blurry vision 2 months after prk

After my PRK surgery, (now at 8 weeks) my close vision is 20/20, and my distance, which I wanted corrected, is worse that before. The doctor told me, I was not done healing and to give it time. BUT I have severe and debilitating photosensitivity. Even right now I have to put the phone on my face to type. Prayers. Unfortunately, some conditions cannot be improved by any form of surgery. I work for an eye surgeon and also had PRK) With a correction that is extremely high like hers, I would think she wouldnt have enough thickness left for a touch up. Do you have another appointment? I wonder if I had it removed if the pain will stop. There are no recorded cases of anyone going blind from laser eye surgery. I dont recognize my coworkers sometimes from across the room. 9 months in Nightly ointment. I wear readers (as expected) for seeing up close reading, using phone and computer usage at work/home. My vision at computer screen distance is very unclear (blurry and double vision) 18 days after my PRK surgery. So, if you are thinking about doing a PRK surgery, these are my recommendations when you SHOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER doing it: I made a little chart for all the meds because it was hard to keep track of when and how many to administer. I had a horrible first few weeks. I had LASIK 20 years ago and the results were amazing. Patients can use over-the-counter pain medication or consult with an eye doctor if prescription medication is needed to alleviate pain and discomfort. Im currently able to do about 10-12 hours a day with 3 large monitors on my PC. Close to 95% of all PRK patients are completely corrected to be able to see 20/20 or better. It is such a slow-going recovery. The assistant blew me off, but when she examined me she realized that I had a corneal erosion (not just an abrasion). From my experience from watching thousands of patients come through for LASIK and PRK I can honestly say that those who have a rough time with recovery had a heavy handed surgeon. When I complained, the Doctor also told me it was the healing process and everything will right itself once healing is done. Every time I go back to the doctor, they say it will get better, but it doesnt get any better. This layer of tissue covers the surface of your cornea and can be damaged during PRK surgery. I would discourage EVERYONE from taking a chance on PRK. I even had to get an enhancement on my left eye 7 months ago (July 2021) due to residual astigmatism. Im feeling pretty frustrated and low right now. FlexOffers Affiliate Disclosure Dang Travelers also participates in the FlexOffers affiliate network and uses links within our content to earn a commission. My prescription was -11 in both eyes with my glasses prescription and -10 with contacts. I can see and function better than after the first but everything is still blurry. Week 2 I was back to work and had constant headaches because I was straining my eyes to see the laptop screen. I wasnt a candidate for lasik due to this but was for prk. 1st day It was so blurry and painful and it continued for a week, but after 2 weeks pin subsided and I can see clearly. An advantage is NOT quick recovery. 6 years later, still not right, but Im scared to have a second surgery because if it got any worse it wouldnt be bearable. Ten minutes dont go by when I dont feel a deep regret. I was thinking how many days do i need to take off from my job? All About Vision does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. I am here now, in so much pain, feeling low as never before and as a Graphic Designer the worst thing is knowing I cant work without my eyes. Due to the first PRK I have developed Chronic Corneal Erosion. I paid $3,363.12 including a discount of $1,000 for my type of insurance to correct my nearsightedness (-5.50 in both eyes). Stage 1 After the procedure has been done, the vision surprisingly clears up within minutes and provides a better view than LASIK. This inflammation impairs the normal function of our ability to keep the eye from drying out. It is the biggest regret of my life. I want my true vision and even now rather my natural vision over corrected. Somewhat blurred vision for close distance THIS BOTHERS ME THE MOST! When Will the Flickering Stop After Cataract Surgery? Start your journey to clearer vision now and book your appointment with us one of our many locations from our extensive network. If your PRK ghosting persists for an extended period of time, its essential to consult your surgeon about possible remedies. Double vision as well as severe and even permanent dry eye can also occur. Over 3-5 days, as you heal, your vision will gradual I just want to say, thank you so much for sharing your stories! For example, if you dont properly care for your eyes following surgery, your risk of infection is higher, and this can lead to serious eye damage. While in the waiting room, the nurse gave me a valium (which absolutely helped with the anxiety) and an anti-inflammatory pill. So here I am two eye surgeries later with a new astigmatism, many missed days of work, chronic dry eye, and a prescription for glasses. I wish I never had the surgery. The 1-year mark: Although it is important to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from ultraviolet . I told him about my blurred vision and he assured me again, that it was part of the healing process. BTW, my eyes are still holding at 20/20 for distance but as I age, I do have to wear reading glasses. I want to sue him because I havent seen a day clearly since the surgery and its painfully affecting my life a lot. These individuals might not be candidates for LASIK, but PRK might work for them. 2. Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK). Before surgery Iwas -7.50 in left and 5.50 on right. Its been about 4 years now and I feel a lot better, but my eyes are very sensitive and dry, I have to wear glasses, and Ive developed migraine from the vestibular issue. I regret doing prk . For example, if I am cutting onions my eyes dont just water and get a little red, it feels like someone threw acid in my eyes. Until your vision becomes stable you will.. => Read Now PRK Recovery & Tips | Blurry Vision After PRK? Well, that all changed on day three! Also, my eyes are extremely sensitive and they were never before. As the more open your lids are (i.e. With the 2nd eye when I went in for my follow up the next morning I told them my eye was hurting. (If only had read your blog sooner!) I signed some type of waiver and liability form so I never even thought of legal action I just felt the need to share so anyone contemplating the surgery would think maybe twice. Did your doctor offer a 2nd PRK procedure? Dry eye comes and goes and some days things seem blurier than others. Blurry vision after a vitrectomy is possible and may last for 2 to 3 days. Dont hesitate to get in touch with us our team would be more than happy to answer them all! In fact, only about 50% will be able to reach 20/20 vision or better at this point. Where do you live? The lens is removed in cataract surgery and replaced with a clear, artificial intraocular lens (IOL) implant. Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) Lasers Patient Labeling Recommendations. Had I received a consent form with similar information as listed on this Draft Guidance, I would never have had the surgery. The overall healing process is longer and more painful for PRK but with less risk of complications from the surgery itself because there is no flap. Another benefit is that PRK can be performed on individuals who have thin corneas as well as individuals with severe nearsightedness. Ive literally gained 20 lbs in the last 2 months from stress eating and even started smoking again to try and cope with the stress. Many complications that arise after PRK surgery have to do with not following directions during aftercare. My long distance vision is good. A few percentage of PRK patients will need to have an enhancement (touch up) to their treatment usually considered at the 3 to 6 month mark depending on the patient. Hi Engy, I had severe myopia (- 11) and had PRK done 4 months ago. Cataracts develop over several years and are common in older people. I am in constant pain. It should be an uneventful outpatient procedure that takes about 10 minutes to complete. Its been few days that my right eye seems little blurry then the left eye, I can see things little clearer with the left eye but right eye is little blurry. Bought some cheaper ones online especially since I cant see shit clearly anyway. The new lens is surrounded by tissue that was cut and stretched, so the healing process could take up to a few months. Here is what you can expect at each stage after PRK. The whole procedure probably took 12 15 minutes at the most. Its not terrible since my old prescription pre-surgery was -5.50 in both eyes BUT my vision is not as crisp as before with contacts (and Ive been used to that clarity for my entire life), I do not feel comfortable driving without glasses, and now that my eyes are so dry I cannot wear contacts which annoys me because I cant stand glasses. She said a simple little procedure could correct the astigmatism and that it was included in my medical packageI didnt have to pay one additional cent. Should I be worried? I am into Day 11 after PRK surgery. I hope anyone whom is considering getting PRK, reads all of these experiences. As I sit to write this, it is almost three years to the day of my first PRK procedure at a vision center in Illinois. Light sensitivity is no joke. Do your eyes feel dry? I hope you are doing better. Diman, did your close vision ever get better? Most importantly, if you decide to go for PRK over LASIK, be mentally prepared to deal with the possibility of dealing with a longer recovery time that may even stretch till 9 to 12 months in the worst case scenario. Is this normal? I had issues and I highly doubt they were ever recorded anywhere. Is this normal? I sure hope your symptoms subside as time goes on. I guess you really have to reach out beyond the circle of ppl you know & get real feedback from others. Think we maybe went to the same dr in Chicago. I consulted many doctors and they all said PRK is the answer and that Id was a prime candidate even though I had already had Lasik. Thanks for sharing your story with us Rachel! The ophthalmologist says my eye is structurally healthy, but my vision is damaged. Thanks for sharing Lauri. After this procedure, you may need to wear an eye patch or plastic shield for 24 hours. This will lead to an increased amount of symptoms such as glare and the ghosting of images as well as an increased difficulty with lower contrast details. Well now 2 years later Ive slid back to -3 almost -4in both eyes. During the procedure, the LASIK flap is created, which temporarily disrupts nerves that supply the cornea. However, it comes with some potential disadvantages as well. As far as my 5-year update goes, I am still very disappointed with my results and am angry, but time is helping me get over it. My doctor says that this is actually encouraging news because if using eyedrops improves my vision, it means that my cornea has not fully healed and the eyedrops are simply smoothing over rough spots on my cornea and that a transplanted cornea takes much longer to heal from PRK. The healing process with PRK. And all this just to make my vision eyesight just a little bit better. 2023 Eye Surgery Guide. How are your eyes now? Help please. They should be able to prescribe you something that should help in the meantime. I guess its TRUE. This is really the worst stage of recovery after PRK. If you live in the United States and anywhere in the southwest, go to Dallas and see Dr. It is very important that the patient protects their eyes from UV light by wearing good sunglasses and do not partake in any activity that may cause damage to the eye organs. My original appointment was about three weeks prior so I never put them back in afterward. Still having significant ghosting especially with reading road signs and traffic lights at night and on 1 drop pred forte for mild haze according to DO. I am literally considering suicide as an out from the pain. slightly higher risk of infection than LASIK. Vision is still not as clear (crisp) as it used to be when I wore glasses. If anyone has any suggestions, would love to hear them. Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) is a form of laser eye surgery that is intended to correct an individuals vision. I had been very excited for Lasik for many years while I saved up for the surgery and especially excited for the months prior to the surgery, once the appointment was made and it was becoming a reality. This occurs in about 15% of patients who have cataract surgery. However, your vision may fluctuate for the first several weeks so it is important to use good judgment. My left is lagging and struggling and fluctuates vision power. Ugh, Kim, this makes me so angry to hear. This includes keeping them clean and dry, as well as refraining from activities that put strain on the eye such as playing sports. Oh and dont get me started if a speck of dirt hits my eye from the wind. They make you believe its a flawless and low risk procedure but in fact they are just convincing another victim to fill their pockets. My husband had a similar experience with LASIK in not perfect vision, regression, and permanent dry eyes. Please any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. Hindsight is 20/20, but, unfortunately, not my eyesight. When I drive and it just starts to get dark it literally hurts my eyes. Originally, I was told three days to a week but as you read further youll learn it was MUCH LONGER plus I needed a second PRK surgery just a year after the first. Oh Ariel, I am so sorry you are going through this. Ill keep you updated throughout my progress. blurry vision, discomfort, and . I suggest you get a second opinion from a doctor who is not in the office where you had your LASIK done. Afterward, try to avoid getting any water directly in the eyes the first week after surgery. I know I still have about 4.5 months to go but I will probably end up just getting glasses at the end if the vision doesnt stabilize in the future mostly due to how awful and painful the procedure was. Are contact lenses a good choice for kids? Almost constantly reddish and sensitive eyes still no reasonable answer for this one, and I was forbidden to use Stilla (or similar) eye drops. If you see any other promotions lower than that proceed with caution and/or know you will probably receive the whole bait and switch scam once you get there. I pay SGD 5112 for both eyes and I half regret paying for such high price but recovery was slow n annoying. During the day, I see small to medium starburts when the sun hits any shiny surface, so sunglasses are a must. Five years ago, I had an acute rejection of the corneal transplant and my vision went to 20/1000. You may need to rely on glasses to enhance your vision until your eyes are fully healed. The number of drops was tiered over the course of 7 days with the numbing one only to be used a few times when in pain. 1 EXPERT ANSWERS How many weeks of FML (fluorometholone) drops require after PRK. It is possible for vision to remain blurry for one to two weeks. I have the lifetime acuity plan so another surgery is currently being discussed. Being ignorant of the prk procedure, I just assumed I would have great visual acuity the day after surgery, just like with IOL Not until after the procedure, however, did I learn (my fault entirely) that I should expect up to a month of blurred vision. Disclaimer: I earn from qualifying purchases. One major consequence of PRK over LASIK is the longer and much more variable healing/recovery time. I went in for an eye exam (should have before 2yrs) and was told my vision is 1.5 in one eye and -1.5 in another eye so I got glasses and they make a huge difference. 4. I hope this helps and is a little bit of encouragement. Im 19. The amount of time required to heal can be frustrating. Even though the division may appear slightly foggy at times, it may require around 4 to 6 weeks for eyesight to return to its usual crisp state. I hate glasses and now need them for everything in my life for the rest of my life. Apparently having your eyes corrected, takes a lot out of you! PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is a procedure that gently scrapes away the surface cells (epithelium) on the cornea before using an excimer laser to reshape it for vision correction. At the very least, I hope all our stories will help someone make the right decision regarding their eyes. But of course, not every patient will fit neatly into this recovery. WHAT A RUSH DECISION! Im so sorry Jennifer. I think I will need some psychologists sessions after all this Examples include thin corneas, dry eye issues, and irregular corneas. Please keep us posted on your progress. Well, dont expect to be perfectly 20/20 just quite yet. I am recovering slowly. This is completely normal and should improve with time. Hes approaching 60 & has been around forever. Months 3 to 6 after surgery: Your vision will finish improving during this time, reaching 20/40 or better. My vision at computer screen distance is very unclear (blurry and double vision) 18 days after my PRK surgery. I am just hoping and praying it gets better. 2 weeks? Remember as you get older your eyes will form cataracts at some point so you will need to plan for that if the need arises. PRK surgery has ruined my life!!! Ive had so many people reach out to me privately and below in the comments about their own personal nightmares with PRK complications. Additionally, ask your surgeon about ways to minimize discomfort and pain caused by PRK surgery by using numbing eye drops. He acted like the shift was no big deal and said I had thin corneas. Cornea transplants are performed routinely and with a reasonable success rate. There are currently 37 PRK Laser Eye Surgery + Blurry Vision questions and doctor answers on RealSelf. My morning vision is what we had discussed before the surgery, but it regresses horribly throughout the day. I had excellent night and day vision when corrected with contacts prior to the surgery. Stage 3 After the fourth day of the procedure, the discomfort tends to go away, and vision clears up significantly better for the coming week or two. Read More. So infuriating! I got PRK a couple of days back. Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreements for their applicable terms. Please keep us posted on your situation. The content on this site is for informational purposes only. I assumed PRK was just another term for Lasik when I was signing the consent forms day of the procedure. How long have you worked at your clinic? I have scoured the internet up and down and have not encountered anybody that can describe similar pain to what I experienced. In fact, by about 3 months, the blurry vision after PRK may almost be entirely gone! Same pain and sensitivity again. Thanks for sharing your story. But i am getting epitheal erossions. I got PRK because I couldnt stand the headaches glasses would give me. Consult with a doctor virtually or in person. I would recommend LASIK to anyone based on my experience. That didnt work and I had another enhancement 6 months after that. My healing took many months. How Long Does the Flickering Last After Cataract Surgery? I got PRK in 2005 because I was military and into extreme sports. Oh Kamie, I am so sorry. PRK involves cutting the entire outer layer of corneal tissue called the epithelium. Since last Saturday, my problems are improving a little every day but it is not yet like before. I lost count at this point how many 30 minute drives I took to the office which added to my frustration. During this timeframe, your eyes can be dry, leading to blurry or fluctuating vision. But while you are recovering from PRK, you will have an increase in these higher order aberrations at the one month mark. On my 3 week check up, they made me do standard reading tests and said I can read properly so alls good, despite telling them that ALL IS NOT GOOD. This symptom, which occurs most often in patients with light-colored (blue or green) irises, can be managed with sunglasses or with a prescribed eye drop that reduces pupil size. Thank you Steven. I can drive in the Cape Town summer days with our extremely harsh lighting. Ive only had PRK twice. And now to begin my infuriating experience. Ill get more info on this on Monday (5/16) and update this update. Fast forward to 2022. These two different measurements are called lower-order aberrations and can easily be corrected with glasses and surgery because they are symmetric and regular. They told me that my eyesight would take 4 days to recover, after which it would be pretty good, with gradual improvements over 6 months. Started about 8-9 days after the surgery and has been unchanged since then. Unlike LASIK, PRK does not involve a corneal flap, which comes with its own risk of complications both during and after the procedure. When the eye shield is removed, the eye might be red, swollen or tender, and blurry vision is possible. That is why i need a vaseline-like eye lubricant to make sure that it wont get dry that much. What ensues is a cycle where blinking sharpens up the vision only for it to become blurry a few seconds later when the eye dries out. It made everything worse , my eyes hurt , blurred , glare . Its discouraging not knowing if youll heal properly when the doctor never gives real answers. At almost 39 y.o, Ive decided to go and fix 1 on my right eye, the number that got back over tye years. Bowman with Cornea Associates of Texas. They actually made it seem far worse than I experienced, but in all of my follow-ups the ophthalmologist said that my recovery has been far better than expected. I too had prk twice. Visual clarity and crispness after PRK continue to improve for three to six months and then stabilize. Hello I've had PRK 10 days ago. I was 29 when i first fid PRK, since it is free from where i work, i grab the opportunity. Two factors contribute to this timeline: how much correction has been applied to your eyesight and natural healing of the eye. After the procedure, your eyes will be treated with a sponge containing mitomycin-C (MMC). My head would start to hurt and I felt like I had to force my eyes open, thats when I knew it was quitting time. I am told I am in a 2% 5% group but the more I read, the more I am discovering that percentage might be drastically understated. My self- esteem has drastically been affected- I used to wear contacts, not glasses, I cant wear any eye make-up because of chronic inflammation and irritation, my eyes and eyelids are always red, and the warm compresses I have to use have destroyed the fragile skin around my eyes (looks like crepe paper), and as I mentioned I have ptosis of my right eye. I had an enhancement after just 3 months with my first surgery. My eyes remain dry. That and lets say a over or undercorrection could result in a worst case scenario like yours. Ive had to pay out of pocket to see a corneal specialist, have expensive treatments, and I spend over $350/month for eye drops and supplements. At this point, I now have 20/100 vision and have lost all hope of ever having even close to 20/20 vision again. I figured I would share the experience so people know the what could happen scenarios especially with PRK. I saw another dr in the office as mine was out and he said he would have never done that high of a prescription and told me I wouldnt have wear glasses afterwards. Vision problems usually improve over time as your eye heals and stabilizes. Do I need an enhancement? Also, I get glare from light entering the windows, from overhead lights in my office. So anyway the ointment helps maybe 60% of the time the other 40% I still wake up in pain. Here are some questions to consider post eye surgery. Im so sorry youre going g through this and I dont blame you at all for not letting them touch your eyes again Im in the same boat with ya! What laser, corneal thickness, procedure done, etc. When the eye covering is removed, your vision may be blurry. My only issue was small road debris at night that I couldnt see until it was too late. I didnt want to get my hopes up so I took that with a grain of salt and prepared myself for the worst. 2. Again, a little discomfort but no pain. My dry eyes seem to be getting a little better (I feel like if I type this I will by jinxing myself!) I am really thankful I found your article on goggle and was reading your scary PRK recovery. Your vision will continue to fluctuate, and you may experience blurriness, though it should dissipate within a week or two. Ugh! Hello guys, Im having my PRK scheduled in three days. Anyone considering Lasik or PRK should go to look at website Lasik Complications. Both proved to be wrong so far. He can get away with not since his prescription is next to nothing but he keeps talking about Lasik since he thinks my issue was specific to PRK. About 10 minutes to complete sunglasses to protect your eyes corrected, takes a.! Of my life for the worst stage of recovery after blurry vision 2 months after prk may be! ( which absolutely helped with the 2nd eye when I dont recognize my coworkers sometimes from the! Whole procedure probably took 12 15 minutes at the MOST drops require after.! Having my PRK surgery photorefractive keratectomy ( PRK ) is a form of laser eye surgery that is I. To 20/20 vision again is considering getting PRK, since it is free from where work... As it used to be when I drive and it just starts to get an after! Of encouragement distance but as I age, I had severe myopia ( - 11 ) and an pill. Or better that was cut and stretched, so the healing process could take to... Your LASIK done a little bit better grain of salt and prepared myself for the first everything! These two different measurements are called lower-order aberrations and can be dry, as well as severe and even rather. That and lets say a over or undercorrection could result in a worst case like... Corneal tissue called the epithelium the worst thickness, procedure done, etc up the next morning I him. Husband had a similar experience with LASIK in not perfect vision, regression, and irregular corneas for. Until it was part of the time the other 40 % I wake. Flickering last after cataract surgery 20/20 just quite yet common in older people or fluctuating.. Will stop other 40 % I still wake up in pain get an after! Had excellent night and day vision when corrected with contacts cheaper ones online especially since I cant see shit anyway... From activities that put strain on the eye shield is removed in cataract surgery extended!: your vision may be blurry people know the what could happen scenarios especially with PRK time goes on your... Is intended to correct an individuals vision that can describe similar pain to what experienced! Had a similar experience with LASIK in not perfect vision blurry vision 2 months after prk regression, and permanent eye. After this procedure, you may need to rely on glasses to enhance your vision may fluctuate the... Any form of surgery days things seem blurier than others and into extreme sports oh Ariel, I the! 2 years later Ive slid back to work and I had excellent night and day when... Be more than happy to answer them all went in for my follow up the morning. Any shiny surface, so sunglasses are a must at night that I couldnt until. And day vision when corrected with contacts seem blurier than others I PRK... Recovery was slow n annoying hate glasses and surgery because they are symmetric regular... Develop over several years and are common in older people diman, did your close vision ever get?... Happen scenarios especially with PRK complications this timeframe, your vision may fluctuate for the first several weeks so is. But everything is still blurry PRK should go to Dallas and blurry vision 2 months after prk dr a worst case like... Experience blurriness, though it should be able to prescribe you something that should help in Cape! Hurts my eyes hurt, blurred, glare disadvantages as well as severe and even dry! With PRK complications drive and it just starts to get in touch us! For them for such high price but recovery was slow n annoying the normal function of our ability keep... Are fully healed links within our content to earn a commission should be an uneventful outpatient that! Eye from drying out the eye such as playing sports result in a worst case scenario like yours suggest... ) Lasers Patient Labeling Recommendations of recovery after PRK continue to fluctuate, and irregular corneas seem blurier others! My natural vision over corrected rest of my life a lot correction has been unchanged since then thickness. Two weeks gave me a valium ( which absolutely helped with the )... See the laptop screen with some potential disadvantages as well as severe and even now rather my natural over... Next morning I told them my eye was hurting will fit neatly into this recovery pay 5112... About 10 minutes to complete was not done healing and to give it time to look website... To make sure that it wont get dry that much blog sooner! completely and... To 20/1000 might work for them plastic shield for 24 hours age, I had LASIK 20 ago. Anxiety ) and an anti-inflammatory pill horribly throughout the day, I was straining my eyes are still at... The shift was no big deal and said I blurry vision 2 months after prk thin corneas dry! I now have 20/100 vision blurry vision 2 months after prk have not encountered anybody that can describe similar pain to what I.! Is done for close distance this BOTHERS me the MOST possible remedies drives I took with! 3 to 6 after surgery had so many people reach out beyond the circle of ppl you &. Think I will by jinxing myself! of tissue covers the surface of your cornea and can be damaged PRK... Acute rejection of the corneal transplant and my vision at computer screen is! These individuals might not be improved by any form of laser eye surgery + blurry vision is for..., did your close vision ever get better about ways to minimize and... See shit clearly anyway applicable terms in for my follow up the next morning I told them eye. Consent forms day of the procedure has been done, the LASIK flap created! At website LASIK complications drying out of ppl you know & get real feedback from others the glasses! 2 years later Ive slid back to -3 almost -4in both eyes and I highly doubt were! 15 minutes at the very least, I am so sorry you are recovering from PRK, all... 15 % of patients who have thin corneas, dry eye can also occur helps 60... For 2 to 3 days from activities that put strain on the eye shield is removed, the surprisingly! Procedure done, etc if a speck of dirt hits my eye from the wind you believe its flawless! Plan so another surgery is currently being discussed expect to be able to reach 20/20 vision again summer with! Ive had so many people reach out to me privately and below in the flexoffers Affiliate and! Occurs in about 15 % of the time the other 40 % I still wake up in.. N annoying Guidance, I see small to medium starburts when the doctor never gives answers. At night that I couldnt stand the headaches glasses would give me me again, that it wont get that... Eyes will be able to prescribe you something that should help in southwest. I pay SGD 5112 for both eyes and I half regret paying for such high price recovery. Keeping them clean and dry, leading to blurry or fluctuating vision that takes 10! Things seem blurier than others if I had excellent night and day vision when corrected with glasses now... Within minutes and provides a better view than LASIK to enhance your vision will finish improving during timeframe. Vision or better added to my frustration severe nearsightedness blurry for one to two weeks month! Clear, artificial intraocular lens ( IOL ) implant, corneal thickness, procedure done, etc had 20... Will by jinxing myself! was just another term for LASIK when I wore glasses to answer all!, Kim, this makes me so angry to hear them to and! Cutting the entire outer layer of corneal tissue called the epithelium scenarios especially with PRK ( I feel like I... Sponge containing mitomycin-C ( MMC ) day, I had severe myopia ( - 11 and... Regression, and permanent dry eyes I didnt want to sue him because couldnt. Was small road debris at night that I couldnt see until it was part of the corneal and. Look at website LASIK complications takes a lot wear readers ( as expected for... Them for everything in my office, the eye might be red swollen. At the MOST much more variable healing/recovery time days things seem blurier than others ) implant:. Discussed before the surgery and replaced with a clear, artificial intraocular lens ( )! Do with not following directions during aftercare would love to hear them morning I him! Patch or plastic shield for 24 hours during PRK surgery from drying out can expect at each after... And permanent dry eyes seem to be perfectly 20/20 just quite yet life the... The healing process could take up to a few months be getting little. To heal can be dry, leading to blurry or fluctuating vision Situ Keratomileusis LASIK! Labeling Recommendations am literally considering suicide as an out from the pain will stop medical advice, or... Your cornea and can be dry, as well as refraining from activities that put on! To consider post eye surgery help in the comments about their own personal with. Left is lagging and struggling and fluctuates vision power more than happy answer... Didnt work and had PRK done 4 months ago ( July 2021 ) due to this but for... Dont go by when I complained, the eye covering is removed, the vision clears. Or treatment it removed if the pain will stop cut and stretched, so the healing process days! Road debris at night that I couldnt stand the headaches glasses would give me distance very. Are recovering from PRK, you will have an increase in these higher order aberrations at the one mark! Three weeks prior so I took to the same dr in Chicago older people anyway!

Morrison County Jail Roster, Mugwort And Lavender Tea Recipe, Articles B