dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat

Allow your finished piece to completely dry.Simply use our Blue Sponge to add a VERY thin layer of Gator Hide.Let it dry and after 2 hours, re-apply. I learned this the hard way! And in this post I share a Farmhouse Table Makeover Using Chalk Mineral Paint and Gel Stain. Abbey. I for one love Silk Paint. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Do you want a glossy or matte finish? Yes, you can use Best Dang Wax over our Clear Coat. Wipe away excess glaze or add more if necessary. Is it a piece of furniture that will be in a high-traffic area? (ie. document.write( new Date().getUTCFullYear() ); Dixie Belle Paint Company. You can use a dry brush to apply Gator Hide or you can use our Blue Sponge. XOXO,Tracey Do not use a vintage electrical or electronic item if its safety cannot be verified. Formula: Water-based, non-yellowing Finish: Gator Hide has a very low sheen, close to a matte finish. If I start on the right end of the piece, I begin each new stroke on the right end of the piece avoid going in a back and forth motion. using your mud spatula, spread the mud over you stencil. DIXIE BELLE GATOR HIDE is a water repellent clear coat. After Dixie Belle Paint Has Dried, place a stencil over your project and secure with adhesive or painters tape. I love Dixie Belle products As the wax finishes drying, it will become part of the piece. You can mix wax colors to make your own uniquely colored wax. Hi Selina! Apply one coat of Patina Paint, let dry. To use Gator Hide: Allow your finished piece to completely dry. Dixie Belle Products | Finishes- Gator Hide| Build-A-Cross Welcome to Build-A-Cross.com! How to use use Gator Hide Top Coat (water-repellent). Working in sections, use a chip brush or applicator pad and start applying the glaze to your liking. (If applying over metal, start with. When there is so much debate among furniture painters about which chalk paint topcoat is best, it is difficult to know what to choose! If you want to cover gold you might try picking up a primer like Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 Primer in white at your hardware store. The choices of chalk paint topcoat products, even when it comes to choosing a poly type of topcoat can be a bit confusing, but most people try a few and find their favorites. Happy painting! Any recommendations? This needs to be done within an hour after drying. 813-909-1962 Allow to dry for 2-3 hours. Bombshells and Flyguys Reimagined. Best Dang Wax is a water-based, creamy, smooth, and easy to use furniture wax. Allow at least two hours of dry time in between coats. Sit back and enjoy the magic, and watch the transformation begin! Dixie Belle Gator Hide Blue Sponge, Blue Sponge, Top Coat Applicator. Then I apply a second coat of Clear Satin. Read my full privacy and disclosure here. Dixie Belle "Gator Hide" from CHF 27.00 *A water repellent clear coat, Gator Hide is super tough, just as its name implies! I hope this helps. You can find that post here: Chalk Paint Furniture Makeovers Made Simple. Ive found that the Clear Satin is a little thicker than the Gator Hide, so it dries slower. For the smoothest finish try using our Blue Sponge with any of our clear coats or Gator Hide. Etsy offsets carbon emissions from shipping and packaging on this purchase. Protect your pieces with Dixie Belle clear coat ! ======DIXIE BELLE CLEAR COAT is a water-resistant polyacrylic top coat to provide durability and protection. I pull theClear Coat Satinin one direction with even pressure across the whole piece. Hope this helps! I have DB chalk paint in manatee gray and DB best dang wax in Grunge gray left over from a previous project. ? I like to apply in small sections usually running horizontally or vertically along the area I am working. Buffing that extra wax off will fix the problem. To wax or not to wax.before using Best Dang Wax (Grunge Gray) ~ Ive stained and chalk painted my coffee table. ? Voodoo is more translucent than the No Pain Gel Stain. Let dry. Use Dixie Belle Sanding Sponge to gently sand between coats Glaze also has a metallic sheen compared to a waxs matte look. You can also order online! Find your local retailer here to start shopping! Im planning on putting gator hide on the top (unless you think I should use something else). That gives me time to contact Dixie Belle and have the correct products sent to you. I agree that spray seems so much easier and probably less worry about brush strokes or streaking! Here is the Dixie Belle Gator Hide Blue Sponge: When you apply your poly topcoat, I recommend that you apply in a single layer, one section at a time, keeping a wet edge. You can also use some odorless mineral spirits to remove the wax, but I havent tried this. Build-A-Cross. For tips on how to apply a transfer check out this post: https://simplyrefinished.com/how-to-use-redesign-with-prima-transfers-on-furniture-and-decor/. Use the dixie Belle sponge for easy application. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. No need to sand. ), Apply Big Mamas Butta with a soft cloth, brush, or. Polys are a great topcoat, and if you google the debate of wax versus polyurethanes or poly-acrylics for chalk paint, youll see many proponents of polys. high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops, tabletops and outdoor furniture! Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Simply shake, mist over a small area, let it stand for 30 seconds, and then wipe!Creating a clear matte finish, its special formula provides a durable finish to repel dust, dirt, grime, and water! You can apply 1-3 coats of Gator Hide. Dixie Belle "Gator Hide" from CHF 27.00 Please contact customer service for additional assistance. Use it to make a raised stenciled embellishment to your piece. Dixie Belle Shine is a fun way to SHINE UP your piece. Darker colors usually need only one coat. Also you will want to avoid applying topcoats in the extremes of temperature or humidity. Its a good idea! I decided I want to wax them and want to know what would be the best clear or white wax. That might help me figure out what colors you have to choose from. see program terms. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information. Stay up to date with the latest Dixie Belle Paint news! After one or two coats of primer you could try another coat of oatmeal to see if that helps the coverage. TSP is very harmful to the environment so use it carefully. I'm sorry, orders can only cancelled up to 12 hours after your order was submitted. A pretty color is French Linen by Annie Sloan or Dixie Belle Driftwood and Dixie Belle Burlap are pretty too. Ad vertisement from shop GreenOnionVintage. Yes, you can use Best Dang Wax. Allow BOSS to sit overnight before painting. As with anything involving the kiddies, we recommend exercising caution when it comes to curious chewing Have a great day and happy painting! It truly is the best wax I have ever used! We have not tested Dixie Belle Paint products with other brands. Check out the finished piece here:. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Dixie Belle Gator Hide Topcoat-New at the best online prices at eBay! Unsere Bestenliste Mar/2023 Ausfhrlicher Produktratgeber Beliebteste Lego 41027 Aktuelle Angebote Preis-Le. Depending on where you live, the humidity could be increasing dry time. Apply in light coats to active the shade you want. Give the clear coat/paint a couple of hours to dry. Another helpful post: If you are looking on information on how to get a smooth finish with chalk paint, check out this post: https://simplyrefinished.com/how-to-get-a-smoother-finish-with-chalk-paint/. - Don't go back and forth multiple times over an area, rather apply a thin coat in one or tow passes. Waxes are very popular! Hope this helps. Gator Hide is Water Repellant and our rock hard finish will leave your projects beautiful for ages. Let it dry and after 2 hours, re-apply. Then, place the shine (shiny side up) on the area where youve placed the tacky goo. Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint Hi Janine! Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Hi Elizabeth! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!! Allow the layer over the Crackle to completely dry before applying the wax. Or is the oatmeal part an accent to the gold? FarmHouse Kitchens: Countertop and Cabinet Makeovers, Kitchen Makeover: Giani Paint Kit For Laminate Countertops, How to Apply Gel Stain For A Beautiful Tabletop Finish, Using Patina Paint To Easily Create An Aged Finish . Many colors give solid coverage in one coat, however, I usually apply two. ? Gator Hide is NON-yellowing and has a superior toughness that is perfect for your high traffic areas. I know humidity can be a factor, but what is the average cure time? So youve painted your entire piece of furniture and now you want to apply your top coat. How do you get a nice smooth furniture paint finish on the top of your furniture? My concern is brush strokes when applying with a brush. Wax comes in clear and colors to give you more finish options. Feb/2023: Lego 70815 - Detaillierter Ratgeber Die besten Lego 70815 Aktuelle Angebote Smtliche Testsieger Direkt les. Add Gator Hide to your chalk painted kitchen or bathroom cabinets for long lasting durability. Happy creating!! Allow to dry 12 hours and then lightly buff for a beautiful sheen. Will the furniture come in contact with water, such as in a kitchen or serving area? Do you want the topcoat to deepen or enrich the paint color? We suggest contacting the seller directly to respectfully share your concerns. And most recently, have you heard of Dixie Belles new Silk Paint? Dixie Belle Clear Coats and Gator Hide Other Great Options For A Chalk Paint Topcoat A few other good quality chalk paint poly topcoats are made by General Finishes. To use Gator Hide: Allow your finished. Rinse with warm water and use again and again. Yes! Is exposure to water a possibility? 0. They are super easy to apply and quick! A water repellent clear coat, Gator Hide is super tough, just as its name implies! After wax cures, can i use clear satin sealer. It can take up to 72 hours for the stain to completely dry. Many favor applying the topcoat with the Dixie Belle Blue Sponge. Apply with a quality synthetic bristle brush like a. Check out Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax here in clear and colors on Amazon. No wax required. Dixie Belle makes a great sponge, called the Blue Gator Hide Sponge, for applying topcoats. Wait until the stain is completely dry to apply topcoat. Each day for 30 days, I'll pop into your inbox with a thrifty before and after! its Dixie Belles Gator Hide. Should I sand lightly (maybe with 0000 steel wool) the topcoat before applying? This wax wipes on very smoothly, with no drag, and buffs to a beautiful sheen! This product is water repellent and really tough, and dont you just love that name! How to use Dixie Shine: (used with Tackey Goo & our Dixie Belle Brush). We encourage you to use your imagination! Home. It comes in 8 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz and gallon. Mix another 1/2 scoops, if using larger amounts of paint if needed. Also how thoroughly do you such sanding a piece of furniture befor painting? Applied clear Best Dang Wax next day. Can be applied directly from the bottle to your surface. You can use a little aerosol hairspray to speed up the process. What if I want to paint over a piece that Ive waxed? When I first started using chalk paint, I was only familiar with using a clear wax to seal and protect the finish. You can tint clear wax to be any paint color. Is the furniture more decorative or more functional? BOSS is available in Clear, White, and Gray! Hi Angela, Our Clear Coat is a water-resistant polyacrylic. Can be applied with a paintbrush. For more control, seal your finish with Clear Coat before applying glaze. See the bottom of this post for info. Dixie Belle Paint Company Gator Hide (16 oz) 1,129 $4045 ($2.53/Ounce) Get it as soon as Fri, Sep 16 FREE Shipping Small Business Dixie Belle Paint Company (Satin Clear Coat) Use with Chalk Finish Furniture Paint (16oz) 500 $3045 ($1.90/Ounce) Get it as soon as Fri, Sep 16 FREE Shipping Small Business Dixie Belle Paint Company (BOSS) (8oz, Clear) Divine theme by Restored 316, Easy Succulent Wall Decor from a Thrifted Tray . Available in Flat (matte), Satin (shinier), and Glossy (shiniest).How to Apply Clear Coat: Use a dry brush to apply a thin layer of Clear Coat. . That way you will know how long to let it dry before applying your next coat. This water-based poly-acrylic is designed for high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops, tabletops and outdoor furniture!To use Gator Hide: Allow your finished piece to completely dry. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. It helps support my business with no additional cost to you! After 2 hours, re-apply. . Use Dixie Bell Mud to fill veneer, gouges,scrapes or even holes. You can find my full disclosure policy here. Excellent quality! Top Rated Plus. This printable cheat sheet is available in my resource library along with other fun and helpful chalk painting and DIY tips and updates. Do Not Overwork It! I know many furniture painters use the paint sprayer to apply their topcoats. You can glaze over paint or over clear coat depending on the look you want. Hope this helps! Optimally use Gator Hide for heavily used furniture exposed to lots of traffic, water or scratches. Visit my online shop HERE and get FREE Shipping on orders over $50! Allow your finished piece to completely dry. Dixie Belle's Blue Sponge is the perfect applicator for our Chalk Mineral paint, Terra Clay paint, or Silk All-In-One paint. Provides some protection from water and scratches, but it is likely not the best option for a high-use surface, such as a tabletop. Give the clear coat/paint a couple of hours to dry. Can you tell me how well best dang wax works on metal. Once the Clear Satin is dry (it should take about an hour, depending on your weather conditions), I lightly rub over it once with a finishing pad to remove any debris. It will deepen the paint color just a bit, making it a bit richer. 34K views, 296 likes, 230 loves, 649 comments, 172 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Dixie Belle Paint Company: All about Gator Hide with Ajs Vintage Designs Join our community of artists and. The product labeling or website also typically offers recommendations on how many coats to apply, usually 2-3 coats. Simply shake (shake until you can no longer hear the liquid in the bottle), mist over a small area, let it stand for 30 seconds, and then wipe! I dont pour the Clear Satin into the bowl because it will pick up any residue on the rim of the jar. We dont recommend using Best Dang Wax on metal. No topcoat required (The built-in topcoat is compared to one coat of Clear Coat, so if you need more protection than that, you can use any of Dixie Belles topcoat options.). Available in Flat, Satin or Gloss finishes Clear Coat Flat is a dream come true! For more dimension, when dry, simply add another paint color (with or without Sea Spray) or glaze of your choice, then sand! Apply a second coat of Patina Paint and while still wet, spray. Really rub it there. https://porchdaydreamer.com/valspar-cabinet-furniture-enamel-review/. Simply brush on a thin layer of Gator Hide. Just like a day at the beach, Theres no wrong or right way to use Sea Spray!! Powered by Shopify, How To Use Dixie Belle Clear Coat & Gator Hide. Another good topcoat that I have recently tried is by Wise Owl. You can use all of our stains on painted or unpainted surfaces. Do not store it in a baggie. When you work so hard to paint furniture and make it look the way you want, protecting the finish is therefore quite important! Dry time varies. Hello You Designs. To use Gator Hide: Allow your finished piece to completely dry. Wax acts as a sealant and helps to add dimension, whereas Glaze is more translucent on a piece and is typically used to highlight. Apply another Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral paint color over the crackle. Low odor, Eco- friendly, and noncombustible, Use gloves to protect hands and apply with an. If youve ever painted furniture, you know the top is the most important part! Hello! You can buff with a soft cloth to get a nice shine and luster which makes your finished product feel very smooth and buttery. Otherwise your new paint may not stick as well. I love your channel, I loved it when you were holding baby. Rusty Cottage. Simply brush on a thin layer of Gator Hide. My Dixie Belle order is wrong. Use Dixie Belle Sanding Sponge to gently sand between coats Let it dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 VERY thin layers to get a water repellent finish! We like to use a form brush with Gator Hide. If you experience bleed-though, allow the first coat to dry overnight before recoating. I have recently chalk painted outdoor cushions a coral color. While chalk paint does not absolutely require a topcoat, it will certainly improve durability. If you do not want to see white come through, opt for the clear formula instead. Customer Gallery Build-A-Cross on Facebook WHOLESALE SIGNUP Shipping | Returns | Promotion Rules MDF & Pine Info! For additional protection, apply another coat after one hour. What do you think of the spray poly? Achieve a flat, matte finish and get an added layer of protection and durability! Im a proud Elite Dixie Belle and Redesign Transfer retailer, selling both locally and in my Etsy shop! I hope you find something here that inspires you! I recently Purchased the Beat Dang Wax for a top coat for a baby crib Im working on for a client. Gator Hide. Both stains can be applied with a lint free cloth or you can use a paint brush or paint sponge. A topcoat also provides a layer of protection from chipping, scratches, and other surface damage. This water-based poly-acrylic is designed for high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops, tabletops and outdoor furniture! Available in Flat, Satin, and Gloss sheens. . I wrote a blog post about Silk Paint here. Let it dry and after 2 hours, re-apply. Just wanted to give a shout out to Nicole @ Green Onion She was the BEST at resolving a shipping issue. Its best to wait this cure time before using the item heavily. Dixie belle gator hide instructions Discover all the best things to do in Dixie Belle, Orlando, FL This allows the staff to help provide guests with safety instructions, swim the Gator Wrestling How to seal painted furniture, Paste wax vs. Polyacrylic sealers I followed all instructions for waxing but still had major problems with streaks [] Dixie Belle Silk Paint All In One Mineral, 16 32oz, Same Day Free Ship Over $35. It is just the nature of doing it by hand. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. Estimated to arrive at your doorstep Mar 9-17! (813)909-1962. The furniture can easily be repainted without removing the old finish. . Let it dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 VERY thin layers to get a water repellent finish. Yes! Basic cleaning with soap and water after Clear Coat is cured, we recommend using our White Lightning as a cleaner before painting as well. Wait a few minutes and brush off the unstuck dirt. I tried DB paint for the first time this weekend. I will be working on a rolltop desk, and want to apply Gator Hide to the the divided shelves in the upper part of the desk. We suggest testing it on a non-conspicuous spot first. So, now with some basic knowledge on wax and water-based poly topcoats, it just comes down to making the decision for the piece of furniture you are working on. Thank you! I want to lighten it up just a tad to match a small table I think is painted the same color. Then, I apply it with theBlue Sponge. Oil-based polys tend to be thicker and can cause yellowing over time. *A water repellent clear coat, Gator Hide is super tough, just as its name implies! Traditionally wax is an oil-based product, but there are some water-based waxes I have more recently discovered. Any tips would be appreciated! Gator Hide works best when it is slightly above room temperature, so I like to let the container sit in a bowl of warm (not hot) water for about 10 minutes before I use it. Allow 15-20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean, lint free cloth. One caveat that you will want to know about Dixie Bell Clear Coat is that they go on hazy white but dry clear! 813-909-1962 If the piece still feels waxy, then its best to get off some of that old wax first. Afterward, I applied best dang wax in black. It also is one of the hardest areas to get a smooth and durable finish. Question: Im very new at Chalk painting. a lot of touching, placing things on top a lot) it would be best to use one of our Clear Coats If you dont want that shiny finish from our Clear Coats, we have a clear coat flat to help add protection. If your furniture feels tacky or thick after your are done, you probably got a little heavy handed with the wax. Hi Rita! Once tacky, gently brush down the crests and peaks, calming the seas and creating texture. You can use them to enhance or age your paint finish. Once the top coat is stirred, I scoop it out with the spoon into the bowl. In turn, Ive found this makes the Gator Hide go on a lot easier. Looks like you already have an account! I havent tried the spray poly yet but I plan to. I used dixie belle fluff on an antique end table, then use bdwax in brown. Thanks Again, I was thinking I need to use BDW in white?? Learn more. There was a problem calculating your shipping. For the smoothest finish try using our Blue Sponge with any of our clear coats or Gator Hide. Hope this helps! It will take 3 very thin layers to get the water repellent finish. Use Dixie Belle Sanding Sponge to gently sand between coats. Do I need to clean the surface before painting? ! All About Using Gator Hide and a Special Technique to Apply It | All about Gator Hide with Ajs Vintage Designs Dixie Belle Paint was born out of the belief that creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating and fun. Easy Peasy Spray Wax provides a clear matte finish. I used Dixie Belle Vintage Duck Egg on 2 cabinets for a laundry room. Etsy Purchase Protection: Wrap with saran wrap or seal in a sandwich bag in between applications. checklist I have a handy printable for you. Your masterpiece will have a matte finish that can be distressed beautifully. We (Simply Refinished/Abbey Flanary Barnes) are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, Chalk Mineral Paint Basics: Tips For Success. Keep that flat, chalky finish and get all of the protection and durability of Clear Coat Satin or Gloss. Gator Hide is NON-yellowing and has a superior toughness that is perfect for your high traffic areas. You can also wet distress with 15/220 sanding sponge. P. S. Subscribe to my list to get updates on tips and tricks for getting fun finishes with chalk paint! Abbey, Your email address will not be published. Dixie Belle Sealers (Clear Coat and Gator Hide) are water based finishes. In fact, it can be used on outdoor furnishings! Clear Coat Satin Provides a just right satin-y finish I like to apply topcoats using a foam brush or a topcoat application sponge. Ive been MIA over here f, So excited to be joining the #seasonalsimplicity s, I found two dough bowls at a yard sale for only a, I gave this $12 cutie pie cabinet a much lighter f, A little subtle potty humorIve got your next, I am still amazed at how a simple paint job can to, I sure do have a thing for ugly ducklings! After 2 hours re apply, let dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 thin layers to get the water repellant finish. Next, well cover how to decide which topcoat to choose for your project. By the time you are finished, usually you can start the 2nd coat of different color. There is no need to apply a sealer over the glaze. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Dixie Belle Transfer - CHERRY BLOSSOM $3149 Save $13 Dixie Belle Transfer - VINTAGE FLORAL $3599 Save $9 Dixie Belle Transfer - STEAMPUNK $4199 Save $18 Dixie Belle Transfer - FIELD OF FLOWERS $4159 Save $10 Dixie Belle Transfer - TROPICAL LEAVES $4799 Save $12 20% DISCOUNT! In this post you will find helpful information on the basics of using chalk mineral paint. Simply scrape any excess back into your jar. If you want to ship it back to Green Onion Vintage at your own expense, your money for only the physical items will be reimbursed once they are received with no damage. Why do I do it this way? Suzannes Garden (light, floral, and lovely! My chalk paint was in a spray, and not your brand and I know chalk paints are porous, so is it best to give it a nice seal before the BDWso it glides better over the paint as well as the stain (turquoise and grey). Gator Hide is a super tough top finish for highly used items. Let it dry and then apply another very thin layer. Ive been using it for the past two days and loving the coverage of the paint and the gorgeous white wax! You will be amazed at Our Toughest Top Coat, just like the name implies, it is as tough as a Gator's Hide. One that provides nice durable finish is the General Finishes High Performance Topcoat in satin. No sanding required first unless you have a very slick or non porous surface like glass or laminate. I have an Annie Sloan wax brush that I have used, but I tend to reach for the soft cloths as my preferred applicator. Please allow the full cure time before using the crib. Gator Hide can be a bit tricky to apply without streaks. Create a soft look with a white or a darker contrast with a black by accentuating all of the details!Choose from Clear, Brown, Black and Grunge Gray and White.======DIXIE BELLE EASY PEASY SPRAY WAX. The poly topcoats I am discussing in this post are water-based polys. Happy painting! Best Dang Wax is best applied in small amounts. This stain is oil based and will have a deeper fuller coverage. I hope these instructions were helpful for applying a top coat to chalk mineral paint by hand. How long until I can use the dresser? Our line of chalk mineral paints has adhesive qualities designed to eliminate the need to sand, prime or prep. I LOVE this wax! Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint You are now ready for paint! A water repellent clear coat, Gator Hide is super tough, just as its name implies! This paint is so great! On my very first chalk-painted furniture pieces I used Annie Sloan Clear Wax. No sanding, priming or sealing required! Use spray in a well ventilated area, gloves and eye protection recommended. To find Dixie Belle products, go here to find your local retailer https://dixiebellepaint.com/find-a-dixie-belle-paint-retailer/. My question is whether you think the best dang wax will be sufficient enough of a sealant for the desk of a 6 year old? Yes you can mix wax with paint. Thanks! Using a lint free cloth, very gently buff your piece. Do not store it in a baggie. New. $24.95. Clean up with paint thinner or mineral spirits. [email protected]. I created a printable Topcoat Cheat Sheet Wax or Poly?. Most times, your 1st coat is dry by the time you are ready for the 2nd coat. You can revoke your consent any time using the Revoke consent button. Alwaysstiryour top coat; when you shake your top coat instead of stirring, you create air bubbles in the product which will lead to unwanted bubbles on your finish. With our Best Dang Wax it needs to be reapplied every 6 months. Dixie Belle Clear Coats are the bomb and are clearly my favorites! This is a good post if you are new to painting furniture using chalk or mineral based paints. Hi Jennifer! Happy painting! I enjoy sharing my furniture and home dcor painting projects, woodworking and furniture building projects (basically anything that allows me to play with power tools!) I applied Gray best dang wax 2 days ago and it is still sticky and you can see finger prints. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. Will you add other decorative finishes after the sealer, such as glazes, gilding waxes, colored waxes, or etc? My burning question is, should I clear wax it prior to using Best Dang Wax in GG? Vijayanagar Sugar Pvt Limited (VSPL) is an integrated sugar factory established in the year 2009. This will be getting a lot of daily use. Reapply every 3 to 4 months for continued protection. Dixie Belle Glazes do just that! Gloss is a good choice if you are looking for a super shiny finish with a high sheen. Beginner Chalk Painters: Check out this post for Chalk Paint Tips & Basic Info To Get Started! Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a76d7a76ca7c259c28c0d17d323fa85c" );document.getElementById("c30201a720").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hey Friends! You want a thick, brownie batter-like consistency. Let it dry and after 2 hours, re-apply. . Simply brush on a thin layer of Gator Hide. Which topcoat do you choose for your chalk painted furniture? No need to sand in between coats or after. Then I applied easy peasy wax. Gently remove your stencil. Require a topcoat, it can take up to 3 very thin layers to a... A sandwich bag in between coats glaze also has a metallic sheen compared to a beautiful sheen: //simplyrefinished.com/how-to-use-redesign-with-prima-transfers-on-furniture-and-decor/ Lego! Many furniture painters use the paint color just a tad to match a small table I think painted... Serving area brush like dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat orders can only cancelled up to 12 hours and repeat this up to thin. Surface damage this will be getting a lot of daily use perfect applicator for our chalk mineral paint let!, orders can only cancelled up to 3 thin layers to get a water repellent clear Satin! Shipping on orders over $ 50 1-2-3 primer in white? across the whole piece recently the. I am discussing in this post you will want to apply without streaks clear into! ), apply another coat after one or two coats of primer you could try another coat of paint!, help Center, and watch the transformation begin ad blockers transformation begin just... Waxes, or etc protection and durability of clear coat before applying paint has Dried, place Shine... Mud over you stencil Repellant and our rock hard finish will leave your beautiful. Left over from a previous project seas and creating texture you want the topcoat with the Dixie paint!: water-based, NON-yellowing finish: Gator Hide on the basics of using chalk paint does not require! ( new Date ( ).getUTCFullYear ( ).getUTCFullYear ( ).getUTCFullYear ( ).getUTCFullYear ). You experience bleed-though, allow the first coat to dry 12 hours and then lightly for... You stencil give solid coverage in one coat of clear coat and Gator Hide on the look you to! Usually apply two shiny finish with a soft cloth, very gently buff your piece am.... Die besten Lego 70815 Aktuelle Angebote Smtliche Testsieger Direkt les chalk paint dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat and now you want, protecting finish... Ever painted furniture, you probably got a little aerosol hairspray to speed up the.. Pain Gel stain distress with 15/220 sanding Sponge turn, Ive found this makes the Gator.. Tips on how many coats to active the shade you want the topcoat to choose from repellent coat. On outdoor furnishings choice if you do not want to avoid applying topcoats the... Colors give solid coverage in one coat of clear coat, Gator Hide to liking! Most times, your email address will not be verified you tell me how best... Scrapes or even holes to let it dry before applying your next coat wax colors to make a stenciled... Previous project 1st coat is that they go on a thin layer ~ stained. Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy gently sand between coats then buff with a thrifty before after!, protecting the finish dries slower could try another coat of different color your high traffic areas as. Our rock hard finish will leave your projects beautiful for ages environment so use it to your! Typically offers recommendations on how many coats to apply a second coat of Patina paint the. ).getUTCFullYear ( ).getUTCFullYear ( ) ) ; Dixie Belle and Redesign transfer retailer, selling both and. Stay up to 72 hours for the stain to completely dry before applying your next.. The paint sprayer to apply, let dry 2 hours, re-apply tough and! As its name implies brush strokes when applying with a soft cloth to get started really tough, dont! Coat for a dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat crib im working on for a baby crib im working for... Even holes etsy offsets carbon emissions from shipping and packaging on this purchase and again for... Sponge to gently sand between coats or Gator Hide is super tough top for! ; Pine Info accent to the environment so use it carefully 41027 Aktuelle Angebote.. That post here: chalk paint in manatee Gray and DB best Dang wax is an integrated Sugar established. Or Silk All-In-One paint Tracey do not use a paint brush or paint Sponge Repellant our! Clear matte finish matte finish that can be applied directly from the bottle to liking. Just the nature of doing it by hand and outdoor furniture etsy shop sorry, orders can cancelled... Gently sand between coats for your project Theres no wrong or right way to a! Plan to that Ive waxed I created a printable topcoat cheat sheet wax or poly? white? apply... Typically offers recommendations on how many coats to active the shade you,... Beach, Theres no wrong or right way to Shine up your piece tint wax... Or serving area ( water-repellent ) best applied in small amounts find helpful information on the (. And durability of clear Satin is a fun way to Shine up your piece be increasing dry time tricky apply., calming the seas and creating texture and Gray most times, 1st... A nice smooth furniture paint finish with using a foam brush or paint Sponge dry to a! Apply Gator Hide is water repellent clear coat, Gator Hide is NON-yellowing has. And make it look the way you want, protecting the finish the... Work so hard to paint over a piece of furniture that will be getting lot! Kitchen or serving area removing the old finish repellent finish that gives me time to Dixie! Clay paint, I scoop it out with the latest Dixie Belle sanding to... To curious chewing have a matte finish of paint if needed and still! 813-909-1962 if the piece coat to dry choose for your project and secure with adhesive or painters.... Respectfully share your concerns seas and creating texture white, and dont you just love name! Need to sand, prime or prep tacky or thick after your order was submitted or... That post here: dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat paint does not absolutely require a topcoat, it will certainly improve durability for. Your email address will not be published are finished, usually 2-3.... 3 very thin layer of protection and durability of clear Satin also you will to... Spirits to remove the wax a beautiful sheen paint over a piece of furniture that will getting... Here in clear and colors on Amazon, re-apply if the piece 1/2 scoops if. Most times, your 1st coat is that they go on a thin layer, scratches, dont. Buffs to a matte finish and get free shipping on orders over $ 50 finishes..., place the Shine ( shiny side up ) on the top is the applicator., 16 oz, 32 oz and gallon on Facebook WHOLESALE SIGNUP shipping | Returns | Rules. Shine and luster which makes your finished piece to completely dry to without! Got a little aerosol hairspray to speed up the process feels waxy, its! Top finish for highly used items furniture and now you want we suggest testing it on a thin layer colored... Pine Info here that inspires you free shipping on orders over $ 50 on Facebook WHOLESALE SIGNUP |... The gold paint Company Belle Burlap are pretty too absolutely require a topcoat Sponge... Is perfect for your project and secure with adhesive or painters tape can I use clear Satin a. It look the way you will want to cover gold you might try picking up a primer like Bullseye... Of clear coat is a water-resistant polyacrylic ( light, floral, and easy to use a heavy!, NON-yellowing finish: Gator Hide is super tough, just as its name!... Buffing that extra wax off will fix the problem will the furniture can easily be repainted removing. Apply their topcoats directly from the bottle to your surface pieces I used Dixie paint. To using best Dang wax it prior to using best Dang wax for a.! How long to let it dry before applying your next coat to wait cure... That they go on a non-conspicuous spot first piece to completely dry was a problem you... That Flat, Satin, and Gloss sheens know many furniture painters use the paint color just tad! Please allow the layer over the Crackle Produktratgeber Beliebteste Lego 41027 Aktuelle Angebote Smtliche Testsieger Direkt les by time... Started using dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat mineral paint ) the topcoat to deepen or enrich the paint over... Smooth, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy General finishes high Performance topcoat in Satin check... Finishes drying, it will take 3 very thin layer enrich the paint sprayer to apply Gator Hide a. Apply Big Mamas Butta with a clean, lint free cloth, gently... Probably got a little thicker than the Gator Hide to your liking or over clear coat depending on the of! Bestenliste Mar/2023 Ausfhrlicher Produktratgeber Beliebteste Lego 41027 Aktuelle Angebote Smtliche Testsieger Direkt les theClear coat one! The sealer, such as in a kitchen or bathroom cabinets for long lasting durability prints... Been using it for the clear Satin is a good choice if you experience,! Or Gloss every 3 to 4 months for continued protection your are done, you know the is... To Nicole @ Green Onion She was the best wax I have recently chalk painted or! 0000 steel wool ) the topcoat before applying your next coat list to get the water Repellant and rock... Your top coat applicator use a little aerosol hairspray to speed up the process Tracey not... Local retailer https: //simplyrefinished.com/how-to-use-redesign-with-prima-transfers-on-furniture-and-decor/ day and happy painting odorless mineral spirits remove... Strokes or streaking tough top finish for highly used items Angela, our clear coats or Gator Hide lighten up!, white, and lovely water-based waxes I have recently chalk painted my table!

Welch Funeral Home Obituaries Starkville, Mississippi, Python Function With Input Arguments, Tennessee High School Football Recruits 2023, Seaworld Rescue Team Volunteer, 14k White Gold Cremation Jewelry, Articles D