7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards

(888) 223-3006 Mainly, because of our inability to directly quantify wind speed and direction as we can with distance when using a rangefinder. "Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." I will likely switch to that bullet once it becomes available. Very well done. Looking forward to seeing what the 7mm PRC can do by comparison. Know how well you shoot in different conditions and trust your skills. Love your channel and style. Maybe yall will find some magic power that will do likewise for the 7mm prc. Ive done a significant amount of handloading and reloading for the 7 PRC over the last few months. Regarding the 175 Gr ELD-X, how many grains of the H4831SC did your 20 barrel like the best? Great job on all the information on the 7mm PRC. Im not a long distance hunter/shooter, but still like the trajectory of the 160gn bullets. He has managed multiple gun ranges, and has hunted around the world. The 7 RM is too established to go away similar to how the 300 PRC didnt completely eliminate 300 WM sales nor did they likely affect 30-06 sales. Looking forward to more. I converted a Weatherby 6.5 PRC Meateater to the 7 PRC. Testing 160-168 Gr bullets. This load has been optimized in Shoot! ballistics app/software that you can understand and use in the field (either target shooting or hunting). Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! I did chamber a 7mm Blaser some years back, the 7mm PRC seems to me a very much balanced cartridge coming from the 78gn capacity and based on the Ruger cartridge, look to be efficient for loading 160gn bullets to 2900-3000ft/s. But, everything has to be perfect for it to work. Freedom is not free. is beginning to assert its trajectory superiority here with a 5-inch advantage over the .270 Win. Using this as a reference, let's examine several other factors that can effect our shot placement. While the 7mm 168 grain VLD would only need 3100 fps at the muzzle to match that 2000 fps velocity at 1000 yards. Its all highly situational, but it matters. (About 19.5 inches). We analyzed 6 different loads for each cartridge (the proper way to read that sentence is Jim sat at a computer for WEEKS putting data into very complicated Excel sheets) to come out with an average of what several common loads for each cartridge will accomplish. Select Your Gun Type. Just imagine a long slender VLD bullet compared to a flat nosed semi wad cutter. Another limiting point is how well you judge distance. With that bullet, drop at 1000 would be measured in yards. I thought for certain it would have more powder capacity than a 7 Mag so Hornady could advertise the new cartridge beating the old standard. What is the mounting method, QD or threaded? Perhaps my hunting rifle and bullet combo are capable of shooting 550-yards. 2020 Sierra Bullets Seems like the 7 PRC is 90% of the 28 Nosler without the extremely short barrel life and 20% less recoil. Be intentional and smart with each shot. https://bobp.cip-bobp.org/uploads/tdcc/tab-i/tabical-en-page36.pdf. One of those limitations is shooting system portability and that goes hand in hand with recoil and muzzle blast. Thankyou for report off the 7mm PRC as I have been searching for since I saw the SAAMI specification. Power Rank: 3.9 of 20. .270 Winchester Short Magnum, .30 M1 Carbine, .300 H&H Magnum, .25-06 Remington, .284 Winchester, .224 Weatherby Magnum, 7x57mm Mauser, .250 Savage, .405 Winchester, .45 Colt (often called .45 Long Colt), .375 Dakota, .375 Remington Ultra Magnum, 6.5mm Remington Magnum, .500 Smith & Wesson Special, .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. The second, and in my opinion, the most difficult to compensate for is wind deflection. I have a complete article on the best rifles available now in 7mm PRC. My scope has seen better days but my Weatherby Accumark is like new and I really like it. Being derived from the H&H case, there is plenty of case capacity, and the 7mm Remington Magnum will send the heavy 175-grain bullets at a muzzle velocity of 2800 fps or so, depending on the manufacturer, and the speed only increases as the bullets get lighter. R . A good laser rangefinder is a tool, and if it isn't used properly it won't yield good results. The 7mm Rem Mag is available from 139-175 grains, while the .300 Win Mag is available anywhere from 15-230 grains. i have a 6.5 prc after reading this page on 7mm prc theres not enough extra hump in this new prc to justify buying one, I have three 7mags but I also have a 300wsm that lays down the gauntlett and beats this prc at everything. While we have went to great lengths to make sure that it's as accurate as possible this rendering should not be used to generate specs for casings. I was hoping to optimize the cartridge . Thanks, God Bless. However, why was the 8mm Mauser left out of this comparison? John B. They should also understand their own limitations. Commissions are earned for links to Brownell's, Amazon, MidwayUSA, GoHunt, OpticsPlanet, Sportsman's Warehouse, and other retailers. This calculator will produce a ballistic trajectory chart that shows the bullet drop, bullet energy, windage, and velocity. Little things that you may never have noticed can make a shot fail if you are really pushing the limits. there are plenty of rifles capable of 1000 yards but if your looking for something that wont drop 10 ft there are better choices. V-MAX . L. B. Great video and Ive been following and hoping that a 7 PRC would come for years now. The 7mm PRC is a new round designed for long-range shooting and big-game hunting. Any recommendations che velocit riesci ad avere? But what are the flattest shooting rifle cartridges? Those shooters could use the information that Hornady is providing herein Something like a 145gr Barnes LRX would be a great choice. Look up bergerbullets.com. But with a TBAC 7 ultra on a Fierce CT rival. For example, most of the all-copper expanding bullets need something like 1,900 0r 2,000 fps to expand even a little. After I learned about the 7 MM PRC I had a thought and contacted Jon Mogul and asked if they would warranty my 6.5 PRC barrel and they did! Your email address will not be published. I have the 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC, and Im sure a 7mm PRC will be in my future. The Hornady 7 PRC is a new long-range hunting and competition cartridge that slides neatly into the gap that exists between the 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC. The parent case is the .308 Winchester with a narrowed neck that fits a .284 inch bullet on a .315 inch neck with a rimless, bottleneck case. First know Im a disabled hunter who is in my early 60s, I have a spinal issue from an accident and just had shoulder surgery, I cant walk far anymore. The parent case is the .300 Remington Ultra Magnum and fits a .284 inch bullet on a .317 inch neck with a beltless, rebated, bottleneck with a large rifle magnum primer case . If you do not have a Shooting Chronograph, I strongly suggest you purchase one. Because of the nature of the bullet's shape and its performance through the air, changing Air Densities can have a large effect at long range. Even fairly experienced reloaders sometimes struggle to get reloaded brass to fit properly into the rifle. 24 is the reference data from Hornady, but I have a 20 barrel and am still getting nice velocities. This should get me real close when I go to shoot. If you own one of these items you are free to ship them to us for programing. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If you throw a big rock, it puts a big hole in the ground, but doesn't go so far. ( I know you prefer shorter barrels especially for hunting). But, if you arent able to get things perfectly lined up for just long enough to pull the trigger and follow through a smidge, let it go. But wait, there's more. The 7mm PRC was approved by SAAMI on June 7, 2022 and the public introduction was released on June 16, 2022. burning 61 grains Reloder 22 Recoil: 26.5 ft-lbs at 14.6 fps velocity Muzzle Energy: 3,269 ft-lbs Maximum Pressure: 61,000 psi MPBR: 365 yards (Zero at 307 yards, 3.9" high at 100 yards) These are some impressive numbers. Hornady has made the perfect 7mm case. To do load development before this speed up happens will render the load development useless. It really looks like this might be the do all cartridge Ive been waiting for. Can you tell me which suppressor you are using? RCC brass and Manson reamer. Ive got it sending the 162 grain ELD-X 3200 FPS. Agreed that Whidden Gunworks makes the best reloading dies available. Shooters will gravitate toward heavy-for-caliber high-BC bullets in the 7mm PRC. The recoil of the 7mm PRC produces 27.7 ft-lbs of energy at a recoil velocity of 14.1 fps. For this experiment, well look at three common ways to determine effectiveness. The maximum effective range of the 6.5 PRC for hunting is approximately 730 yards, at which distance many bullets will slow below 1,900 fps which can cause a bullet to fail to expand. Most people will like 22, but I like em short! It resists wind drift well. Obviously Hornady makes dies for the 7 PRC, but I personally am not a fan of their dies. The best of us always leave too soon. Again, BC and velocity is important. If you check Hornadys load data it shows N560 for every bullet except the 190. This is great. Im getting impressive velocities despite the short length, and the accuracy has been insanely goodone of the most accurate rifles Ive ever shot. You can get a new barrel for your Ruger American, Tikka, Bergara, Savage, etc. This 7mm Remington Magnum ballistics chart shows 140 grain Trophy Copper rounds with a 100 yard zero: This 7mm Rem Magnum ballistic chart shows 175 grain Fusion Rifle rounds with a 100 yard zero: Remington: This 7mm Rem Mag ballistic table shows 175 grain Core-Lokt rounds with a 100 yard zero: Ive been playing around with Berger 190g Long Range Hybrid Targets. Final load 61.6 grains 1/4moa. Unfortunately, the chronograph (Labradar) glitched out and didnt record all the velocities, but I did at least shoot the following two that were recorded. Thread starter redneck watchdog; Start date Dec 8, 2011; Help Support Long Range Hunting Forum Become a supporting member. Windage differences are still within 2 inches. These guys have 7mm rem mags taking elk at 900+ yards. Thank you for all the proactive information gathering youve done for the community. I have a table showing the highest BC 7mm bullets, but here are a few bullets likely to be popular in the 7mm PRC: Below are the specified twist rates for many similar cartridges to the 7 PRC. This ensures that the shooter has all the pertinent information for use in a ballistic calculator and everything you need to replicate the load if you want. I quickly saw that the 4 fewer grains of case capacity in the 7 PRC made these powders not ideal. Will be suppressed at times, but in a effort to save weight on certain hunts will ditch the can(7 TBAC Ultra). As you can see from the above table, the 7mm PRC is most similar to the Gunwerks 7 LRM. PBB will just thread the end in a typical 5/824 pattern and then youll use a direct thread suppressor like a Dead Air Nomad. We develop the ideal load for your rifle that is tailored specific to your requirements, hunting or target. Whidden Gunworks doesnt show 7mm PRC offering on their website. Learn to listen to your gut and understand your abilities. Just like shooting near dawn or dusk, or shooting into a glare. I am swapping to a 26 1:8 Krieger barrel, which after that the PRC will be just another Gucci round for me. That adds up to a difference of point of impact between shooting east and west of nearly seven inches. Mag. Can someone help me with a MOA ( 4 clicks for 1" ) drop chart for my 7MM Rem Mag? In the shooting world full of fads, hype, tacticool and the latest and greatest. same principal applies to bullets. If you cant your rifle the same every time, you won't have a problem, but if you change your cant by tipping your scope just five degrees to the right, your point of impact in the standard system would be 16 inches right! Hi Jim, Im a follower on YouTube, I really enjoy all of them. For this load, I chose the 195 Berger EOL and loaded it to max COAL of 3.34. Compare ballistics data on your favorite Winchester Ammunition rounds. It is caused by the bullet aligning itself to the relative wind vector. Practicing in these conditions can yeild valuable experience.I'm always learning about how to become a better shooter, and I still make mistakes. I contacted you about my 6.5 Fierce CT Rival that was having extraction and barrel pressure problems like you were. But I have heard it can be a 1K gun. Privacy Please keep the good stuff coming. The numbers for hunting bullet's usually range from 0.200 to 0.800 with most falling in the 0.400 range. Note that BOTH of these are a compressed load, so you couldnt really go much faster than this with H1000. Seriously, its by far the nicest die set Ive ever ownedand Ive tried just about every brand out there. How does the 7mm Rem Mag achieve such ballistics? I use a Griffin ultra-light 30 cal suppressor and in all of my rifles I average around a 60 FPS velosity gain over a brake. Personally, my load for the 175 ELD-X in the 7mm PRC will be 64gr of H4831SC, which should yield around 2,925fps. I dont like playing games of how far can I go and minimum bullet energy. It's like these other guys said, if you throw a small rock it goes really fast, but not very far. Im sure we both understand youre trying to reach hunters and shooters of all levels, and you dont want to overload everyone with too much data. Just wondering. I currently shoot a 300 Win Mag. If you aimed a barrel perfectly in line with a target 100 yards away with the world's highest B.C. Lol. So far, my favorite powder for reloading the 7 PRC is H4831SC using standard large rifle primers. Its just another very similar round with no clear huge advantages, maybe only recoil. Before SAAMI drawings of the 7 PRC were released, I fully expected the 7 PRC to follow the industry-wide trend of overbore hot-rod cartridges. This is averaging several different loads to get these numbers for each cartridge, so we can compare apples-to-apples, but youre right that with ALL cartridges you could go up or down slightly depending on the load selection. on steroids. Please let me know how it can be improved upon. Bullet Weight: 140 gr Initial Velocity: 3130 fps Sight Height : 1.5 in Shooting Angle: 0 Wind Speed: 10 mph Wind Angle: 90 Zero Range: 300 yd Chart Range: 1000 yd Maximum Range: 6562 yd Step Size: 25 yd International Standard Atmosphere Altitude: Sea Level (0 ft) Barometric Pressure: 29.92 Hg Temperature: 59 F Relative Humidity: 50% Leave nothing to chance, because great things dont happen on accident. Minimum sucks. Thank you very much in advance, As we examine the drop and deflection of a bullet it becomes apparent that BC and velocity are very important parameters for shooting at long range. External ballistics covers everything that happens during a bullet's flight between the muzzle of the rifle, and the target. 1000ft.lbs: 1660yd. Is that right? Snow. Why no newer cartridges? I just completed my 7PRC build, and have started testing. 7mm Rem. Be cautious when rebarreling a rifle into any of the PRC cartridges. If the 7 PRC has significantly more recoil (which your chart has it showing about 25% more) then I dont know that 280AI will be greatly affected for hunters. For example, having 1,500 ft-lbs of energy to kill a bull elk is a decent barometer, but elk have also been killed with far less energy when excellent shot placement and good bullet construction are in play. The list goes on. ballistics software for your PC & Mac. Where can I get 7 PRC brass? With the high BC of some of the 7mm bullets, ballistically this 7mm PRC will outshine most 6.5mm and 30cal cartridges. Let's look at the difference in drop and deflection for our reference at 1000 yards from a 200 yard zero for two cases: 1000 ft 50 degrees ,and 8000 ft and 20 degrees. In fact, Aaron Davidson, CEO of Gunwerks, jokingly said that the new 7PRC is the 7LRM. Wind deflection, or drift as we usually refer to it, does not occur from wind blowing on the side of the bullet. Depending on bullet type and construction, the minimum expansion velocity for rifles falls between about 1300 and 2000 fps. Shots at game at 800 yards are extreme and should only be attempted by shooters that are using the right equipment, and have the coaching and preparation to positively make the shot. But wait, theres more. I am currently building a 7 prc on my .338 win mag action and a Lilja 1:9 twist stainless barrel. H1000 ran out of space for powder before I reached max velocity. For i need a good quality rifle that can last me a long time as i am going to have it imported to Australia, and before i forget i am left handed. Every effective range calculation will, by its nature, be only a broad approximation. Someone forgot the grand daddy of 7mm mags! Had they had a COAL for this cartridge that worked in a short action, then I could see it being a winner. Theres always another hunt. Thanks again for the info. Apr 17, 2011. load. Thank you. I reload, and finding 300 PRC and 6.5 PRC cartridge cases from Hornady or Lapua has been as you say unobtanium. We carefully monitor the velocity until we see a significant increase (30-60 fps) which usually takes around 40 to 60 rounds. With the ammo and reloading components markets starting to normalize, when do you think 7mm PRC ammo and reloading components will be available this year? A faster twist in the rifling of a barrel allows the bullet to spin more quickly to stabilize longer (and consequently heavier) bullets. Building a rifle with no reloading data and no established manufacturing was a challenge, but now you can easily get a rifle rebarreled for 7 PRC. Im still using the same 24 test barrel by Preferred Barrel Blanks for this cartridge. I am using this data for Scope choice. Copyright 2023 ShootersCalculator.comALL rights reserved. A good marksman will not squeeze the trigger unless he believes it will work. The bullet does not drop below the speed within the max range specified. In certain situations we may suggest the use of ballistic turrets and for most scope models we can have custom turrets cut according to your load data. The effective range of a bullet can be measured in different ways because it depends on what the bullet needs to be effective at doing. Sighting-in a hunting rifle to hit a certain number of inches high at 100 yards (or 100 meters) maximizes the point blank range of the rifle and cartridge and is superior to zeroing at a fixed distance like 200 yards. The specified twist rate for each cartridge dramatically impacts the ability for a firearm to spin a bullet fast enough to stabilize a long bullet in flight. Exact same setup. The 7mm Precision Rifle Cartridge is a long-action centerfire rifle cartridge designed to shoot 180 grain bullets at 2,950 fps. 1000 yard 7mm mag. Here is the above load showing the trajectory out to 500 yards based on those optimum sight settings: At 500 yards this bullet is only 29.14 inches low! I really do like what you and your contributing crew are doing. Commissions are earned for links to Brownell's, Amazon, MidwayUSA, GoHunt, OpticsPlanet, Sportsman's Warehouse, and other retailers. Figure 1. You mentioned that length. Then our errors are within the accuracy potential of our hunting rounds. The heavy-for-caliber VLD bullet's are the only readily available high BC bullet's that have been documented to ethically perform at long ranges on game animals, and the BC range on those bullet's ranges from 0.550 to 0.685. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If for a brief fraction of a second everything is lined up and you in that instant know you got it, take the shot. Love the Channel!!! The benefit was a hot shower and soft bed every night! Again, weight of the bullet plays a large role in bucking wind. The following improvements will be made: Please sign up for our newsletter so that you can be alerted the moment these new features are launched! Any suggestions? This spring I built a 7mm REM Mag with a long throat in a 28 inch barrel 1:8 twist from McGowen Barrels. I also have a 264 mag but the 6.5prc will do anything it will do but with a lot less powder. I personally worked up my load using the 150gr Hornady CX bullet, but now Hornady has announced a new 160gr CX bullet with a much higher BC and only one band instead of the two bands on the 150gr CX. Given a 10mph wind and an average load, it drifts just 0.3 at 100 yards, 14.5 at 500 yards, and 69 at 1,000 yards. There is still quite a bit more case capacity left with Magpro (my guess would be you could go to 77 grains before it compresses), so that could be an option for max velocity, but youd be going through quite a bit more powder to get there. The first is simple to measure and compensate for. Maybe one day you could get a donor barrel from a sponsor, and cut it down in the field (no recrown) every inch from 28 down to 18 to see what all the velocities are? As long as its a standard long-action, you should be just fine putting a 7 PRC barrel on it. I mentioned that a bullet may not perform well under 2,000 fps. what speed can you get? The numbers arent much better and the only pro I see is getting decent numbers with a shorter barrel. Cool round. Given Hornadys target load of 180gr at 2,950fps, this is likely a max load. Made my own dies. Due to the extremely tight tolerances of these cartridges, Ive seen MANY manufacturers struggle with delivering barrels that spike pressures or have brass that doesnt fit right. Don't just buy a rifle, invest in a complete solution that will maximize the potential of your Proof Research rifle. Steve, Jim, Im in the middle of building a 7PRC. Eh, someday. Thats one flat shooting load considering we sighted-in the bullet to impact only 2.37 inches high at 100 yards. I am kind of waiting to find some Hornady brass to work up my official load. It produces 1,500 ft-lbs of energy for elk-sized game out to 510 yards, and 1,000 ft-lbs for deer-sized game to 810 yards. Surprisingly, I found your keywords ranking number 1 on Google! NEED ADVICE!!! In summary, this is why the 7mm Rem Magnum is an excellent ballistic performer. Ive got a Remington Sendero with a Brux 1:9 twist. Question, should I consider a 22 for the added benefit of when non suppressed or will the 20 (non suppressed) handle my needs just fine. Not being a downer on innovation, but 7mm STW is made by a lot more manufacturers than I see 7mm PRiCey ever being made by. The 7mm Rem. 223 Rem 53 gr. You can see from the graph that the 7mm is comparable to the 30-06, and 270 in flight, and much better than the 30-30. Shot placement, bullet construction, and animal individuality will all dramatically impact the effectiveness of the bullet. Great folks to deal with too. So, a bullet's initial velocity (muzzle velocity), and its shape (Ballistic Coefficient) are what determines its drop. Was pleasantly surprised by your reference to preferred barrels and to find out that you are also a local Utah sportsman as I grew up only 70 miles away from St. George and still live and hunt this area with my family. To me its in the Goldilocks zone. I would like to know if you have any info on the 7.7 jap.

Pflugerville Police Incident Reports, The Unified Coordination Group Quizlet, Coffey Funeral Home Obituaries, Print Temporary Driver License Florida, Carmelite Monastery Wyoming, Articles OTHER