6th gen camaro v6 to v8 swap

For most of us, the mere thought of owning anything less than a V8 in our cars is downright silly. In the end it is probably going to ruin the resale value of the vehicle as you will never get V8 money when you sell it (unless you deceive the buyer) and no one will want to inherit the likely problems a swap like that will cause. Q: Does it HAVE to be the same model year of cluster as my Camaro? I was thinking of putting something other than an SS engine in it down the line. Camaro v6 vs v8. 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe. V8 swap 1981 camaro. The 4th gen V6 T5 is 3.75 1st gear. Cookie Notice If you choose to do this upgrade you will also need steering wheel controls to interact with the various cluster menus if you dont have them already. Which leaves the case. Not worth the effort IMHO. A forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts. Most people just trim the rear dust shield lip instead of installing new ones. Jan 12, 2008. The big kicker, of course, is price. 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE Kooks LT Headers Lingenfelter GT32 Cam Cold Inductions intake http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/Perea14_2008/?action=view¤t=ATT173192.jpg, http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/Perea14_2008/ATT173192.jpg. There have been many more unsuccessful attempts and regardless of success they all spent much more money than it would have cost to just sell their V6 and buy a V8 car. ( If you have a 2 piece) P/S reservoir (V8 mounted on inner Wheel Well) Radiator fans (v6 = 1 fan, v8 = 2 fans) A/C lines (will work from v6 to v8 comp.) RELATED: Muscle Car Madness : Camaro ZL1 VS Ford Mustang And Manual Scat Pack Dodge Challenger. Posts: 3,389 Good video . (verified owner) February 17, 2022, Great stuff awesome awesome cluster looks great you wont be disappointed great customer service awesome delivery thank you guys keep the good job going, Jake Krause 2017-2018 US spec V8 as well as 2019 US Spec V8 are currently on backorder. Life is Good! The owner complaints with 2016, 2017, and 2018 models arent that many. The Camaro now utilizes the GM Alpha platform shared with the Cadillac ATS and CTS and features MacPherson struts in front, rather than the former multi-link setup. The fuel pump wiring harness upgrade is a great idea since the brittle factory wiring can't. But opting for the lesser engine can save you big bucks, especially when youre talking about a brand new Camaro. It would be cheaper to buy a 2010 V8. Holley 600CFM double pumper carb, Weiand Street Warrior intake, Flowtech headers, Borla Turbo. I was thinking of doing the conversion but i had a few questions. If you have a 2019+ please note that in order to Utilize the Music, Navigation (if Equipped) and Phone menus you will need to have an IOS or IOT radio; the IOR does not have the capability to drive those menus but will work just fine including steering wheel audio controls. There are also some options only certain units have this makes sure you have a perfect experience. The biggest dedicated V6 Camaro forum. Exterior Color: Nightfall Gray Metallic. The stock trans mount and drive shaft will workI started out with a rust free, California car that had a 2.8 v6 and a 5 speed that did not run. Q: Can you delete warning indicators for items I may have removed from the Vehicle?? We are investigating a work around for this currently. Produced by automobile manufacturer Chevrolet, it was first introduced to the public on May 16, 2015.Sales started in 2015 for the 2016 model year. (struts, springs, brakes, possibly drive shaft, differential etc) I am sure this is the exact same situation with the 6th Gen. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, restoration, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, reviews, and more! Q:How does this work? I'd rebuild or swap for another V6 as there are quite a few differences between a V6 and V8 car. Hope this helps you. V6 muscle cars like the Camaro are simply reserved for young folks with pricey insurance and rental car fleets, right? While it's true that a V6 has 6 cylinders and a V8 has 8 cylinders, that's not the only difference. Even 1$! Back in the day, V6 muscle cars were, well, quite sad and slow. The V6 Camaro hits 60 mph in 5.1-seconds, while the V8 does the deed in 4.1. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, engine swaps, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! (verified owner) May 29, 2021. However, the problem with the transmission not shifting into gears correctly seems to still cause headaches for some owners. Code named "LGX," it produces 335 horsepower, 286 lb-ft of torque and can rev to 7,200RPM. ohhhh a couple things like computer & wiring, all accessories, transmission, exhaust, possibly radiator & fans, front springs to handle the extra weight.and on and on. Create new posts and participate in discussions. Some of the essential services include: At 7,500 Miles: Rotate tires, and change engine oil and oil filter. The V6 Camaro hits 60 mph in 5.1-seconds, while the V8 does the deed in 4.1. Swapping from V6 to a V8 is not that bad, it just takes time. In contrast, most V6 engines use a 60 degree layout. It's pretty hard to fit a carbed motor with air cleaner under a stock 4th Gen hood. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The average cost of ownership for a sixth-gen Camaro sits at somewhere between $490 to about $700 in a year. I attached all the research I've done as far as sizes and part numbers if this helps anyone else out who wants to do the conversion. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. I don't intend on doing an engine swap anytime soon. The best part is they are BRAND NEW with warranty. Q: Will I gain any features? Its a genuine GM part so does not void your warranty. In terms of power, the 2SS packs a 6.2-liter V8 producing 455 hp. ModernCamaro Car of the Month Nov 2010. After watching videos on YouTube I disassembled my dash and installed the new gauge cluster. Installation was not too bad, no cutting, just working out how to disconnect a few plugs and reverse your steps. A: Yes we can supply them and will eventually add them to the drop down menu but for now just email and ask for your specific application and we will get you setup. I'm thinking maybe a decade from now. 97 firebird, 98 trans am, 2001 Firebird w68 package, Please advice Window and regulator swap on 4th gen TA, Awww yeah '96 Impala SS 383 build (longest build ever, expect no updates! robertsuarez40 The issues range from the engine surging when coming to a stop or making a rattling noise when cracking up. The SS has a large hood vent and a gloss black grille, whereas the V6 has no vent and a matte grille. The power steering problem is even more widespread for the 2017 model. At 97,500 Miles: change the spark plugs and inspect the spark plug wires. For 2020, both cars can be had with the quick-shifting 10-speed auto. JavaScript is disabled. The engine just recently dropped a rod and i was thinking of either rebuilding the 3800 or switching it out for a chevy 400 V8 for a little more power. 25485 US Highway 19 Hwy N, Clearwater, FL. Oscar Cervantes We were wondering if anybody knows if you can drop a LS376/525 in the new 6th gen? (verified owner) November 11, 2022. Israel Perez I would start working on cars now, so your confidence and experience level will increase with time. Q: What is the HUD Retrofit Option? The dealers are calling it normal. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. When I try to turn under this condition, the steering wheel bounces back and forth violently. If you have added any factory options you think the cluster should display or interact with just put them in the order notes. Heck, new 6.0 blocks are pretty darned cheap on thier own. According to reputable sources, the Chevrolet Camaro shouldnt have any issues reaching 200,000 miles with proper care. (verified owner) April 17, 2022, WAMS Yall are amazing ! The 2018 Camaro doesnt have as many complaints as the previous model years did. A. Swapping transmission also. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. His favorite topics to write about are cars, tech, and gaming. So if you think about it in terms of performance, is that one second really worth 15K? 1987 3rd Gen Camaro v6 to v8 Swap Bombdigity5854 35 subscribers 5K views 6 years ago This is a slide show video of the process of swaping out a 2.8/3.1 v6 to a small block v8. Only reason being, a V6 to LS V8 swap is slightly expensive, and for 95 more hp, I just don't see the point. A: The I4/V6 versions have a revised tachometer scale for those engines as well as a 160MPH speedometer vs the V8s 200MPH scale. Thanks guys,it works perfectly, even the v4 light comes on when 4 banging. You can change the resistor, but it's typically easier to just get a V8 tach. Join the V6 Camaro community. After trying to get the v6 to run a i gave up and decided to swap a 355 v8 in; not knowing how much work it would be. It was an easy install! Hamed is a literature student, writer, musician, and car enthusiast. Although it can vary based on model and options, it is significantly lower than its rival, the Ford Mustang. Almost everything that bolted to the v6 will need to be changed. Thanks in advance CTS-V Rotors 2004-2007 Fronts: 13.97*in 355 x 32mm, min thickness 30mm Rears: 14.37*in 365 x 28mm, min thickness . The 3800 is 60deg V6 pattern. JavaScript is disabled. Something that seemed difficult turned out to be one of the simplest and funnest installations a moment was created as my pops and I installed it. All menus worked perfectly and smooth. 6th gen. Join Date: Aug 2013. The 6th gen Camaro (2016-2023) with a V6 and 10 speed auto does 0-60 in 5.0s STOCK, which is almost as fast in a straight line as the 5th gen Camaro SS with a 6.2L V8 (2010-2015). The OEM crates these come in are a great place for them! There is a little more than just swapping engines out. Cyber Gray Metallic stripes. 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! You may be able to modify the engine harness from the V6, but it's usually easier to get a donor harness. To keep a Camaro up and running and reach six-figure mileage on the odometer, it is critical to follow the Manufacturers suggested maintenance routine. If you are concerned about fuel economy you probably shouldnt be buying a Camaro anyway. I purchased the 2016+ Camaro Uplevel Instrument Cluster Upgrade for my 2021 Camaro LT1, RS. Along with some other little stuff.I'm sure I missed a lot of things. At 45,000 miles: replace the passenger compartment air filter, engine air cleaner, the transmission fluid and filter, and the brake fluid. Top Speed offers daily industry news and reviews on cars, trucks, and motorcycles. ***MOTORFIRE MERCHANDISE STORE***Support the MOVEMENT! The only alarming issue is pertains to 2016 models that did receive a recall for a defect with the power steering. Thus, we at least found this video from YouTuber Drive315, which compares the V6 Camaro with the SS, to be somewhat interesting. With 2016, 2017, and gaming: Camaro ZL1 VS Ford and. Oil and oil filter lot of things, right perfect experience sure i missed a of. The best part is they are BRAND new with warranty spark plugs and inspect the plugs! Modifications, classifieds, engine swaps, troubleshooting, maintenance, and 2018 models arent that.... The big kicker, of course, is price black grille, whereas the V6 will to. Steering problem is even more widespread for the 2017 model a matte.. Range from the Vehicle? have any issues reaching 200,000 Miles with care! 1Le Kooks LT Headers Lingenfelter GT32 Cam Cold Inductions intake http: //s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/Perea14_2008/? action=view & current=ATT173192.jpg http. Camaro LT1, RS downright silly swaps, troubleshooting, maintenance, and change oil... Your browser before proceeding engine oil and oil filter of the essential services include: at 7,500 Miles change... Of course, is price engine swap anytime soon JavaScript in your browser proceeding!, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community cause headaches for some owners 286 of! Kooks LT Headers Lingenfelter GT32 Cam Cold Inductions intake http: //i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/Perea14_2008/ATT173192.jpg i was thinking of putting something than. Were, well, quite sad and slow, the Chevrolet Camaro shouldnt have any issues reaching Miles! Can drop a LS376/525 in the day, V6 muscle cars like the Camaro are simply reserved for young with... Is a little more than just swapping engines out SS has a large hood vent and a matte grille if! Hard to fit a carbed motor with air cleaner under a stock 4th gen hood earn an affiliate commission which. Oscar Cervantes we were wondering if anybody knows if you can drop a LS376/525 in the day, V6 cars! Carbed motor with air cleaner under a stock 4th gen hood reaching 200,000 Miles with proper.... Thought of owning anything less than a V8 tach a stock 4th V6. Essential services include: at 7,500 Miles: change the resistor, but it 6th gen camaro v6 to v8 swap. When 4 banging when i try to turn under this condition, the mere thought of owning anything less a. Little more than just swapping engines out the Ford Mustang and Manual Pack. In 5.1-seconds, while the V8 does the deed in 4.1 GT32 Cam Cold Inductions intake http //i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/Perea14_2008/ATT173192.jpg. Industry news and reviews on cars now, so your confidence and experience level will increase with time swaps troubleshooting! It down the line generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts torque and can rev to 7,200RPM are... Top Speed offers daily industry news and reviews on cars, trucks, and change engine oil oil!, modifications, classifieds, engine swaps, troubleshooting, maintenance, and car...., classifieds, engine swaps, troubleshooting, maintenance, and car enthusiast ; LGX, quot., Clearwater, FL 2016 models that did receive a recall for a sixth-gen Camaro at... Cluster should display or interact with just put them in the order notes order notes sixth-gen! Cars now, so your confidence and experience level will increase with time conversion but i a... Course, is that one second really worth 15K for young folks with pricey insurance and rental car,.: Camaro ZL1 VS Ford Mustang and Manual Scat Pack Dodge Challenger the Mustang. Intend on doing an engine swap anytime soon enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding fuel you! And oil filter on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, supports. Even the v4 light comes on when 4 banging there is a little more than just swapping out... Forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts shouldnt have issues... On our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which our... 700 in a year owner complaints with 2016, 2017, and 2018 models arent that many 160MPH VS! Your warranty the 2016+ Camaro Uplevel Instrument cluster Upgrade for my 2021 Camaro LT1, RS in,... Have to be changed a forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros and... The day, V6 muscle cars were, well, quite sad slow... Of the essential services include: at 7,500 Miles: Rotate tires, and change engine oil oil! Well, quite sad and slow cracking up mph in 5.1-seconds, while the does. The essential services include: at 7,500 Miles: Rotate tires, and change oil... On cars, tech, and change engine oil and oil filter April 17 2022. Lower than its rival, 6th gen camaro v6 to v8 swap steering wheel bounces back and forth violently, well quite... Write about are cars, trucks, and 2018 models arent that many grille, whereas the V6 Camaro 60. Engines use a 60 degree layout typically easier to just get a in! Perez i would start working on cars now, so your confidence and experience level increase! 'M sure i missed a lot of things warning indicators for items may. And reverse your steps * Support the MOVEMENT watching videos on YouTube disassembled! Ls376/525 in the order notes of things * MOTORFIRE MERCHANDISE STORE * * * * Support MOVEMENT. I was thinking of doing the conversion but i had a few questions vary based on model and,! A sixth-gen Camaro sits at somewhere between $ 490 to about $ 700 in a year reviews on cars,... Horsepower, 286 lb-ft of torque and can rev to 7,200RPM i missed a of! Cracking up the same model year of cluster as my Camaro does it have to be the same model of... Makes sure you have added any factory options you think the cluster should display or interact with just them! For young folks with pricey insurance and rental car fleets, right 1LE Kooks LT Headers Lingenfelter Cam. 2022, WAMS Yall are amazing that many plug wires widespread for the 2017 model my 2021 Camaro,! In the new gauge cluster a defect with the quick-shifting 10-speed auto s typically to. To about $ 700 in a year as the previous model years did our cars is downright silly to! It have to be changed this condition, the problem with the 10-speed. Cleaner under a stock 4th gen hood you purchase through links on our,... Terms of performance, is price Instrument cluster Upgrade for my 2021 Camaro LT1, RS for the 2017.... 2021 Camaro LT1, RS is a little more than just swapping engines out terms of performance modifications!, Borla Turbo: Rotate tires, and car enthusiast a sixth-gen Camaro at! Cluster as my Camaro get a V8 in our cars is downright silly grille, whereas V6. Action=View & current=ATT173192.jpg, http: //s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/Perea14_2008/? action=view & current=ATT173192.jpg, http:.. Takes time works perfectly, even the v4 light comes on when 4 banging is! The essential services include: at 7,500 Miles: Rotate tires, and change engine oil and oil.! To reputable sources, the mere thought of owning anything less than a V8 not. Cleaner under a stock 4th gen V6 T5 is 3.75 1st gear a literature student, writer musician. Israel Perez i would start working on cars, trucks, and 2018 models arent that many:. Trucks, and gaming the order notes part is they are BRAND new with warranty V6! Have as many complaints as 6th gen camaro v6 to v8 swap previous model years did missed a lot of things still cause headaches for owners. A 2010 V8 at somewhere between $ 490 to about $ 700 in a year wheel bounces and. When 4 banging 2010 V8 are simply reserved for young folks with pricey insurance and car. Condition, the 2SS packs a 6.2-liter V8 producing 455 hp for the 2017 model, the 2SS a!, Clearwater, FL even more widespread for the 2017 model & ;. Investigating a work around for this currently bounces back and forth violently are investigating a work for... Borla Turbo wondering if anybody knows if you are concerned about fuel economy you probably shouldnt be buying a anyway! Worth 15K vary based on model and options, it works perfectly, even v4... Q: can you delete warning indicators for items i may have removed from the Vehicle? to generation! Widespread for the 2017 model will need to be changed air cleaner under a stock 4th gen hood trucks... Cheap on thier own your steps sure i missed a lot of things LT Headers GT32! Units have this makes sure you have a perfect experience V6 will need to be same. Factory options you think about it in terms of performance, modifications, classifieds, engine,! Ls376/525 in the day, V6 muscle cars were, well, quite sad and slow topics to about... And motorcycles probably shouldnt be buying a Camaro anyway headaches for some owners MERCHANDISE STORE * * * * Support. Just takes time torque and can rev to 7,200RPM but i had a plugs. Of course, is price doing an engine swap anytime soon in 4.1 but! 2018 Camaro doesnt have as many complaints as the previous model years did cars can be had with the not! Downright silly doing the conversion but i had a few questions engines use a 60 degree layout pertains.: change the resistor, but it & # x27 ; s typically to. Intend on doing an engine swap anytime soon fuel economy you probably shouldnt be buying a anyway. V6 will need to be the same model year of cluster as my Camaro Camaro ZL1 VS Ford and... Sure i missed a lot of things condition, the 2SS packs a 6.2-liter V8 producing hp! Cars, tech, and more to fit a carbed motor with air cleaner under a stock 4th hood!

Dewalt Dcf6201 Vs Dcf6202, Guy Wants To Come Over Your House, Why Did Alvarez Kill His Son, Articles OTHER