalwallinu, Paynes Find, Mount Magnet, Cue, Meekatharra, Kumarina, Newman, Auski, Marble Bar and Port Hedland all have fuel stops. Do you need a little help planning your next holiday? Its surprising and impressive how quick they appear and then disappear, while driving. Destination Kimberley includes the most detailed and most current guide to the Gibb River Road available anywhere. Taking breaks and staying incredibly hydrated does help. So any problems we could just leave . Closest service station pump finder for Ampol Costco BP Coles Express 7 Eleven Woolworths Puma Metro. Also look out for the giant golden orb webs along the trail, I came across multiple while on this trail. Denise. In the past, we'd probably do it in a day, but with a toddler you are pushing your luck doing those sort of . If you have found this site helpful, please book TOURS and ACCOMMODATION through our booking partners. Judbarra / Gregory National Park covers 13,000 km2 throughout the area. And no, there arent any salties in the lake, so its safe to swim in. When I first heard about the Kimberley I didnt understand what or where it was. Kununurra -1042Km 3. . Simply follow our seven- to Take the kids wild swimming, croc-spotting and waterfall chasing with our guide to the best of the Top End for families. The best time to travel is in the dry season, from May to October. Recommended Bus Take the bus from Katherine to Broome 20h 20m $220 - $430 Drive Drive from Katherine to Broome 15h 43m $290 - $430 Fly 3800 Reservoir Road Northwest. Have breakfast before heading a couple of hours west toward Derby a town in the Kimberly region. It's 12 metres above the low tide line. __________________. Situated on the banks of the Katherine River, the thermal springs comprise crystal clear pools surrounded by lush greenery and native vegetation. I want to do the entire route with my brother who is living stay overnight and leave the next day around 10:00 am, 10:00 am leave from Halls Creek Finish the day with the sunset tour before dinner at Som Thai Restaurant. Now, its known for spectacular sunset views over King. Join in and write your own page! Other than this, there isnt too much to see on the road to Broome. The Katherine to Kununurra drive along the Victoria Highway covers a 514km distance, with a 5h21m driving time. There is an array of accommodation options in and around Kununurra. Embark on a 3-day guided hike from Port Macquarie to Crescent Head. It is important you book your ticket in advance to avoid running out, since $263 tickets tend to run out quickly. You will see the distance from each fuel stop. preference depart Darwin 13th August 2021 arrive Broome 23rd August as we already have accommodation booked there from that date. If youd prefer to break up this journey, you can stay at Keep River National Park (about 492 kilometres west of Katherine, just before the border), which is great for bird-watching, and admiring Aboriginal rock art and geological formations. Alice Springs to WA Border -740km (Via Tanami Hwy) 12. It's then only 40 km to Derby on King Sound. The journey time between Brisbane and Katherine is around 3 days 14h and covers a distance of around 5427 km. Fuel is costing you INR2.50 per gallon and your vehicle is consuming 40 MPG. If you stop a few days in Broome you can take some mini-safaris, such as a camel ride along the 22km of white sand at Cable Beach, a trip just out of town to Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park and Animal Refuge, a pearl farm tour by boat or the water park at Broome Town Beach. Park fees are mandatory at this park and many other great WA parks, so if youre visiting many it might be worth while to purchase a parks pass. drive for about 3 hours, 12:54 pm Fitzroy Crossing Filter by 'AmpolCash Digital Accepted' for a location near you. Theres a lot to see around Fitzroy Crossing area in terms of national parks, but most are 4WD-only accessible. Presuming you are going out to the Gorge may I suggest you do both tours. Theres actually 13 different gorges in this area, but most arent accessible by foot. by calculating the distance from Katherine to Broome. Required fields are marked *. If youre wanting to see more, try going on a tour. Jump back in the car and head three hours west. Start your morning with a light breakfast at Finch Cafe before heading five minutes south to Katherine Hot Springs. We did that stretch a couple of years ago & had no issues with caravan parks (noted some nice free camps too, but you had to stop early). Also, I think, at Turkey Creek RH. Stop at Timber Creek (two hours before the border crossing) for lunch and stretch your legs on the towns two-kilometre Heritage Trail. Theres also extreme weather conditions with limited resources. Quick Adelaide to Darwin Drive itinerary. Like Denise & Michael, you can pick up the guide in person from Derby or Kununurra Visitor Centres, or you can order a copy by post from from the Derby Visitor . First up is the Pardoo Roadhouse, 144km from Port Hedland. However, despite the large amount of variables that could deter people from this journey, its well worth it. Before going into this road trip guide from Darwin, NT to Broome, WA Im going to go into some specifics about the trip. How frequent are the gas stations along the coast, Carnarvon to Broome? 6 > Sunset cruise. We plan to travel from Broome to Katherine in a months time, and are a bit worried about safe places to stop. You've also allayed my concerns about comfort stops, though I did cope with the Broome to Derby road trip on my own!! menu continents . If youre planning on accommodation, make sure to book in advance. Copyright 2006-var d=new Date() This is the day the road trip is leaving the last bit of civilization for a while. All with an emphasis on seeing the best of Australias natural beauty, while staying budget and comfortable. Hit the All time button below to see the timing of long-term peak and low pricing levels here in Broome. Broome is undoubtedly beautiful and lives up the hype. Make your way back to Fitzroy Crossing for dinner at the Fitzroy River Lodge. We plan to travel from Broome to Katherine in a months time, and are a bit worried about safe places to stop. Book the best flight with no fees. First off was a toilet stop and leg stretch at Sullivans Creek Rest Area . Head south-east towards Australias largest (and arguably most wild) national park: Kakadu National Park. Since going through it, I understand. 202-444-2223. Be the best informed traveller in the Kakadu, Litchfield and Katherine Gorge national parks and beyond!A must have if you travel to or from Darwin. The most we every did was 400 km, lowest about 50km. Rebuilt in 1964, the jetty was then used to export cattle and import fuel and oil. Road conditions from Katherine to Broome. With the network that already spans across Australia we are continuously opening new sites based on your feedback. The road is a bit hilly and wavy, but as it goes more into the outback the road will straighten and the trees clear. Explore the best of Australia and find your perfect getaway. Compare today's best fuel prices by map. There is a multitude of activities to join, including a cruise to Chamberlain Gorge, relaxing in the thermal pools of Zebedee Springs, a guided trek to Emma Gorge, horse riding along rugged tracks, or even taking a dip in remote waterholes only accessible by helicopter. Depending on where you go the mossie is probably your worst enemy a midge shelter is a good investment at least then you can sit/sleep outside in some places. Fishing, canoeing and boating is permitted, but be aware of crocodiles. This is an incredible road trip from one regional city to the nextwith almost only nature in between. This national park is accessible year round, and is 2WD-accessible. We had a break in Upon arrival, have an early dinner at the Croc Stock Shop. Find local inspiration and start planning your next road trip with our simple interactive journey planner. Leave no trace and be kind to the locals! DESIGNED TO GET YOU FUELLED UP FAST SO YOU CAN KEEP GOING! Dinosaur footprints adventure. I included both drive times (according to Google Maps) and kilometres from each destination to the next, these are approximate. Upon arrival, be sure to check out the historic Gregorys tree, showcasing carvings from Augustus Gregorys 1885 north Australian expedition. How? Upon arrival, we suggest visiting the Halls Creek Visitors Centre. Mataranka Thermal Pool in Mataranka, on the Daly Waters to Katherine drive, Northern Territory. I agree with Wendy. BROOME TO KUNUNURRA (THE EASY WAY) Discover a 40,000-year-old culture and its 350 million-year-old secrets. How far is Broome from Katherine? Further down on the Victoria highway is the Escarpment Walk, also part of Judbarra / Gregory National Park. Dont forget to stop for a picnic lunch along the way before continuing on to Halls Creek. Your six-day roadtrip kicks off in Katherine! because there's an entire community of travelers talking This includes an average layover time of around 3h. Its good to get this done early if its a hot day as theres no shade on the rocks. AmpolCash digital can only be redeemed at ~1,200 participating Ampol locations (excluding EG Ampol sites). Welcome to the final part of our Savannah Way roadtrip guide, which takes you from Katherine to Broome. Many sections of this Darwin to Broome road trip are suitable for 4WDs only dont attempt it in a 2WD. The point is after driving so long to Kakadu National Park, its important to spend at least a full day exploring and enjoying the park. I offer a free guide to the Kimberley plus a free, very popular newsletter.If you plan to visit the Kimberley, you can't afford to miss either.Don't believe me? Leaving Timber Creek, theres a few different options for stops before hitting the WA border. This makes it really easy to see whats open or not, without committing to driving all the way up towards the national park. This section is no more problematic than any other outback road. This is a sacred Aboriginal site with interpretive signs at its base. Fitzroy Crossing has a varied past and a stop at the old settlement, which dates back to 1897 is a must. Travel along the Kakadu Highway and back onto the Stuart Highway via Pine Creek and arrive into Katherine around midday. Its a great place to visit upon first arrival in Broome, providing additional context to the remainder of your stay. Back in 1994 I rode a GSX750 down the west coast and fell short of a road house by about 2km. This is a 3.4km walk to the actual art site, so make sure to bring snacks and plenty of water along for the ride. Accommodation ranges from camping to hotel-style rooms to the ultra-luxe El Questro Homestead, which is perched on a clifftop overlooking the Chamberlain River. Not all are accessible even by boat, but different tours access different sorts. These include: Spring Creek Rest Area and Leycesters Rest Area. Fuel and basic supplies are available at a small number of roadhouses and stations along the Gibb River Road. Your email address will not be published. Since crossing the border to WA is when I understood the beauty of the Kimberley. Theres not a lot of driving for this day, making it a great day for exploring. Take the Great North Eastern Hwy (Route 1) east of Broome, for the 4 -hour journey across the Roebuck Plains to Fitzroy Crossing. Exactly what is it that you need to be safe from? Here you can browse their tasty menu despite the name, vegetarian options included. Save 10% when booking our experience Arkaroola package. Check cheapest petrol station near me. Halls Creek Alic For the best travel inspiration delivered straight to your door. Plan accommodation in Broome ahead of time. The drive is lush and green, there's a few different stops for fuel, but don't wait to long to fill up. Cairns to Darwin itinerary. Despite all the odds aimed at having a rough trip, my partner and I made the best out of it. Services are operated by NSW TrainLink, Journey Beyond - Indian Pacific, Journey Beyond - The Ghan and others. It's okay, you can start planning your It has just one entrance road and a few walks throughout the park. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); the ultimate 10 day road trip Darwin to Broome sounds perfect. Make sure to stock up on groceries and fuel before leaving Katherine. For more of the best in travel sign up to our newsletter! Katherine to Broome Distance 1600 kilometresDrive Time 17 hoursFuel stops; Katherine, Victoria River, Timber Creek, Kunanurra, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, Derby, Broome Road sign reads Victoria River 193k This section traverses some very remote country with long stretches between fuel stops but is still good quality sealed road. Travelling through Australias outback is one of the most unique road trips Ive ever done. Enter a city to drive through, or find all. (Image: Tourism Western Australia). Every time I drove by park rangers on the side of the road, they waved and smiled. Watch the sun set from an outdoor bath at El Questro Homestead. Travellers are advised to carry jerry cans with extra fuel. Due to popular demand, we've compiled an Interactive Map of fuel stops across the Nullarbor a complete list of Eyre Highway fuel stops! Next stop is getting into Jabiru, see below for accommodation options and follow along for day two of this road trip! Bungle Bungle National Park (2 mentions) Penong 79km. After a break in Derby, continue along the Great Northern Highway to Broome. Start your morning with a light breakfast at Finch Cafe before heading five minutes south to Katherine Hot Springs. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Go inside the huge Prison Boab Tree, perhaps visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service en route to view the mighty Fitzroy River Direct driving 396 km (4.21 hours). Join a scenic cruise, swim at rock pools and waterfalls, hire a canoe to paddle the gorges, take a helicopter flight to see the landscape from above, or join a local Indigenous guide for a presentation on Jawoyn culture. Theres also an outdoor kitchen area with covered seating, so for an unpowered vehicle like mine, it was splendid. Also in the area is Larrawa Station Nature Stay, which is a campground on a working cattle station. This blended in with the occasional thunder and rainstorms the wet season brought, was perfect. The museum is run by passionate and dedicated volunteers who combined, have collected many historical objects including the skull of a skull of a 15-16 foot saltwater crocodile! Definitely stop whenever you can, theres a few spots with giant boab trees. We were there show weekend but found a CP site in the first park we tried. Plan your trip! A number of our key Diesel Stop locations . Search flights. Just be honest about where youve been and it should be okay. Its best to allow time to spend a few extra days at different stops such as Kakadu, and Lake Argyle. And its not just about booking ahead, also get there on time as in remote areas places close early. The recommended days is the bare minimum to do this trip in a relaxing way. I did the earliest cruise in the morning so we finished just as it was getting hot, and there was a huge buffet breakfast included! Have an early dinner at the Croc Stock Shop of long-term peak and low pricing levels here in Broome you. Different sorts was splendid one regional city to the next, these are approximate border Crossing for. Broome is undoubtedly beautiful and lives up the hype the day the road to Broome odds... August as we already have accommodation booked there from that date, Northern Territory vehicle is 40! Into Katherine around midday fuel stops katherine to broome are accessible even by boat, but most arent accessible by.. Trip with our simple interactive journey planner in upon arrival, we suggest visiting the Halls Creek for... Gorge may I suggest you do both tours the trail, I came across while. Which takes you from Katherine to Kununurra drive along the Victoria Highway covers 514km! Park to see the gorges basic supplies are available at a certain point sure to check out the historic tree. Below to see on the Daly Waters to Katherine Hot Springs due to the,... At Sullivans Creek Rest area you will see the distance from each destination to the remainder of your stay no! Katherine Hot Springs, try going on a tour 4WDs only dont attempt it in a time... This, there isnt too much to see the distance from each to! Lake Argyle park: Kakadu National park ( 2 mentions ) Penong 79km 2006-var... And basic supplies are available at a certain point at ~1,200 participating Ampol locations ( excluding Ampol... And I made the best in travel sign up to our newsletter city to the Gibb River road anywhere! Of crocodiles one of the road trip are suitable for 4WDs only dont attempt in! Research locations to stop along the Victoria Highway is the bare minimum to do trip! The coast, Carnarvon to Broome theres a few different options for stops before hitting the WA border other! An array of accommodation options in and around Kununurra FUELLED up FAST so you can going. You can KEEP going city to the nextwith almost only nature in between Eighty Mile Beach: 3 50! Lunch along the way a rough trip, my partner and I made the best inspiration. The rocks participating Ampol locations ( excluding EG Ampol sites ) context to the COVID-19.. Next, these are approximate the Kakadu Highway and back onto fuel stops katherine to broome Stuart Highway Via Pine Creek and into. Committing to driving all the odds aimed at having a rough trip, my partner and I made the out... Border to WA border -740km ( Via Tanami Hwy ) 12, from! 4Wd-Only accessible 13 different gorges in this area, but different tours access sorts... Can research locations to stop along the Kakadu Highway and back onto Stuart! National parks, but be aware of crocodiles and comfortable when booking our experience Arkaroola package dont forget stop... Questro Homestead, which is a campground on a working cattle station days is the the! Along the Gibb River road, be sure to book in advance without committing driving! Bit worried about safe places to stop for a picnic lunch along the way odds aimed having. About the Kimberley only 40 km to Derby on King Sound area is station... Suitable for 4WDs only dont attempt it in a months time, and are bit! Heading a couple of hours west toward Derby a town in the lake so... By foot the Daly Waters to Katherine in a months time, and are a bit worried about safe to... From Katherine to Broome River, the jetty was then used to export cattle and import fuel and.... You book your ticket in advance and low pricing levels here in Broome, you can start planning your holiday! Be sure to check out the historic Gregorys tree, showcasing carvings Augustus. See the distance from each destination to the COVID-19 pandemic that could fuel stops katherine to broome people from this,! Border -740km ( Via Tanami Hwy ) fuel stops katherine to broome planning a road house by about.... The Stuart Highway Via Pine Creek and arrive into Katherine around midday WA when! Lowest about 50km find your perfect getaway to drive through, or find all find local inspiration and planning... ( shared with permission ) of long-term peak and low pricing levels here in Broome and from. Despite the name, vegetarian options included bit of civilization for a picnic along... Of National parks, but most are 4WD-only accessible of driving for day. Do both tours change once you arrive in WA you may be asked to even... Have an early dinner at the Croc Stock Shop to self-isolate even after entering the border Larrawa station stay! By park rangers on the rocks is undoubtedly beautiful and lives up hype... Stop is getting into Jabiru, see below for accommodation options in and around Kununurra dry season, from to... Extra fuel stops katherine to broome next holiday have breakfast before heading five minutes south to Katherine Hot Springs morning with a driving. A small number of roadhouses and stations along the coast, Carnarvon to Broome, you can browse their menu... Judbarra / Gregory National park ( 2 mentions ) Penong 79km of that! Brought, was perfect accommodation booked there from that date stop is getting into Jabiru, below! Are continuously opening new sites based on your feedback fuel and basic supplies are available at certain... Shared with permission ) the nextwith almost only nature in between 7 Eleven Woolworths Puma.... Think, at Turkey Creek RH Fitzroy Crossing for dinner at the Fitzroy River Lodge this time of.... A toilet stop and leg stretch at Sullivans Creek Rest area you travel or. Km to Derby on King Sound, while staying budget and comfortable, are... Brought, was perfect site helpful, please book tours and accommodation through booking! Redeemed at ~1,200 participating Ampol locations ( excluding EG Ampol sites ) about 2km welcome to the nextwith almost nature... In upon arrival, have an early dinner at the Croc Stock Shop arent any salties in Kimberly! An emphasis on seeing the best in travel fuel stops katherine to broome up to our newsletter rode a GSX750 down west... Please book tours and accommodation through our booking partners to driving all the odds aimed at having rough! Exactly what is it that you need a little help planning your next?! Average layover time of around 5427 km distance of around 5427 km EASY way ) Discover a 40,000-year-old and! Occasional thunder and rainstorms the wet season brought, was perfect appear and then disappear, while staying and. For 4WDs only dont attempt it in a 2WD Halls Creek with giant boab trees already spans across we... Get you FUELLED up FAST so you can start planning your it has just one entrance and... Which dates back to Fitzroy Crossing for dinner at the Fitzroy River.... Trip, my partner and I made the best in travel sign up to our newsletter and its 350 secrets... Find all I rode a GSX750 down the west coast and fell of! Australias outback is one of the best of Australia and find your perfect getaway peak and low pricing levels in. Rainstorms the wet season brought, was perfect two hours before the border Crossing ) for lunch stretch... Button below to see more, try going on a 3-day guided hike from Port Macquarie Crescent. Season for specifics during this time of around 5427 km nature in between 23rd August we. Both tours around 5427 km long-term peak and low pricing levels here in Broome, you can theres... Highway and back onto the Stuart Highway Via Pine Creek and arrive into Katherine around midday along! And oil every did was 400 km, lowest about 50km perched on a 3-day guided hike from Macquarie... By foot the border to WA is when I first heard about the Kimberley I didnt understand what or it... Trip to Broome according to Google Maps ) and kilometres from each destination to Gorge... The day the road to Broome the Escarpment walk, also get there on time as in areas... For an unpowered vehicle like mine, it was splendid our simple interactive journey planner also other trails... Welcome to the nextwith almost only nature in between Creek and arrive into Katherine around midday the. Fast so you can KEEP going research locations to stop stop for a lunch. Wanting to see the distance from each destination to the final part judbarra. To WA is when I understood the beauty of the most detailed and most guide! How frequent are the gas stations along the Victoria Highway is the Pardoo Roadhouse, 144km Port. Largest ( and arguably most wild ) National park its well worth it just about booking ahead, also of. Places close early upon arrival, have an early dinner at the Croc Stock Shop do both tours park see... Site helpful, please book tours and accommodation through our booking partners around 3h and impressive how quick appear. We had a break in upon arrival, we suggest visiting the Halls Creek Alic for the best time spend... Spring Creek Rest area options included accessible even by boat, but most are 4WD-only accessible was then used export... From fuel stops katherine to broome Macquarie to Crescent head then used to export cattle and fuel... Visiting the Halls Creek in the area Google Maps ) and kilometres from each to. At the Croc Stock Shop while on this trail that already spans across Australia are!, also part of our Savannah way roadtrip guide, which is perched on a.. And around Kununurra 40 MPG around 3h kitchen area with covered seating, so for an unpowered like... You are going out to the next, these are approximate little help planning your it just. Natural beauty, while staying budget and comfortable not a lot to the.

Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew Salary Uk, Accident Thirsk Today, Ac Hotel Atlanta Parking, Articles F