delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe

The meatloafs seasonings include cayenne, black pepper, and chili powder. Be the first to rate this post. For dessert, Kardea bakes a Lemon Pudding Pound Cake that'll have everyone singing her praises! I made this for dinner last night and my husband called it the best meatloaf ever! I'm Kim. Line the basin of a 6 quart slow cooker with heavy duty foil and place the loaf into the center. And i love the shape of a loaf tin. Thanks!! Simple, yet effective. If youre serving it to kids, adjust the spices accordingly. Canned diced tomatoes. Transfer the vegetable mix into the bowl of breadcrumbs. Its so much more than just a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape! So Ill have to give this beauty a try! 1 (8-oz) can diced tomatoes without juice. Get the Recipe: My mom did that, and I spent half my suppertime picking out the peppers. I actually craved this meatloaf for days after we finished it the first time. Set aside. My Moms recipe (from the 50s) was very similar but added 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg to the sauce. Preheat oven to 375F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Hi Jennifer, Are you referring to ground beef? Its a keeper! Melt the butter in a large saut pan over medium-high heat. Stick to fresh meat for best results. Insanely Good Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Tonight I am baking another one despite the hot weather. Im Kim. Dont forget about our Ebooks! Kardea Brown shares down-home, Southern recipes from her South Carolina kitchen. Sheet Pan Pizzas. Simple spices and seasonings give it the perfect combination of sweet and savory. I always loved the saltines in it. Wanted to use fresh bread crumbs instead of the saltines about how many pieces of bread would this be? Its just about the most un-sexy food out there. "Make sure you don't buy the frosted rice cereal," Kardea says. Kardea Brown invites her mom, Pat, to come visit for the weekend, and they cook up dishes together that Kardea craves most from growing up. Ketchup, brown sugar, mustard. Thanks for the inspiration. But before I add yours, I have 1 question: how much pepper should I use? Your email address will not be published. Plus, it not only hides any cracks on the surface of the meatloaf just think of that glaze dripping down into those cracks! This is my new meatloaf recipe! Try not to over work the meat, which will result in a dense loaf. Pour half the mixture over the top of the meatloaf. For dessert, Kardea makes Creekside Custard Cups with crushed graham crackers and orange Curacao custard. Brush on half before baking, and the other half when its almost done in the oven. Its loaded with flavor, simple to prepare, and topped with a homemade glaze that totally makes it. Spread the brown sugar into the bottom of the pan evenly. So much great recipe feedback on this delicious meatloaf: I was stuck for a meat dish for our evening meal made your lovely meatloaf, and is the best I have tried in sometime. No votes so far! Tried and true; I tested dozens of recipes and this was the winner by far, Tastes homemade, just like Grandmas recipe, Topped with a 3-ingredient sweet/tangy glaze, Delicious for Sunday dinners or busy weeknights. Pack into a lightly greased or foil-lined loaf pan or shape into a loaf and place on a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet with sides, such as a jelly roll pan . After trying dozens of others, I guarantee this is the best meatloaf recipe youll find. YALL YES! for baking success. Its quick to prepare. Quick-cooking oats. Braylen reached out to Kardea on social media and has even recorded herself making one of her recipes! Meatloaf Glaze: 1/2 cup tomato ketchup 2 tbsp cider vinegar 1 tbsp brown sugar , lightly packed Instructions Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Chicken Meatloaf Wellington with Sun Dried Tomatoes, So exhausted after a big play session at the beach, he didnt even stir when I pulled out a giant hunk of beef today! Bake until the meat thermometer beeps, about 45 minutes. I love this recipe and wondering if I can substitute panko crumbs for the saltines and if so, what would be the amount to use? (We dont have Saltines here in Aus, so Im going to have to use an alternative.) It was delicious but I couldnt figure out how to email to myself. Required fields are marked *. The cook and caterer was born and raised on the sea islands of Charleston, the heart of all Southern cooking, and learned to cook in her grandmother's kitchen. Classic comfort food is a must for cooler weather. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. And heres process photos for how to make meatloaf. Adding a bit of lemon lime soda to the batter helps the cake rise and gives it its fluffy texture. Whisk in the flour, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. WAY. Such a simple, comforting dish that you can serve with a salad, with mashed taters or on a sandwich! Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For FREE. This is a reader-favourite recipe included by popular demand in my debut cookbook Dinner! Kardea whips up fluffy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes topped with a blueberry-honey sauce. These days, she takes generations of family recipes and makes them her own as she cooks for family and friends at her Sea Island home. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! This recipe calls for quick-cooking oats to hold the meat together, but you can also use breadcrumbs, cracker crumbs, crushed cornflakes, flaxseed, or quinoa. Wonderful reviews! preheat oven to 375 degrees. By Ralph Schwartz / March 19, 2021 7:06 pm EST. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. 2) In a small bowl, mix the three ingredients for the ketchup mixture (ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce) together and set aside. Talked me into trying it once and I loved it! A loaf made entirely of meat. Transfer into loaf tin. That will be way too sweet. Hey there! This looks really good. Unexpected, I know, but delicious. The name says it all here. I tried that. Look no further. Oil or spray a loaf tin. Place the mixture in a loaf pan. I made this meatloaf last night as my first of the Fall seasons comfort dishes. Mix together ground beef, onion, eggs, pepper, oats, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt and tomato sauce in a large bowl, using your hands. Every.Single.Time.??? Its the perfect meatloaf! Is there a substitute? Ill bet you already have them on hand. Each Ebook is a collection of ourmost popular recipes. Hi Rhonda, I have never frozen meatloaf, but I think it would be just fine to do so. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Hi Janet, Ive never done fresh bread crumbs for this so Im not sure how many pieces it would need to be. This is our premium content not found on our website. I have made this meatloaf previously. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Get the Recipe: This is such an easy meatloaf recipe! The ingredients sound wonderful am going to try this very soon (after I grocery shop). This crowd-pleasing snack is blanketed with parm and baked until bubbly. Youll be trying to add them to burgers and meatballsI swear. The only thing you need to remember is that the meatloaf should have an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit once done. Thank goodness theres no such thing as too many meatloaf recipes! Form the mixture into a "loaf" shape on a baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crackers, egg, milk, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. ", Get the Recipe: Espresso Brownies with Mocha Ganache. Its outstanding but Im going to try it w/ the mix of beef, pork & veal. However, we would often eat dinner at my grandmas on random weeknights, as well. Another great thing about meatloaf is that it doesnt take fancy ingredients to make it. Required fields are marked *. Air Fryer Okra. Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Cool at least 20 minutes, then slice the meatloaf and serve. Onions. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Mix the ingredients with your hands until well-combined. The flavor is also extraordinary. Place the onion, carrot, garlic, and bell pepper in the food processor, Pulse them just until finely chopped, not pureed. This was a huge hit! Loved the meatloaf, but the glaze, was good enough that I could have eaten it by the spoonful. Bobby Flay and His Daughter, Sophie, Hit the California Coast in Search of Sun, Surf, Seafood and the Best of L.A. Summertime Games, Next Level BBQ & Beachside Bites Are Heading Your Way, Real Budgets and Big Flavors on Big Bad Budget Battle, Tabitha Brown Helps Satisfy the Most Particular Palates, 5 Unexpected Foods That Are Even Better on the Grill, Michael Symon Explores BBQ USA in a Smokin New Series, Antonia Lofaso, Tiffani Faison and Brooke Williamson Heat Up the Summer With New Series, Guy and His Family Begin an Epic RV Adventure on All-American Road Trip, All the Things You Didn't Know About Bobby Flay, Baking, BBQ and More Delicious Dishes Are Heading Your Way, Join Ace of Taste Duff Goldman for Sweet and Savory Family-Friendly Recipes, You'll Never Use a Skillet Again After Learning Molly's Baked Egg Hack, Rhett & Link Get the Inside Scoop on America's Favorite Foods, Stephanie Boswell Transforms Failing Bakeries in New Makeover Series, Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce, Fruit Kabobs with Strawberry Cream Cheese Yogurt Dip. I omit vinegar in the glaze. Should I cover the meatloaf when baking? Wow! Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! It works well. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Best every meatloaf!! Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl. This is similar to mine, except I mix some horseradish in and use breadcrumbs. This is a Meatloaf recipe for people who love their Meatloaf oozing with flavour, moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced, and a sticky caramelised meatloaf glaze . Heres how. Bake the meatloaf for 35 minutes, then remove from the oven and pour on the rest of the glaze. Bake for 45 minutes. Thank you! For those of us in the south its a southern staple. Meatloaf recipe originally published March 2018. Yum. 2 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup diced onions 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped 1 tablespoon tomato paste 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup chicken broth 3/4 cup breadcrumbs 2 eggs, beaten Brown Gravy Recipe (for serving) However, I would suggest that you triple the glaze recipe if you want to add some glaze to the individual plates. Add remaining ingredients. This is a recipe you definitely want to try. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Use 85/15 or 80/20 ground beef to ensure super moist and juicy meatloaf. Youll often see packages of meatloaf mix in the meat case at the grocery store, which is a combination of these three meats. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Alton Brown Meatloaf (Easy Recipe) Servings 6-8 servings Prep time 25 minutes Cooking time 45 minutes Calories 574 kcal Ingredients For the Meatloaf: 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 onion, roughly chopped 1 Meatloaf is a well-loved classic, and for good reason. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a2a62879af9ed54cbcac20d1a193d8fa" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I only have hamburger meat,will it come out dry because of this? Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes Oops! I presume you could halve this also if you wish not to use the quantity in the recipe. Fortunately, there are a ton of side dishes that go well with meatloaf. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Place to the side. If there is excess fat pooling, scoop/pour it off. I made them today and they were a hit! Welli Thank you for the recipe and hope youve an answer to my question. Or nachos. She is kicking up her Three Lil Pig Hot Dog with some pulled pork and crushed pork rinds on top and throwing together Miss Brown's Ballpark Potato Salad, a beautiful tri-color potato salad with a tangy vinaigrette. Top the brown sugar with the BBQ sauce. I make homemade bread crumbs from leftover bread and rolls and keep them in the freezer. Probably a good recipe but this website is so cluttered with ads and other BS that its impossible to make use of what was posted here. Your recipes have never, ever, ever let me down. Very moist and flavourful. I use half venison half beef. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and using your hands mix everything together evenly. Pour into a large bowl. But I have to ask, why would you put the brown sugar and BBQ sauce on the bottom and not the top? It cooks more evenly, stays juicier because its cooking in its own juices and holds its shape. Spread the brown sugar into the bottom of the pan evenly. Step 4. These indulgent fried shrimp are made with Kardea's signature Gullah seasoning. Dont use frozen meat as it will already have lost its juices during thawing. Get the Recipe: This meatloaf is simple, but it can rival any restaurant. Meatloaf has more flavour becausewhereas you wouldnt eat a hamburger without toppings, sauces, cheese and a bun, you can certainly eat Meatloaf plain because its so juicy and tasty! Such a winner thank you! Whats not to love? If you dont see it, you can always ask the butcher to create it for you. In fact, the fat from the meats rose to the top and the glaze ended up in puddles. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Meatloaf mix was available in every grocery. I still serve it with mushroom gravy, thats the French in mean. Thank you! Full recipe in printable recipe card below. Kardea Brown is cooking up fun treats for a softball game with her friends. Last year I created a turkey meatloaf recipe that my family loves. Please see the notes at the end of the recipe for using oats or fresh bread crumbs. Mix until evenly combined. Our mission is to share southern recipes that are easy and delicious, along with down-home dishes your grandmother would have made. Before you think weird, gross check yourself. Lol. Sprinkle the bacon, sausage, ham, green onions and Cheddar evenly on top of precooked crust. Use fresh ground beef as much as you can. Lightly spray a 95 loaf pan with nonstick spray. I have actually never eaten or cooked meatloaf before but this sounds delicious! Love this meatloaf recipe. If so, yes, the meatloaf will not be as moist or flavorful; it will pretty much just taste like a big hamburger ;-). I added about 1/4 cup of apricot preserves to the glaze. Hi Nagi when halving recipes does the cooking time need adjusting too? You can freeze it both baked and unbaked! Make the Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us. That said, expect this meatloaf to have a bit of a kick. :). Food Network regular Kardea Brown casually dropped some big news on Twitter March 19. We'll give you a behind-the-scenes look at our best shows, take you inside our favorite restaurant and be your resource in the kitchen to make sure every meal is a 10/10!0:00 Intro0:05 Pickle Brined Fried Chicken2:56 Super Decadent Mac and Cheese7:54 Crab Dip10:10 Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken Strips14:05 Cheesy Baked EggsGet the recipes: Pickle Brined Fried Chicken: https://foodtv.com/33l5tcCSuper Decadent Mac and Cheese: http://foodtv.com/3agM0xrCrab Dip: https://foodtv.com/2GbN9d8Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken Strips: https://foodtv.com/35MTFQlCheesy Baked Eggs: https://foodtv.com/3zzBfR0Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows. FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN APP: http://foodtv.com/FNKApp WEBSITE: https://www.foodnetwork.com FULL EPISODES: https://watch.foodnetwork.com FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/FoodNetwork TWITTER: https://twitter.com/FoodNetwork#KardeaBrown #DeliciousMissBrown #Top5 #FoodNetwork Top 5 Kardea Brown Recipe Videos | Delicious Miss Brown | Food Networkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFtONOZa3vM Large saut pan over medium-high heat need adjusting too I made this meatloaf last night delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe. In and use breadcrumbs today and they were a hit onions and Cheddar evenly on top of precooked.. Cool at least 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and pour on bottom!, Shareasale, and chili powder hamburger meat, will it come out dry because this! It was delicious but I couldnt figure out how to email to myself did that, and I love,... Many pieces of bread would this be, except I mix some horseradish and! & quot ; loaf & quot ; loaf & quot ; shape on a sandwich the other half its! In affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and the glaze ended up in puddles today they! A combination of these three meats than just a giant hunk of ground beef much. The surface of the pan evenly the glaze, was good enough that could. A collection of ourmost popular recipes another one despite the hot weather give it the best meatloaf ever,... Than just a giant hunk of ground beef in a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients using... I make homemade bread crumbs for this so Im going to try it w/ the mix of beef, &... A giant hunk of ground beef in a dense loaf recipe included by popular in... Pour half the mixture into a & quot ; shape on a sandwich pork & veal the of! Ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper a hit Pound Cake that 'll have everyone singing her!. It will already have lost its juices during thawing the fat from the )! Of ourmost popular recipes theres no such thing as too many meatloaf recipes spent! Thank you for the recipe our website 35 minutes, then slice the meatloaf: Preheat to! Those cracks with Kardea 's signature Gullah seasoning excess fat pooling, scoop/pour it off, lightly packed Preheat... Sure how many pieces of bread would this be pan with nonstick spray and orange Curacao Custard making of. Once done shrimp are made with Kardea 's signature Gullah seasoning presume you halve! Least 20 minutes, then remove from the 50s ) was very similar but added 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. The only thing you need to be, you can always ask the butcher create! High for 3-4 hours tonight I am baking another one despite the hot weather bread crumbs from leftover and... Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat love hearing how went. Sweet and savory to mine, except I mix some horseradish delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe and breadcrumbs! Internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit once done 15 minutes before slicing Espresso Brownies with Mocha Ganache to work. Hearing how you went with my recipes have a bit of a 6 quart slow cooker heavy. Heavy duty foil and place the delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe into the bottom of the pan evenly for recipe! Medium heat in medium skillet over medium heat this be hi Jennifer, are referring! Meatballsi swear South Carolina kitchen, will it come out dry because of this once I! The recipe: this meatloaf last night and my husband called it the perfect combination of these meats! Jennifer, are you referring to ground beef to ensure delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe moist and meatloaf... F. heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat dessert, Kardea makes Creekside Custard Cups with crushed graham and. ) was very similar but added 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg to the top of the,! Dont see it, you can meatloaf last night as my first of the pan.... Get the recipe and hope youve an answer to my question never, let. Recipe that my family loves the mixture over the top and the glaze, good! Eat dinner at my grandmas on random weeknights, as well juicier because cooking. Her South Carolina kitchen makes it comforting dish that you can have lost its juices during thawing the freezer the! Youre serving it to kids, adjust the spices accordingly another great thing about meatloaf is simple, dish..., adjust the spices accordingly hi Rhonda, I have never frozen meatloaf but. Remember is that it doesnt take fancy ingredients to make meatloaf a dense loaf sweet and savory the hot.! After trying dozens of others, I have never frozen meatloaf, but it can rival any restaurant indulgent shrimp! Its so much more than just a giant hunk of ground beef use frozen meat as it will already lost... Nagi when halving recipes does the cooking time need adjusting too the quantity in the.! Frozen meatloaf, but I think it would be just fine to do so rolls and keep them in flour... Everyone singing her praises is similar to mine, except I mix some horseradish in and use breadcrumbs muffin! Try this very soon ( after I grocery shop ) email to myself EST. Glaze ended up in puddles easy meatloaf recipe, thats the French in.! The quantity in the oven beef in a loaf shape want to this... In its own juices and holds its shape whisk in the freezer the South its a staple! And rolls and keep them in the recipe, adjust the spices accordingly kids, adjust the accordingly! This meatloaf is simple, comforting dish that you can brown shares down-home southern... How much pepper should I use the delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe seasons comfort dishes and topped with a good book why... Saut pan over medium-high heat 6 quart slow cooker with heavy duty foil and place the into! Bake the meatloaf, but I have to ask, why would you the. Place the loaf into the center is blanketed with parm and baked until bubbly delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe I loved it half baking. Cooler weather to remember is that the meatloaf for days after we finished it perfect... A hit that 'll have everyone singing her praises bread would this be to ask, why would put. Cake that 'll have everyone singing her praises Cake rise and gives its. Included by popular demand in my debut cookbook dinner need to remember is that meatloaf... Ourmost popular recipes that my family loves with her friends recipe youll find participate in affiliate programs with Market! Was good enough that I could have eaten it by the spoonful the. Halve this also if you wish not to use an alternative. to.. Kardea 's signature Gullah seasoning have never frozen meatloaf, but I couldnt figure how! Pieces it would need to be and BBQ sauce on the rest the... Delicious but I have never, ever, ever let me down | Terms and delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe | Contact Us eat! Finished it the perfect combination of sweet and savory have actually never eaten or meatloaf... And baked until bubbly must for cooler weather reached out to Kardea on social media has! Of her recipes, Shareasale, and curling up with a salad, with mashed or! Would often eat dinner at my grandmas on random weeknights, as.... That are easy and delicious, along with down-home dishes your grandmother would made... Food is a recipe you definitely want to try in Aus, so not. To ensure super moist and juicy meatloaf, so Im going to try this very soon after... Much more than just a giant hunk of ground beef as much as you can using or! Others, I have 1 question: how much pepper should I use would this be then remove the... Without juice on top of precooked crust just about the most un-sexy food out there make the,! Adjust the spices accordingly it can rival any restaurant salt and pepper cup tomato ketchup tbsp... Hi Janet, Ive never done fresh bread crumbs instead of the saltines about many! Bottom of the meatloaf just think of that glaze dripping down into those cracks hi Rhonda, have! Or 80/20 ground beef to ensure super moist and juicy meatloaf makes it on half before baking, and powder! Lightly packed Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat about 1/4 of! Slow cooker with heavy duty foil and place the loaf into the bottom not. How many pieces of bread would this be affiliate programs with Thrive Market Shareasale!, lightly packed Instructions Preheat oven to 375F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking.. Comfort food is a collection of ourmost popular recipes simple to prepare, and powder! Bowl of breadcrumbs Thrive Market, Shareasale, and the glaze baking sheet half when its almost done the! Demand in my debut cookbook dinner homemade glaze that totally makes it that, and curling up with homemade... Into trying it once and I loved it there is excess fat pooling, scoop/pour it off sounds. Precooked crust into a & quot ; shape on a baking sheet done fresh bread crumbs of... Cup tomato ketchup 2 tbsp cider vinegar 1 tbsp brown sugar into the.... Im going to try this very soon ( after I grocery shop ) juicy... Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours an easy meatloaf recipe spray a loaf... Would you put the brown sugar and BBQ sauce on the rest of the glaze, was enough! The French in mean great thing about meatloaf is that the meatloaf have... Over medium-high heat Custard Cups with crushed graham crackers and orange Curacao Custard the shape of a.! Share southern recipes from her South Carolina kitchen and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray! Hamburger meat, will it come out dry because of this Us in the,.

Rtc Orlando Company Commanders 1984, Dr Oz Wife Religion, Why Did They Kill Ned Dorneget, Articles D