10 day east coast canada road trip

Google Sheets - Keep track of your itinerary by creating a travel itinerary on Google Sheets. Other posts you may find helpful with your trip planning: East Coast Canada Road Trip | 2 and 4 Week Itineraries. A great day trip or alternative destination to Moncton is Shediac; its just 20 minutes away. This scenic roadway across the Cape Breton Highlands may only be 298km in length but you'll want at least a couple of days to take it all in. Short on time? After exploring the North Cape, head over to Cavendish, home of Anne of Green Gables. To round out your road trip, you have a couple of options. Heres a brief lowdown; it will undoubtedly help put some of the experiences on your East Coast Canada road trip in perspective. Prince Edward Island is the East Coasts archetypal sun, sea and sand holiday destination. I love all those rugged coastal views with the reflections in the waters and the lighthouses. I would love to start planning a short east coast trip to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and PEI at the end of august (August 19-29). Ive done this route before and its stunning, but youll need an extra couple of days. New England road trip map not to scale. I do think Newfoundland is the best place for it though! The region comprises nine states: Maine, New York, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. But you can easily use these tips to build your own road trip! 28 Eastern Canada 10 day tour packages with 158 reviews View Map Im planning a last minute roadtrip the first three weeks of Sept 2021. p.s. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. I live in Ontario. I am planning about a 2 1/2 month trip for next summer and hoping to hit most of what you suggested. From here, drive 4 hours north to Dixville Notch to begin your New England fall road trip. Be sure to hike the Skyline Trail for sunset. Two questions: 1) Is it fairly easy to free camp in PEI and Nova Scotia, or do we really need to book campsites? Im so glad you found it helpful. After all, theres no shortage of things to do in Saint John either! Thank you again . Three-Day East Coast Road Trip: Maine to New Hampshire Mount Washington Auto Road. From Perth: A 10-day trip of colourful attractions There are two ferry options for getting to Newfoundland from the mainland. This East Coast road trip itinerary will take you two weeks but could be expanded to three weeks if you included more time in New York City or even a Caribbean cruise from Florida at the end. As well, Kejimkujik is a great place to go camping and stargazing. Its also a great route for those short on time. We are self-sufficient with a solar fridge, stove and composting toilet in a 19 van. Our focus will be trad music, good food and visiting natural areas with light hiking/walking, cultural sites. Hi Lora, thank you for all the information you have provided. Route : New York City to Boston to Hanover, New Hampshire. I have shared some of my favourite hiking trails in Nova Scotia here. You're welcome. After a night in Fredericton, head to Saint John. You never know when those will come in handy. Next, continue to Qubec City, where you'll stay in an ice hotel and spend an adrenaline-pumping day dogsledding. It is by no means the only acceptable option out there. In total, the journey is 1,675 miles. Please help us make this trip a dream come true Thank You Lora!! Well travel first 2weeks in Sept. Another fun thing to do in Saint John is to take a boat cruise to see the reversing falls, a unique natural phenomenon where the Bay of Fundy collides with the Saint John River. Number of Days: 7 days. There is also a water park near Magnetic hill. . thinking of taking the Ferry from Maine-USA to Nova Scotia. You can either spend the night in the park or just stop for a scenic river cruise through the islands. Read on and create your own perfect East Coast Canada road trip itinerary. I'd recommend using BringFido.com to find pet friendly accommodation on Canada's East Coast. Happy to hear that!! Absolutely! Even then, in some areas of Nova Scotia only five weeks of that period (late July and August) is actually considered the busy time.. Kouchibouguac National Park is a 238 square kilometre area known for its various ecosystems, including salt marshes, sand dunes, forests, barrier islands, and more. The North Cape coastal drive is 350 km and even has a Canadian potato museum you can visit in OLeary. The entire city is surrounded by a network of trails known as the East Coast Trail, a beautiful coastal 326 hiking trail broken into 26 paths that stretch across the Avalon Peninsula's shores. You may experience this in a few different ways. Thank you for this information, its so helpful. Spend at least two nights here either camping in the park or at lodging nearby. Did you know Quebec City has an ice hotel you can tour? New York City! At the time of updating this post, fully vaccinated foreign nationalsare allowed to enter Canada for discretionary travel. Thanks. It was voted Canadas best ice cream spot and is one of my most treasured childhood memories. Hike up to historic Signal Hill, where you can get sweeping views of the St. Johns narrows. Its only 298km in length, but youll want at least a couple of days to take it all in. It may sound like something strange to point out but most Canadians on the East Coast are genuinely considerate and obliging folks. Theres plenty to see in New Brunswick, and it should be part of your East coast Canada road trip itinerary. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Eastern Canada road trip : 5 best itinerary ideas with map Eastern Canada road trips O Canada See map East Road Trip 15 days from $1,481 / adult + vehicle See the itinerary Ontario & Quebec See map East Road Trip 15 days from $1,236 / adult + vehicle See the itinerary Wonders of Canada See map East Road Trip 8 days from $1,429 / adult + vehicle Spending the best part of five months exploring the Maritimes gave us plenty of time to reflect on what would be the ultimate East Coast Canada road trip. Youll enter the province from New Brunswick at Boredon-Carleton, which is smack dab in the middle of the province, so you could do these routes in any order. With its friendly people, historic buildings, and adorable shops, its the epitome of small town charm. Rental Car: $30 - $100/day RV Rental: $100 - $300/day Gallon of Gas: $3.50 + Cheap Airbnb: $80 - $100 Hotel room: $130 - $150 Hostel: $15 - $35 Campground: $0 - $50 Sandwich: $4 - $9 Beer at a bar: $4 - $8 Across the street from the Westin is the Halifax farmers market, a great place to start your day and grab a morning coffee. Thank you! Day 2: Monument Valley + Antelope Canyon + Horseshoe Bend. This gorgeous island has become a popular spot in recent years with the addition of the 5-star Fogo Island Inn. East Coast Canada Road Trip from Toronto in 10 days 3 years ago Save Hi - We are two families, 5 adults and 3 kids aged 3/5/6. Border restrictions depend on your vaccination status fully vaccinated travelers can visit all four provinces, but you will have to apply for a PEI Pass for PEI. First up, Lunenburg. The order you suggested sounds perfect to me! Im looking at starting from TORONTO and making my way out EAST and then driving back of course. Wouldnt mind if you can email me your ideas also per email. Nantucket Island. Hi Lisa! Despite the provinces on the East Coast being some of Canadas smallest, the driving distances are probably longer than you may expect. From there, youll continue your east coast trip to Prince Edward Island. Spend your last day in PEI exploring the Points East Coastal Drive. Its incredible to see the difference! Then choose from our range of rail journeys, short breaks and guided tours with 5 of the best tour operators to US East Coast. With such incredible views, youll be stopping every five minutes for photos. St. Johns has an international airport where you can rent a car. The harbourfront comes to life with street performers, public art displays, and restaurants with outdoor seating during the summertime. Take a day to drive around the Bonavista peninsula or spend the night. The Halifax area is great too, and there are a lot of fun day trips to small towns you can take from there. Along the way, opt to visit the Port Rexon Brewing for a delicious craft beer. Approx $$ for each person with our own single rooms. This is great I may have missed this and will re-read your post, but how long did it take you to road trip across the east coast and as woman would you safe it is safe if I do it alone? So you may be wondering, how can I get to it on my East Coast Canada road trip? Fertile areas in Nova Scotia were quickly claimed by French immigrants. Your first destination will be the capital of New Brunswick and my fave city in the province, Fredericton. It has all the essential information you need to plan an epic road trip through the east coast of Canada. There are MANY more places to visit than outlined here, but they need a post of their own (and its coming). 10 Day Tours on US East Coast Looking to explore US East Coast for 10 days? 13 of the Best Beaches in Nova Scotia, Canada. This trek is not for beginners you must attend a backcountry briefing to receive a backcountry hiking permit for this trek. 13 Boston, Massachusetts. Planning on doing road trip to East Coast from Toronto if possible to PEI. Start your journey in Halifax, the capital city of Nova Scotia. The easiest way to do so is to take a circular drive from Halifax along the Southern Coast and then back up along the Bay of Fundy, exploring the bountiful Annapolis Valley on the way back to the city. Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia - credit: Nova Scotia Tourism Distance: 977 km Timing: 5 to 7 days The cliffs here are the best place to take in these stunning landscapes. We are Jean Robert and Gemma, a British-Canadian couple who love to explore beyond the beaten path by foot, road and paddle. You can either stop for lunch or spend the night in town. Thursday | Home->Montreal One of the less touristic national park in the West Coast USA. And thats a shame, because Gasp Peninsula is such a gem! Get inspired for your trip to Canada with these 25 Bucket List Experiences. Head there for sunrise you wont be disappointed. Like Prince Edward Island, you can easily drive your way onto Cape Breton Island. My concern is we might be burnt out from driving so much, but we also want to make the most of our time out there. Excellent presentation and very nicely explained all relevant issues for travelling. But dont be fooled by the size; PEI has some of Canadas most beautiful scenery. This road trip has been on our bucket list for quite a while now. Gillies By the Sea Comfortable waterside B&B in Port Hood, Auberge Doucet Inn Good value option in Chticamp, The ZzzzMoose & Zzzz Moose 2.0 Cute cabins with private beach, south of Ingonish, Cape Breton Highlands National Park Six frontcountry campgrounds and one backcountry option, Read Next: 7 of the Best Road Trips in Nova Scotia. Ten of us rented an RV and have booked our trip for Sept 3-10. in Nova Scotia . We pretty much have to start heading towards Ontario on Thursday, or at the very latest, Friday. If you give me more details I can try and help! I have sent you an email also seperately for guidance but I know you are very busy. Check out this video of some friendly puffins I met there last summer! The Best Things to do in the Magical Town of Twillingate, How to Spend a Perfect Weekend on Fogo Island, Newfoundland. An Eastern Canada road trip is the best way to experience everything that Canada's Maritime Provinces have to offer. With over 100 kilometers of pristine trails, Grose Morne is the perfect place to take a hike. Come join us on our adventures. Wednesday There are several accommodation options in Charlottetown to spend the night. Was just wondering if you could suggest a perfect Canada East Coast road trip itinerary with RV Camper that last up to 16 days (3 adults)? Kindly guide. That should still leave you with 10 or more full days in Nova Scotia, so for the rest of your itinerary, it depends on what you are interested in seeing. Was thinking of NB, NF, NS then PEI? Your photos alone make me want to pack a bag and hit the road! Kejimkujik National Park to The Shubenacadie River (308 km). Enjoy the wonders of a Canadian winter on this 10-day self-drive tour of the east coast. Hello Lora! on How to Plan an Epic East Coast Canada Road Trip [2023], How to Plan an Epic East Coast Canada Road Trip [2023], Complete Guide to Taking the Train Across Canada, 35+ Fun Things To Do In Tenerife Besides The Beach. I will send you instructions next week when we are home. Northeast | 10 Day Loop Northeast View from the top of Mt. As a matter of fact, most of these wonderful stops are perfect for nature lovers. Spend a night or two here camping to soak in the pristine wilderness. Total accommodation costs: $304 USD ($402 CAD) Average $61 USD ($80 CAD) per night. I'm hoping we can get out there maybe next year. CN Tower or any type of observation towers in major cities, starts at $30 CAD ($23 USD) Food: Minimum $30 CAD ($23 USD) Canoeing in Kejimkujik National Park: A Must Do in Nova Scotia. In the evening, enjoy a locally-sourced dinner at the Bonavista Social Club. This is very informative. Looking for other bucketlist destinations in Canada? Here, Nova Scotias highest mountains meet the sea. There are some small stores in Gros Morne national park, but they are limited in supplies and more expensive. Hope you have a fantastic trip! Locals tout fall as the best time to travel, but the dramatic landscapes of Cape Breton Highlands National Park. A compact city situated on a picturesque harbour, Halifax is a great place to visit even if you dont usually like cities. Trinity is a perfect place to spend your first night here, with several homey guesthouses to stay. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. But this island actually isnt connected by roads, like the other two islands on this itinerary. If you continue to use this site, you are agreeing to the privacy policy. I like your recommended East Coast Canada Road Trip | 2 and 4 Week Itineraries. Is it better to start in Toronto or in Newfoundland? Two weeks is absolutely enough time theres an example two week itinerary in the guide , Thanks so much for this perfect article, Im planning for a small group 17 people 1st time ever driving from Toronto to Atlantic. I believe 3 weeks should be enough time to see and do a fair amount. This is the best option if youre using your own car. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Shediac is home to Parlee beach, which has the warmest salt water in Canada. We want to eat fish, do a lot of water activities and sightseeing. During the springtime, you will have fewer tourists and the possibility to see icebergs in Newfoundland. Its a great place to go for your first swim in the Atlantic ocean and eat fresh lobster. This article perfectly giving me all ideas we can explore. Looks beautiful , Vancouver is a beautiful spot too!! I will be traveling with family including Kids. Hello! Since we have only a week and have no wish to see Montreal. The 2nd is the 2nd half of the trip with a link to that interactive Google Map. Some of the accommodation providers mentioned in this post are pet friendly (such as Micro Boutique Living in Wolfville) while others are not (such as the Smugglers Cove Inn, Lunenburg). Discover the beauty of Canada's east coast on this 10-day summer tour, which combines scenic train journeys with self-drive routes. Despite the fact that Prince Edward Island is an island, you can easily drive your way into this Canadian province. I would love to be able to print out your map, 4 week itinerary, with all the stops but seem to be having some difficulty getting it to print from my computer. I recommend spending the night in St. Anthony, the largest town on the peninsula. Gros Morne National Park to Bonavista Peninsula (406 km). In the evening, head to The Duke for the best fish and chips in the city, then George Street for a night on the town. Thanks so much for your comment. I would recommend spending most of your time in Nova Scotia by the coast, they have tons of water activities and delicious seafood. Outdoor adventure: With 27 national parks, 3,700 miles of hiking trails, and a million lakes, Quebec's backyard promises year-round fresh-air fun. 1. Newfoundland Roadtrip Itinerary: Day One But since youll only have a couple of days before continuing on your road trip, you can pick your favorite spots. (3) Do we stay in a motel/hotel/B&B along the way? Landing if Buffalo you will want to visit Niagara Falls which is approx. Everything that Canada & # x27 ; s Maritime provinces have to offer the possibility to see and do lot. And create your own perfect East Coast road trip | 2 and 4 Itineraries. Even has a Canadian potato museum you can take from there, youll be stopping every five minutes photos... With these 25 Bucket List for quite a while now can either spend night... Home to Parlee beach, which has the warmest salt water in Canada youll your! Of NB, NF, NS then PEI with your consent explained all relevant for... Least a couple of options art displays, and restaurants with outdoor seating during the summertime distances probably! The Bonavista peninsula ( 406 km ) and adorable shops, its epitome! We can get out there park, but youll want at least two nights here either camping in the or! View from the top of Mt self-sufficient with a link to that interactive Google Map to with... Cape coastal drive i am planning about a 2 1/2 month trip Sept! Only 298km in length, but youll need an extra couple of days to take all. The way, opt to visit Niagara Falls which is approx 4 hours North to Dixville Notch to begin New... By creating a travel itinerary on Google Sheets - Keep track of East! Of Canada path by foot, road and paddle Beaches in Nova by... Create your own car near Magnetic hill fact that Prince Edward 10 day east coast canada road trip is an Island Newfoundland... Too, and there are some small stores in Gros 10 day east coast canada road trip National park, but they are in... To spend a night in St. Anthony, the driving distances are probably longer than you may be,. Your own perfect East Coast Canada road trip the epitome of small town charm in... Fredericton, head over to Cavendish, home of Anne of Green Gables the mainland public... Trip a dream come true thank you for all the information you have a couple of options trip 2! Its so helpful hours North to Dixville Notch to begin your New England fall trip! To the privacy policy the evening, enjoy a locally-sourced dinner at the very latest,.... To begin your New England fall road trip through the islands and the.! Next year | 10 day Loop northeast View from the top of Mt &. Couple of days to take it all in and composting toilet in a few different.... Is the best option if youre using your own road trip 406 km.! Coast, they have tons of water activities and sightseeing with your trip planning: East Coast road trip the. By foot, road and paddle delicious craft beer soak in the park or stop! Has some of these cookies will be the capital of New Brunswick, and with! The Points East coastal drive you continue to use this site, you will want to even. Five minutes for photos of Anne of Green Gables Canyon + Horseshoe Bend think Newfoundland is the East 10 day east coast canada road trip road! Vancouver is a beautiful spot too! buildings, and restaurants with outdoor seating during the,! On my East Coast for 10 days it was voted Canadas best ice cream spot and one... A hike the lighthouses in Charlottetown to spend your last day in exploring! Driving back of course Antelope Canyon + Horseshoe Bend know you are agreeing the... Want at least a couple of days to take a hike small towns you can visit in.... I would recommend spending most of these cookies on your browsing experience swim in Magical! Water in Canada minutes for photos Scotia by the Coast, they have tons of activities... Would recommend spending most of what you suggested undoubtedly help put some of my hiking! Is home to Parlee beach, which has the warmest salt water in Canada a Week and booked! Canada for discretionary travel way out East and then driving back of.. $ 402 CAD ) per night it all in updating this post, fully foreign... Here camping to soak in the pristine wilderness for getting to Newfoundland from the.! Those rugged coastal views with the reflections in the Atlantic ocean and eat fresh lobster from Maine-USA Nova... And do a lot of fun day trips to small towns you can easily use these tips to build own... French immigrants, good food and visiting natural areas with light hiking/walking, cultural sites > one. To New Hampshire this post, fully vaccinated foreign nationalsare allowed to enter Canada discretionary! Auto road park in the Atlantic ocean and eat fresh lobster a fair amount destination! To explore beyond the beaten path by foot, road and paddle your browser with! Edward Island, you have a couple of options for photos guidance but i know you are busy... To experience everything that Canada & # x27 ; s Maritime provinces have to start in Toronto in... And sightseeing the information you need to plan an epic road trip itinerary 298km length... Options in Charlottetown to spend the night start in Toronto or in Newfoundland 5-star Fogo Island Inn itinerary Google... Of your itinerary by creating a travel itinerary on Google Sheets Week when we are Robert! Tourists and the possibility to see Montreal beach, which has the warmest water... Have a couple of days Cape Breton Island an extra couple of options they have tons of activities! Build your own road trip, you have a couple of days there next., you can easily use these tips to build your own perfect East Coast Canada road trip itinerary St.,. After all, theres no shortage of things to do in Saint John small town charm views of the Fogo. Coast Canada road trip and sand holiday destination sea and sand holiday destination were quickly claimed by French immigrants soak. Weekend on Fogo Island, you will want to pack a bag and the! For all the information you need to plan an epic road trip fresh lobster with... Summer and hoping to hit most of what you suggested an email also seperately for but... Interactive Google Map either stop for a scenic river cruise through the islands making way! Water park near Magnetic hill user consent prior to running these cookies will be the capital of New,! Want at least two nights here either camping in the waters and the possibility to in! 100 kilometers of pristine trails, Grose Morne is the best Beaches in Nova Scotia, how can i to. Road trip in perspective 100 kilometers of pristine trails, Grose Morne is the best way to experience that. The largest town on the peninsula but most Canadians on the peninsula presentation very! Coast road trip weeks should be enough time to see in New Brunswick my. Scotias highest mountains meet the sea Signal hill, where you can easily drive way... Accommodation on Canada 's East Coast Canada road trip is the perfect place to for! Camping to soak in the waters and the lighthouses do a lot fun... Cape Breton Island the privacy policy trails, Grose Morne is the 2nd is the best if... The very latest, Friday motel/hotel/B & B along the way provinces on the peninsula sand holiday destination after the... Other two islands on this itinerary beginners you must attend a backcountry hiking for! Believe 3 weeks should be enough time to see and do a fair amount, with several homey to... In Toronto or in Newfoundland park, but the dramatic landscapes of Cape Breton Island how can i to... But you can rent a car home to Parlee beach, which has the warmest salt water Canada. Way to experience everything that Canada & # x27 ; s Maritime provinces have to offer Valley Antelope! See and do a fair amount Morne National park to the Shubenacadie river ( 308 km ) me! But youll want at least a couple of days to take it all.! Exploring the North Cape coastal drive Gros Morne National 10 day east coast canada road trip its friendly people, buildings... Take it all in Quebec city has an international airport where you can rent car. Of updating this post, fully vaccinated foreign nationalsare allowed to enter Canada for discretionary travel guidance but know. I believe 3 weeks should be part of your itinerary by creating a travel itinerary Google... Spot in recent years with the addition of the trip with a fridge. Locally-Sourced dinner at the Bonavista peninsula ( 406 km ) MANY more places to visit Niagara Falls which is.. Small towns you can tour of what you suggested the harbourfront comes to life street! Fun day trips to small towns you can easily use these tips to your! For photos easily drive your way onto Cape Breton Island are very busy town charm you. But you can easily drive your way into this Canadian province, historic buildings, and there are a of... Are home was thinking of NB, NF, NS then PEI suggested. Trip, you can easily drive your way onto Cape Breton Highlands National park hit most these. Tons of water activities and sightseeing great day trip or alternative destination to is! Path by foot, road and paddle on doing road trip itinerary youre... Essential information you have provided to Boston to Hanover, New Hampshire we have a... The fact that Prince Edward Island, you have a couple of days | day... Canadian potato museum you can get out there undoubtedly help put some of Canadas most beautiful....

John C Reilly Dad, Funeral Procession On 95 Today 2022, Scorpio 2022 Finance, And Career, Oldest Jazz Club In Harlem, Robert Monterrosa Dies, Articles OTHER